Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

unnerving

“Are you still mad at me?” William asked as Jade and Hayley returned ten minutes before the show started. Jade just passed him. “Jade…” He stood moving to follow. Hayley’s hand gripped his elbow and she shook her head no.

“You made her cry.” Hayley whispered. William actually had. She got so mad that he’d assume just because she wasn’t mentally checked in that she didn’t know what she was saying or doing. Acting like he had to be there to make sure she was alright. She didn’t need him.

“I…” William’s breathing hitched. He made her cry. “Oh god.” He sank back to the couch, hand over mouth. “I’m such an asshole.”

“Yup.” Half the room agreed, teasingly. William glanced back at the small girl, his girlfriend, sitting in the corner by herself.

Standing he pulled away from Hayley and moved to Jade’s side. He hugged his knees to his chest and watched her nervously. She didn’t look up at him, she didn’t even move to acknowledge him. Hell he would’ve liked her to even scoot away that way he was making some effect on her.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered. “I didn’t mean it.” He sighed.

“If you didn’t mean it, then why’d you say it?” She whispered gently. “You just don’t say thing like that when you don’t mean them.” William sighed deeply as the room left them be.

“Well, when you lie you get this look.” He mumbled. “And you had that look.” Jade looked up at him confused. She had a look to when she lied? She didn’t know that. “So I assumed you were still lying to me. Usually when I teasingly call you a lair you giggle and run away, meaning you were in fact lying. I didn’t mean to upset you. I just…I shouldn’t have been so inconsiderate of your feeling.” Jade nodded. “Can I be forgiven?” Jade shrugged lightly. “Did you really cry?” Jade just hugged her legs closer to her chest and kept her eyes focused on her bare exposed toes. “Jade…” He breathed pulling her into his chest, startling her. “I didn’t mean it, I’m not worth tears! Hell I’m not worth looking at!” Jade giggled softly.

“I like looking at you…you’re just a jerk today.” She whispered. William sighed. Atleast she laughed, right?

“No. I’m a jerk all the time and you just seem to put up with it. Why I don’t know, but I’ll try and be nicer.” He sighed. Jade shrugged. She really didn’t feel much of anything at the moment. “How can I make this better?” She shrugged again. “Jade…” he whispered, kissing the top of her head. “I’m sorry.” He could barely keep up voice at an audible tone as he spoke. He felt so broken.

The room sat in silence watching the pair before they all jumped at the loud ringing. Everyone turned looking at Aaron.

“Sorry.” He grumbled while looking at his phone and moving towards the door.

“When did he get here?!” Zac Farro gasped.

“He’s been here.” Alex and Jack were not expert Aaron finders. Real life or youtube video they could spot the guy as if he were made of glowing neon.

“Holy hell.”

“Oh the wonders we could show you.” Jack sighed. “Anyway! Time to be happy!” He grunted as Hayley smacked him. “What? I’d rather they be disgustingly cute again than sad and depressed!” The room agreed softly.

William bit his tongue. He wanted to yell and scold Jack. But he knew if he did Jade would get mad at him. Right now everyone was her friend but him. He’d be attacking her friend.

Licking his lips he kissed the top of her head again softly. Jade wrapped her arms around him and hid her face in the crook of his neck. It wasn’t her forgiving him, William knew that, but it was a start.

“Come on guys. Show time.” William stood, and put Jade of her feet.

“Jade, I really am sorry. I never meant to make you cry.” She just nodded. Something inside her told her today was going to get a lot worse, and she couldn’t figure out how. Today was by far one of the worst days of her life already, that she could remember atleast. William and her were fighting, they knew fought. How much worse could her day get that she couldn’t even be happy he never meant what he said? “Jade tell me how to fix this?” He groaned stopping her. She hummed and frowned.

“I already forgave you.” She whispered. His frown deepened.

“Then tell me how to make you smile, to laugh, to be happy.” She sighed. “I won’t to know how I can fix that, because its my fault your upset.” The room watched. This was better than the cheap soap opera channels the bus tv’s played off the only channel they got.

“Oh no. Its not you.” She smiled weakly. William raised a brow confused. If that was her lie for this, it was a poor one. “I have a really bad feeling about the rest of the day. It just doesn’t feel right.” She whispered gently. William sighed.

“I won’t make you cry again.” He smiled as she gave him a real Jade smile.

“I know.” He voice was still soft and distant. “I just want today to be over with so I know nothing else if going to go wrong with anything or anyone else.” William nodded and held his hand out. Eagerly she took it.

His smile could be missed as she led him out of the room towards the stage. It was like he’d just asked the prettiest girl in high school to prom and she’d agreed to not only that but all to be his girlfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the wait.
One of my computers(The one I have all the new chapters to this saved on.) wouldn't turn on, couldn't figure out why. Finally got the money for geek squad, now have that computer back. :]
Sorry for the wait.