Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

Fashion show?

Jade jumped out of the changing booth, arms raised as she smiled at everyone. She liked trying on cloths, she liked the attention. She paused looking over to her left, waiting. Jake jumped out a second later, arms raised as well. Both turned looking to their right as Aaron stepped out of the booth and lifted his arms lightly. Jade and Jake dropped their arms.

“You’re no fun.” Jake stated, Jade nodded in agreement.

“Sorry?” Aaron muttered softly as he adjusted his shirt. “But I can’t jump in these pants.”

“Why not?” Jade asked looking down at the black jeans he wore.

“Because Albert’s trying to get a good look at my ass.” He stated glaring over at Albert who smiled sweetly at him. “And I can’t bend my knees let alone hardly walk.”

“Oh, that stinks.” Jade stated as she looked down at the bright pink pants she stood in with a plum purple shirt on. She liked colors, lots of colors. “Put on looser pants.” She added. “Albert stop being mean to Aaron!” She added pointing at him. “Be mean to someone else.” She added. “Like Oliver.” She giggled as she ducked back into the changing booth as Oliver frowned at her.

“I’m sorry, I’ll be nice.” Aaron snorted. “Don’t make me hurt you baby.” Albert warned, pointing at finger at the closed curtain. “Jerk.” He huffed lightly as he collected looser pants for Aaron and passed them in throw the curtain.

“Ta-da!” Jade yelled jumping out from the curtain, arms raised over her head. She stood in a yellow and black stripped long sleeved shirt and a pair of black pants. Albert smiled over at Alicia before back at Jade.

“For a girl who’s never been shopping you sure do know how to dress yourself.” He stated.

“I just like it.” She stated. “Besides, you helped me.” She added smiling up at him. Squealing he picked her up in a tight hug.

“You’re so adorable”! He gasped. Jade giggled hugging him back, her legs locking around his waist to keep her self up as her arms latched around his waist and her arms around his neck. “I could eat you up!” He stated setting her down and smiling at her.

“I don’t think your boyfriend would be too happy if you did that.” Dan laughed as he sat on the stool with Doug and Oliver watching as Jake, Jade and Aaron jumped in and out of the changing booths with different outfits on. Oliver was having a grand old time taking pictures as Doug filmed, it was going to start making YouTube video’s for the band. He was going to label this web-a-sode Jumping Shopping Monkeys sounded fun to him.

“Pfftt.” Albert snorted with a wave of the hand as he picked up a few more things giving them to Jade. “Now go.” He stated, saluting Jade moved back into changing room and changed into the dress. She stopped looking at it as he hung around her knees, the sliver fabric glittering up at her as the sweet-heart neck line showed off her defined collar bone.

Stepping out slowly she waved as skirt around with a giggle softly at it.

“You look so beautiful.” Alicia gasped. Jade giggled running over and grabbing her wrist.

“Come on, try cloths on with me!” She gasped. Alicia giggled as Albert quickly began collecting more cloths.

“No, I’ve got enough cloths.” Alicia laughed as Albert passed her the cloths and pushed her into a changing room.

“Just cause you try it on doesn’t mean you have to buy it!” Jade stated looking up at Albert as the others burst into fits of laughter.

“Okay! Okay!” Albert clapped lightly. “Time for the boys only.” He stated. “Alicia take the camera.” Alicia did as told as Jade sat down on the stool, she was wearing the yellow and black long sleeve shirt and a pair of yellow pants. “Dan, Doug get your butts in there.” Albert muttered moving the girls’ cloths out of the changing rooms and hanging them up on empty rolling hangers.

Saluting Doug did as told as Dan groaned, but complied not wanting to make the fierce and fantastic Albert mad. All four stood in the open curtains of the changing rooms as Albert moved around them.

“Go.” Albert stated. They all closed the curtains and began changing. “Are you all ready?” He asked getting yes’s in response. “Come out.” All four curtains slid open and they stood in the doorways. Jade giggled and folded over at the waist as all four of them lifted their left leg and placed their hands on their hips. “That was creepy how well you all did that.” Albert stated lightly, laughing as well.

“Just a little.” Oliver muttered. “Hold that.” He stated taking a picture before moving to take a picture of each and everyone of them. “Jade,” He asked turning around. Wanna get in the middle?” He asked, nodding Jade stood between Doug and Dan lifting her left leg and putting her hands on her hips. Oliver took another group picture before taking one simply of Jade.

“Next!” Albert stated. Jade rushed back to her spot next to Alicia as the boys all closed their curtains.

“So.” Albert stated once they were all done trying on their cloths and back in the outfits they’d come in. “When’s the first show?” He asked lightly, the guys glanced at each other as small smiled spread over their lips.

“We’re thinking next Friday with All Time Low.” Dan stated lightly. “They’ve agreed now we just gotta figure out how to get Jade there.” He stated. Albert nodded.

“That’s a pretty big step right away.” He muttered softly.

“Yeah, but we can do it, and I don’t think Jade will mind. Would you?” Jade tipped her head to the side. She’d been told what a show was and she knew who All Time Low was too.

“Nope.”

“It’s a lot of people.” Albert whispered softly looking between them all. “For you’re first time on stage.” He added, finishing.

“I like people!” Jade gasped as she bounced in her seat lightly. “I wanna show them what I can do!” she added, giggling and letting her hands slap over her mouth lightly as she did so. They all nodded, laughing as well.

“Okay… so… now that that’s come up.” Dan stated licking his lips being the speaker for the group, like always. “And been explained.” He stated. “What I have to say next doesn’t leave this group.” He stated. “And I’ll tell you why it won’t leave this group first.” He stated as Alicia, Oliver and Albert sat up right watching him. “Oliver you’re are picture taker, that’s obvious. Alicia and Albert we want you to sell and design our merch, we won’t have any by Friday and that’s fine but still.” He stated, Alicia and Albert squealed at the idea. “And that means we trust you guys enough to put you this close to Jade.” All three of them stopped.

“What’d you mean?” Alicia stated lightly looking over at Jade, who smiled at her weakly.

“Jade’s an asylum patient.” He finished, scratching the back of his neck as all three of them looked at her, she waved lightly. “She’s only there because she was smashed with a bat when she was younger by her dad.” Jade nibbled on her bottom lip. “And the state thought she was going to be stuck an eight year-old her whole life and that she wouldn’t be able to learn. We’ve proven that wrong and Abby, her care taker also thinks she doesn’t belong there. Jade’s the most normal person there.” Dan finished lamely.

“She’s an asylum patient?” Oliver stated pointing at her. The guys nodded as Jade hung her head lightly. “You’re lying, if anyone here belongs in an asylum it’s Jake. He’s mental.” Oliver stated.

“No, we’re not kidding.” Doug stated lightly. “She sneaks out after lights out and she sneaks back in before the first bed check of the night.” He stated. “And thus why she has the dress, all the girls in the asylum have them.”

“So you’re form the Julie Ann Asylum then if it’s only girls.” Albert stated lightly. The boys all blinked confused. “My mom works there.” He huffed lightly as they all nodded.

“Who’s your mom?” Jade asked.

“Victoria Witter.” Jade growled lightly at the name. “Thus making me Albert Witter.” He laughed lightly as he lifted his hands with a weak smile.

“I hate her, she’s mean to me.” Jade mumbled.

“You think you’ve got it bad?” Albert laughed. “I live in the same house with her, I have my whole life. I’m related to her.” Jade grimaced at the thought. “Yeah.” He laughed before gasping. “Oh my god! I finally have someone to talk trash to about my mother!” He gasped his hands flying over his mouth at the thought. Jade giggled.

“You should visit the asylum, there’s loads of people you can talk trash about her with.” Jade giggled, he nodded at the idea.

“If you go though Albert you can’t mention anything about Jade’s outside life. The first time you go you have to act like you’re meeting her for the first time.” Albert nodded with a frown.

“That’s no fun.” He stated looking at Jade. “I’ll stick with you.”

“Don’t mention her at home and don’t play our music at home either, you’re mom’s way to noses.” Aaron gasped waving his hands around.

“And she’s a bitch.” Alicia sighed. Albert hugged her lightly with a laugh.

“Makes sense.” Oliver mused. “I mean, you guys are always explaining things to her and what not. It’s not because she’s stupid it’s because she’s never seen, touched, used or even heard of it before.” The guys nodded at Oliver’s hum as Jade smiled at him. He didn’t think she was stupid and it was just a miss understanding. “It makes complete sense now.” He stated lightly. “I won’t say a word.” He added.

Everyone looked at Alicia and Albert. Both lifted there hands and pretended to zip their lips shut and lock them before tossing the invisible keys behind them.

“Cool.” They guys all breathed.

“I would never ruin my new buddy.” Albert laughed.

“Yeah,” Alicia laughed hugging Jade tightly. “She’s the only cool, normal friend I’ve got.” She stated. Jade giggled hugging her back tightly.

“So how are you getting her out for the show?” Oliver asked softly.

“No clue yet.” Jake and Doug stated lightly bobbing their heads.

“I’ve been trying to figure it out with Abby.” Dan stated. “And I’m grateful I haven’t actually met you’re mother outside of the asylum, that would blow our whole cover.” Albert laughed with a nod. “So far we’ve got that we’re going to go before with Jade and unload and stuff so we don’t have to worry about getting her out at around one in the afternoon and have people freak or anything.” Everyone nodded. “Then we’ve got no clue.”

Everyone stopped thinking.

“I could destroy my jacket again and then Abby would have to take me to get a new one and that always takes hours to do because I’m a pain in the butt when it comes to getting pastel colored cloths.” Jade groaned. “I hate the lack of color.” She whispered as everyone nodded.

“Okay, I’ll come by tomorrow and plan it all out with Abby.” Dan laughed lightly.

“Yay!” Jade giggled.

“So don’t destroy you’re jacket just yet, wait till we say so.” Jade saluted. “Now lets get you back before they notice you’re gone.”

“Okay.” Jade giggled lightly.