Jaded by Bright Colors and Faded Walls

all for a jacket

Jade looked up at Abby and smiled as her jacket burned in the fire place. Victoria glared at her with her hands on her hips while Abby shook her head lightly, playing along with the ploy.

“What?” Jade giggled lightly. “I was cold.” She stated, it was always her response when she burned her jacket.

“Then you should have put it on.” Victoria snapped.

“But this makes me much warmer faster!” Jade giggled throwing her hands up in the air as she bounced on her toes. She watched Victoria take deep breaths as she screwed her eyes shut trying to not hurt Jade.

“Abby.” Abby looked up. “Take her to get a new jacket.”

“That’ll take hours.” Abby whispered.

“Good, I need her gone for a while.” Abby nodded.

“Let me get my coat.” She sighed leaving the room to get her coat. Jade giggled as she pulled at the corners of her mouth with her fingers, making a face at Victoria. Pointing a threatening finger at Jade Victoria took in deep breaths, trying to control her self before she turned and stormed out of the room as well. “Come on Jade.” Giggling Jade rushed to Abby’s side and followed her out of the asylum and down the driveway and out the gates.

They walked into town quickly to the store Albert worked at. Jade giggled and waved at him as they walked in. She turned looking at the large white van parked in front of the store, it was her ride. She giggled at it as Abby moved to the back getting the change of cloths she’d dropped off before hand.

“Hurry.” Albert laughed as he pulled Jade to the back as well. “Pick something.” He stated to the rack of cloths Jade had tried on. Jade instantly grabbed the black and yellow stripped long sleeve shirt, a black double button jacket, and a pair of black pants. For some reason she liked the combination together. “Go.” He stated ushering her to the changing rooms.

Running Jade slid in and changed quickly.

“Ready?” Abby asked softly. They nodded.

“To the van!” Doug declared, pointing a finger as one foot kicked up and he spun towards the door. Laughing all four of them rushed to the van and inside. Abby sat in the back with Jade and Albert as Albert brushed through Jade’s hair and began doing it, refusing to let him put make-up on her.

Doug drove through traffic quickly to the club they’d be playing out. Kids were already lined up outside the venue waiting to be let in as he backed in to their spot and lining up with their trailer. Aaron and Jake instantly hooked the trailer up as everyone got out of the van. Jade gasped as the cold snow under neither her bare feet.

“You forgot shoes!” Albert laughed lightly as Doug inside with Abby to get her and Jade the passes they’d need to go in and out of the venue as they pleased.

“I forgot!” Jade gasped throwing her arms up wildly as she shook her head lightly. “I don’t wear shoes normally!” she added in her defense as she giggled.

“Oh my god…. Jade!” She stopped turning to look at her name. She blinked as a bunch of people began rushing over to her.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” Albert laughed holding a hand up stopping the kids. “Jade just got here, chill out.” He stated lightly feeling more like a body guard than a merch guy. “She’ll be back out once she’s check in inside and we’ve located her shoes. Okay?” He asked, the kids looked down at Jade’s bare feet and then up at her. She giggled and waved at them as she pushed one hand up into her hair and leaned back lightly.

“Okay.” They kids agreed going back to the line and Albert ushered Jade in side.

“What was that about?” She asked lightly as they entered the warm building. Albert laughed lightly and licked his lips as his mouth opened but no words came out.

“What?” Dan asked lightly as Abby walked over and handed Jade her pass. She clipped it to her belt like they told her to do the night before.

“Jade almost got attacked by kids outside.” Albert stated with a laugh.

“Seriously?” He whispered. Albert nodded.

“You guys are going to go places fast.” He added.

“Meaning you’ll be coming with us.” Dan laughed as he moved over to their merch booth. “So, go talk to them.”

“Jade forgot her shoes.” Albert started.

“I don’t wear shoes!” Jade gasped throwing her arms down frustrated. “They feel funny!” She added as they laughed.

“Then go outside and talk to them.” Jade nodded at the suggestion from Abby. The boys smiled at her at the idea. “Let’s go.” Nodding Jade giggled rushing out the doors. She ran over to Jake and wrapped her arms around his waist as he talked to a few of the kids.

“Hiya.” She stated up at him, he laughed down at her.

“Hiya back.” He stated. “Why aren’t you wear shoes?” He asked lightly as Jade pulled back. She wiggled her toes in the slush freezing her feet.

“Because Shoes stink and feel funny.” Jake nodded.

“Whatever.” He laughed.

“Jade.” She looked up at several kids. “Will you sign this?” One asked holding a picture of her and the guys. She nodded taking the pen and signed it for the kid and bit confused to why she had to sign it.

“Can I have a picture?” A few others asked. Jade nodded a bit confused by the small silver thing the kid held up. She’d only ever seen Oliver’s large professional camera before.

Jade took, pictures, signed things and talked with kids for a while.

“I’m going to go back inside.” Jade laughed softly as she wrapped her arms around her chest. “I can’t feel my feet anymore.” She added as the kids laughed. Turning around she went back inside, passing Abby watching her form the doorway.

“Holy crap!” Jade looked up at the loud yell. “They’ve lost All Time Low.” Doug laughed as she sat down rubbing her cold feet. “Well actually Jack got them lost.” He added. “Because he thinks he’s so cool he knows directions.” The guys all laughed as Jade giggled softly. Albert tossed Jade a pair of socks, grateful she pulled them on quickly.

“Learn to wear shoes.” He added.

“Never gonna happen.” Abby laughed sitting down as she hugged her jacket close to her. “She’s never worn shoes, ever.” She finished as the others nodded. “No matter how much your mother has tried, and trust me she’s tried.” Albert laughed.

“I don’t doubt that.” Albert laughed. “Alicia’s bringing her some shoes as well.” He added.

“She on her way?” Jake asked form his spot on the ground. Albert nodded. “Sweet.” He added as he rolled over looking at Jade. “Rawr!” he yelled lifting his hands in the air as he lay on his stomach.

“Rawr!” Jade yelled shifting onto her knees as she lifted her hands over her head. The guys laughed. “I’m bored!” Jade yelled as she dropped her arms. “Also,” She asked softly. “Why do those people know me and like me show much?” She asked softly.

“Because they like the way you sing.” Jade frowned, she’s never sung for anyone else really.

“MySpace.” They all stated.

“Oh.” Jade giggled as she stood up. She ran around with the guys having a good time till the side doors opened again.

“Hiya!” Jade called through the shadows to the people.

“Hiya!” Two people called back to her just as cheerfully. Giggling she hunched over and bounced in place.

“Who are you?” She called back.

“I’m Jack and this jerk is Alex.” She giggled as the two people appeared.

“What? I’m the jerk? You got us lost!” Alex yelled as the two glared at each other.

“I’m Jade!” She called to them they both paused looking at her.

“Brace yourself Jade.” Jake yelled covering his head as the two looked at each other then looked at her.

“Why?” Abby asked softly.

“We only got this gig because they’re in love with her.” Dan clarified as the two came barreling over. Jade blinked before they scooped her up in a hug a massive hug.

“Umm.. Hiya.” She giggled at them as she hugged them back lightly. They set her down and smiled at her as she waved at them. “You wanna…” She stopped as the elderly man who’d been wandering around yelled at them.

“You’ve got sound check, get on stage.” Jade blinked. “Jack, Alex now!” He added as the two frowned looking between the grumpy old men and Jade. “Now.”

“Okay.” They called. “We’ll hang out later.” They both stated as they rushed off to hurry with sound check. Jade rose a brow as she turned to the guy and sat down.

“It’s what you say to sound more adult instead of ask someone to play all the time.” Oliver clarified as he held the actual recoding camera. Jade nodded lightly. “I’ll edit that out.” He added as Dan and Aaron glared at him. “I don’t just post these, I do edit them.” He added, they all nodded lightly letting the whole potential argument. “Jeez.”

Jade jumped up rushing over to Oliver and grabbed the camera.

“Rawr!” she yelled into before rushing off. Laughing she sat on Jake, who simply groaned at the small amount of weight placed on her back. “Rawr?” She asked looking down at him. Jake rolled over grabbing her face.

“Rawr, yes, Rawr.” He stated at her with wide eyes. Giggling Jade grabbed is face widening her already large eyes at him. He laughed at her and pushed her off gently.

“Jerk.” She giggled as she lay on the ground next to him. Sitting up she giggled as her hair fell in her face. “Now what?” She asked softly.

“We watch them sound check.” Doug mused pointing at the four people on the stage. “Then Hit the Lights sets ups sound checks, then A Skylit Drive does and then we do.” He stated softly. She nodded lightly watched as they all held some kind of instrument.