I Just Want You to Know Who I Am

Chapter 1: Hello, Goodbye

It's December 22nd, 2008. I'm making my way through the snowy and busy streets of New York City.

'I'm late, I'm late!'

My heels click against the cement, sliding through the black ice. I shriek as I almost slip down the large flight of stairs towards the subway. I make it down okay, out of breath. I'm still running, carrying five bags of presents for my nieces, nephews, sister, brother and grandparents. My heart is pumping through my ribcage then suddenly stops when I reach the subway doors as they close right in front of my face. My eyes start to tear up.

'No, no! I can't miss my flight!'

I hear someone shout to my right. I look, seeing a man shoved halfway through the doors, holding them so they won't close. A smile flashes across my shimmering lips as I rush towards him and squeeze through the doors with his help.

"Thank you! Oh thank you sir!"

My Australian accent shines through as I speak to him. He chuckles warmly and deeply, rubbing his arms which are probably sore from the doors force. I put down my bags quickly, the ropes of the handles digging into my arms and hands. I take a deep breath, sighing as I sit down, only to knock over my black purse, spilling all the contents. I groan, pushing back a few stray strands of my black, dark brown and carmel colored hair. I get out of my seat and kneel so my skirt doesn't go up.

I start to pick up things like my wallet, makeup, coins. As I stare at the ground, searching for whatever else I've dropped, a black gloved hand bumps into mine, holding my plane ticket. My hazel eyes look up to meet a pair of dark brown eyes as I laugh nervously at the man from before.

"Thanks...again."

We both laugh quietly as he also hands me my brush, keys and after looking it over, my ID. I blush madly as a complete stranger has seen a picture of myself on a day that I chose to look like a bum. As he's handing me the flimsy piece of plastic, I study his features and wow is he a heart throb. Perfectly sculpted, high cheekbones, above the chin-length, blonde hair with brown roots peeking out and a smile that could knock you dead about a mile away.

My lips turn into a sideways smile as I outstretch my ring covered fingers to him, "Hi, I'm Bindi."

He softly takes my hand in his, rubbing it with his thumb and brushing his lips onto my skin, "I saw. I'm Heath."

I giggle, taking my hand away from his as I try to hide the embarrassment on my face. He still has a polite smile playing on his lips.

He clears his throat, helping me up and into my seat while holding onto three of the bags, "So Bindi Shaw, where are you headed to in such a rush?"

I notice his accent is the same as mine, but I don't say anything about it.

'Boy I could get lost in his voice.'

"Australia. For Christmas."

He makes a face of approval, "Sounds lovely. Family?"

I nod, "Whole lot of family."

He laughs, "I know how that is."

I look out the window to notice my stop is coming up and I groan.

He looks also and leans closer to me, his elbows on his knees, "Would you like me to help you?"

My eyes dart back to him, "Oh, no no no! I've already been a bother I can't-"

"It would be my pleasure...Bindi."

I blush again.

'I like the way he says my name.'

I bite the inside of my lip as his smile grows bigger, "Come on now. It would make me feel a whole lot better knowing you got in a cab and your safe rather than wondering if you dropped a bag in the middle of traffic."

I laugh, smiling with him as the subway comes to a stop, "Fine. Alright, you win!"

He takes the three bags he's holding and stands up as I grab the remaining two along with my now closed purse. We walk off and make our way up the stairs and out into the chilled night air. We go over towards the street and he whistles loudly for a cab. Much to my surprise, one comes. He places all the bags into the trunk, taking the ones I was holding away from me. I was going to argue that I had everything under control until he held his finger up to shush me.

He closes the trunk and smiles at me, "There you go." he leans into the passenger seat and says to the driver, "New York Airport please."

I smile as he comes back out and faces me, "Thank you so much Heath. Going through all this trouble."

He shakes his head, "I wouldn't want to miss an opportunity of spending what time I could with such a beautiful woman."

I blush madly and start to giggle, "Before you miss your plane, It was very nice meeting you Bindi Shaw."

I hold out my hand and we shake, "It was a pleasure meeting you Sir Heath."

He kisses my hand again before walking off, "I'll see you around."
♠ ♠ ♠
No, I'm not putting the Joker sequel on hold. I'm waiting for feedback :]
Also, I came up with a cute idea for this and had to do it.
*Note: My internet has been retarded the past few days because my dad's dumb and keeps messing with it, so updates will take a little while!

Bindi
Image