I Just Want You to Know Who I Am

Chapter 5: Family

I'm going to surprise them. I lied like a bad girl, telling them I was caught up in work and wouldn't be able to make it this year. They bought it of course. I park across the street, turning my lights off first so they don't get suspicious. For being 24, I get all giddy like a star-struck 14 year old as I jump out of my car, grabbing just the presents quickly and rushing towards the house. The dining room lights are on and I can hear booming laughter, from my grandfather, and the high giggles of my niece and nephews. I stop at the door, catching my breath as I breath through my nose.

'Home!'

My home is pretty big and it's not what you may think with sand everywhere, wild kangaroos bouncing around in our backyard, well there's a few rare times that has happened, but it has grass like any home with a big-stoned pathway that splits in two to the porch. We would paint it something different but this was what our parents did before they died, which I'll tell you about a little later. It's green, red and yellowish. Some would say, "Jeez, were they color blind?!" Nope. Not at all. I love my home though, with it's big front window that has glass that you can't see through. Looks like thousands of tiny water ripples. Anyone and everyone loves this place. My entire family lives here which isn't too big. My grandparents love to burn cinnamon and ginger candles and my grandmother loves to bake cookies and dinner.

Enough rambling! I place the bags down quietly and off to the side so the little brats don't rip through them for their stuff. There's my sisters two twin boys, Jack and Max along with my brothers daughter and son, Chloe and Ace. Straightening out my outfit, I reach towards the door, knocking on it three times. Everything gets quiet and I hide to the side, so they can't look through the sheet over the door at me.

"Who's that Zacc?" I hear my sister ask.

"I don't see anybody, hold on." Ha, my brother!

The porch light turns on and he opens the door, sticking his messy, black head out and looking around.

I then jump out in front of him and scream, "Boo!"

He whacks his head on the side of the door frame, eyes bulging as I stifle my laugh.

"Still a little chicken shit ain't ya Zaccy?"

He grabs his chest, "You are so dead Bindi!"

I scream as I push past him, running into the house and into the kitchen, my brother chasing after me.

"I did nothing to deserve this Zacc! You just scare easily!" I laugh.

I pass the living room, skidding to a sharp left turn as he jumps over a chair like a ninja. The family is all in there. I hear gasps and laughter.

"Bindi you little minx! You are such a liar!" my Nana says.

I giggle, stopping at one end of the couch where Chloe, Ace, Jack, Max and Paige are sitting and Zacc's on the other end, out of breath like me.

Zacc points at me, "Just like Nana said, you lied about not being here and secondly-"

He glares as I tip my head, really confused as everyone gets quiet, "-you nearly gave me a heart attack!"

Everyone starts to laugh. I walk over to him and put my fists up, "Don't try anything stupid!"

"I won't, come here!"

He grabs my arm, pulling me into a tight hug. I hug him back.

"Oy I've missed you all so much!"

We pull apart as he smiles at me, ruffling my hair up, "Hey, hey!"

Zacc and I are really close. We're only separated by two months, he could almost be my twin. I pinch his cheek, making him slap my hand away.

"Haven't changed a bit."

He laughs, outstretching his arms, "Well you've certainly changed a lot there! Look how boney she is!"

He pokes my side as I punch his arm, "I am healthy, thank you very much!"

I look towards the couch to see four heads popping out from the other side, all I can see is each of their eyes.

I bend down on the tan carpet, holding my arms out for them, "Come on ya little buggers!"

They start to scream and screech as they jump off, running towards me, tackling me down. I laugh as each of them grab a arm or leg and hug me tightly.

"You kids are so cute."

I look back to see Zacc sneaking in my bags.

'Read my mind bro.'

-2 hours later-

After saying hello to Paige, my grandparents and our three shepherds that live outside, we reminisced about what they've been doing and what I've been up to. It was way past the kiddies bedtimes so Zacc along with my grandparents took them upstairs. My sister's sitting next to me and turns when their gone, smiling wildly.

I raise a eyebrow, "What do you want?"

"Dating anyone yet?"

I roll my eyes. 'Same question every time they see me!'

"No Paige, stop asking."

Mystery man pops into my brain again, making me smile. I quickly try to cover it up by making it look like I bit my tongue.

She gasps, "You met someone!"

I blush and look at her like she's crazy, "No I haven't! What are you-"

"Your blushing and you were smiling for no reason! Aah! Tell me who he is!"

Paige, she's only 22, usually quiet unless it comes to bugging me about my personal life. She has the same length hair as me but very dark brown with a little red tint in it.

She grabs my arm, "Come on Bindi! I'm your sister!"

I stare at her with a serious expression till I can't hold it in anymore, a smile cracks open. We both start to giggle.

"What's his name?!"

"Heath."

"Heath what?"

"That's all I got."

"What's wrong with you! Let me guess, no number either?"

I nod, she knows me well.

"Tsk, tsk. Tell me everything!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback ]: waah