Will It Be Forever

Part Fifteen- Time to Play

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

AJ rubbed her forehead as she paced around her living room. Her heartbeat raced and she felt like she was going to toss up her lunch. Matt was going to be arriving in a couple of minutes. She didn’t know how to explain the whole thing to him. Where would she start without him getting mad at Brian? She ran a hand through her hair. She had never felt so stressed out in her life.

Addeline paused from her pacing and collapsed onto the couch. She let out a small groan. She didn’t want to lose Matt but she didn’t want to lie to him either. Damn her conscious. The sound of her doorbell ringing resonated through her hallway and she sat up quickly. He was here already.

She stood up from her couch and headed to the front door. Sucking in a deep breath, she opened the front door and put a smile on her face. “Hi,” she said before he leaned in and they kissed.

“Hello,” he said and she stepped out of the way so he could come inside. He turned around and looked at her when he got into the living room. “So what’s up?” He asked. She bit her lower lip for a moment and made a motion for him to sit on the couch.

“Sit down,” she told him. His face went blank for a moment and he sat down.

“Uh oh,” he said and raised a small eyebrow. “What’s wrong?” He asked her. She winced at her voice and went to sit down next to him. She took his hand and smiled a bit at him. “Is it about last night?” Her eyes widened. Oh God. He was thinking something was wrong with him.

“No no no no no,” AJ started. She shook her head and brought his hand up to her lips, gently kissing it. She put their hands back down. “It’s not you. Last night was amazing.” Matt flashed a grin for a moment but he was getting the sense that there was something more to it. “The bar’s in trouble,” she told him.

“Hey,” he told her. “I can help with that. All you had to do is ask.” She opened her mouth to say something but he continued. “I mean we can raise money, right?” He asked. “I mean last night you got me to sing again and I never thought I would. It was great and I realized how much I missed the stage. I can get the band together and put on a show at the bar. I’m sure the guys will agree to it.”

Jesus, he was talking at a million miles per minute. “Matt,” she started.

He got up. “Really… It’s no problem,” he told her and leaned in to kiss the top of her head. “We can do it this weekend too,” he told her. Oh God, he was getting excited. He was like a fucking little boy on Christmas. “As a matter of fact I’ll go talk to them now…”

“But,” she started and he just left. Her eyebrows furrowed together and her shoulders slumped. Shit.

-Time relapse-

“She what!?”

Michelle picked up a book because it was the closest thing and hurled it at Brian. “How could you do that!?” She screamed at him. He ducked and the book smacked into the wall. She had never been so furious in her life. She hopped over the couch and punch Brian in the arm. “How could you be that stupid? Huh!?” Brian winced.

“Babe!” He yelled. “Calm the hell down and listen.” Michelle’s eyes narrowed at Brian. She couldn’t believe that he didn’t tell her sooner and he had kept it from her for so long. “I just wanted to help him out! It’s been two years! He was only getting worse!”

Michelle poked him in the chest and he let out an ‘ow.’ “You,” she started, “Will tell him or I will.” Brian’s eyes widened a bit and he shook his head.

“But the show is today!” He exclaimed. “We haven’t played in so long! Come on Michi…” Brian looked to the ground for a moment and even put on the puppy dog face. It looked like she was going for it for a moment until she hit him again. He let out a small groan and rubbed his chest where her fist had connected.

“Go to the stupid show,” she told him. “I’m not going. But if you don’t tell him! I swear to God Brian.”

“Ok ok ok,” he said. This wasn’t going to be good. He felt a vibrating in his pocket and he pulled out his cell phone to see who it was. Speak of the devil… It was Matt. He picked up, “What’s up man?”

“Dude. You’re running late. Get your ass here.”

“I’m coming give me a moment,” he said. “I’ll be there in a few.” They hung up and he grabbed his guitar case. It felt like it was their first show again. Good God. They had been practicing and here they were going to play again. It was exciting. “Babe! Are you coming?” He yelled for Michelle.

“Bite me!” She yelled back.

“Love you too!” He called before leaving.

-Small time relapse-

AJ wasn’t feeling too good. She still hadn’t gotten the chance to talk to Matt and it was already the day that they’d be playing. Their friends had agreed to help bartending, especially Leana since she had experience in it. Gena and Lacey were handling the tickets and some of their guy friends had set up the stage and sound equipment. She sucked in a deep breath. There had already been an amazing turn out. She hadn’t expected so many people but she was happy to see the guys, especially Matt, excited to play again.

Avenged Sevenfold chants had already started and it was almost time for them to play. She swallowed hard as she felt an arm around her waist. “You alright?” Matt asked. She raised an eyebrow.

“I should be asking you that,” she told him.

“I’m a little nervous,” he admitted and then gave her a kiss. “Hey think we can talk after the show?” He asked and she nodded.

“Yeah,” she told him. The chants started to get louder. “You better get to the stage,” she told him. He gave her another kiss and the guys walked by as the lights dimmed. The beginning to Critical Acclaim started and Matt headed for the stage. AJ turned in time to see him lean into the mic and start the beginning scream.