Will It Be Forever

Part Twenty- A New Life

“No way!”

“Are you serious?!”

AJ listened to Matt telling the guys the news. Their reactions had been giggle worthy but she held it all in as she told the girls. Squeals pierced her ears and yells enveloped her. Jesus, chicks could get into all of that baby stuff so easily. She smiled a bit at them and they rushed at her for a hug. “We don’t know for sure yet,” it seemed that was what they were both telling everyone.

“Who cares?” Leana asked and laughed. “It’s exciting.” AJ felt her face get hot and prayed that Matt would come save her from the AJ sandwich that the girls had put her in. She was glad everyone was excited otherwise… Well it was going to be awkward wasn’t it?

AJ looked at Michelle for a moment. She didn’t look as happy as the other girls did. She wondered briefly if Michelle had always thought that when Matt had a kid that would make her an aunt. AJ could understand why that would make someone upset but it wasn’t helping her feel better about it. Michelle put on a smile. “Congratulations,” she said.

AJ smiled back and nodded. “Thanks,” she told her as she felt Matt put an arm around her and save her from the swarm. She leaned against him and looked up to see him smiling as well.

“So when do you guys go to the doctor?” Brian asked. AJ had already set the appointment and Matt was going to go with her. She knew that the home tests weren’t always reliable so she had set up the appointment. She didn’t tell anyone except for Matt about the whole alcohol thing though she was sure that Brian and Michelle knew because they had walked in on her.

Her greatest fear was to be the reason why something was wrong with the child or if something went wrong in the child birth. She knew that she’d love the child no matter what. It was sort of an unconditional love that she already had for the fetus. “We’re going tomorrow,” she told him. Oh what a day that would be.

-Time relapse-

Months went by and everything seemed fine. The doctor had told her to have regular monthly check ups just in case anything could happen. Jessica took over the bar during the night. Matt and AJ had both quit drinking and AJ made sure she was hardly around cigarette smoke. She wanted everything to go fine for the child when he or she was born. It was coming close to the time that she would be able to find out the gender of the child.

“I want to know,” Matt whined. AJ just laughed at him. Sometimes she swore that he was worse than a little kid about it all. She shook her head as she got ready for this months doctor’s appointment. She was about seven months along now and humongous. She stuck her tongue out at her boyfriend.

“I want to be surprised,” she told him. He opened his mouth to protest but she held a hand up, stopping him before he had a chance to say anything. “I’m pulling the mommy card.” She grinned a bit as she winked at him.

“Ready to go?” He asked and she nodded. AJ took his hand and they headed out the door. Pausing for a moment, something didn’t feel exactly right. Her body stiffened as she looked at Matt. His mouth seemed to be moving, saying something else to her but she couldn’t hear what he was saying. He chest felt like it was getting heavy and it was getting harder to breath with each passing moment.

Her whole body seemed to warm up for a moment and then go cold. Shivers ran down her spine as she looked down, putting a hand on top of her stomach and she felt a sensation that she hadn’t felt since she was little. It felt like she was taking a piss on herself but she knew that wasn’t it. The next thing she knew, she was in Matt’s arms. Panic was written over his face and she saw blood on his hands. She want to tell him that she was going to be fine but all she did was bury her face into his neck.

---

“I don’t know what happen…”

Brian and Jimmy sat in front of him. “Everything’s going to be alright man,” Jimmy said. Matt couldn’t handle loosing another person he loved. He buried his hands in his face for a moment. The doctors were taking too long of a damn time in there. He wanted to see AJ. He wanted to see if their baby was going to be all right. He ran a hand through his hair for a moment and his eyebrows furrowed together.

Was God punishing him? What did he ever do to deserve this kind of punishment? All in three years… Why? “We were talking about wanting to find out if it was a boy or girl,” he told them, “We were about to leave and when he saw the dark spot on her pants after she wouldn’t talk… It scared the shit out of me…”

He heard the sound of heels on the floor and looked up to see the girls coming in. “Is she ok?” Leana asked. She was going to be the God Mother of the baby along with Gena. The first thing the two did was hug him. “The others are coming,” she told him.

“You guys didn’t have to come,” he said.

Gena shook her head. “But we wanted to…” She looked around and then looked back at him. “Have you heard anything yet?” Right when he was going to answer he saw the doctor coming towards them. Matt stood up and his hands started to sweat out of pure nervousness. His stomach twisted and his heart threatened to burst out of his chest.

“How is she?” was all Matt could say.

“We had to perform a hysterectomy,” he told him, “She was just starting to hemorrhage when you brought her in. The baby had its chord wrapped around its neck.” Matt felt like his world was beginning to crash around him. “She’s going to be fine.”

Matt swallowed hard. “And the baby?”

“We had to induce premature birth and perform a c-section. He’s going to have to be watched until his immunities fully build but he’s going to live.”

“Thank you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
one more!
<333