Will It Be Forever

Epilogue to Forever

AJ leaned against the doorway. It was almost time for him to wake up and go to school. He had been begging the previous day not to go to school. He wanted to spend a skip day with daddy. An eight year old already knowing about skipping school. He was too much like his dad and his uncles in fact. She knew that when he got older that she was going to have a handful.

“Come oooon,” Matt started next to her. “It’s just one day and the guys have a big surprise for him.” AJ raised her eyebrow at him. Yeah, she could imagine. She turned her head back to her son, still sound asleep. She sighed a bit and then nodded, giving in.

“Alright,” she started and then jumped on her eight year old son’s bed. “Damien,” she cooed. The brown haired boy let out a moan and rolled over, swatting his mother’s hand away. “I swear he’s just like you,” she said to Matt as she turned her head to look at him.

Matt gave her an amused look. “What?” He asked. “Incredibly good looking, charming, witty?” She rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him.

“Incredibly lazy is more like it,” she told him. “Damien William Sanders, wake up boy.” He turned around and looked at her with big hazel eyes, though sometimes his look more brown than hazel. He yawned a bit and stretched out.

“Do I have to go to school?” He asked in a small voice. AJ shook her head ‘no’ and he shot up from bed as he threw his arms around her neck, giving her a hug. She kissed the top of his head and smiled.

“Happy Birthday hon,” she said to him and he gave her a big toothy grin in response. Damien was her and Matt’s only kid and she didn’t mind. He was her perfect child and it didn’t bother her that she couldn’t have more. After the complications from his birth, she wasn’t sure that she wanted more.

“Come on kiddo,” Matt started and Damien jumped on his back. “Uncle Brian’s coming over with a gift.” She heard Damien let out a squeal of pure happiness. AJ couldn’t help but feel her heart become uplifted. He had been diagnosed with Autism three years ago, so it was hard for him sometimes in school. Damien’s strong suit wasn’t in science or math but his strong suit had been…Well music. He wasn’t very talkative in school but his self-expression had been in writing sheets of music and playing whatever he could.

She got up from the bed and went after her boys, wondering where they had gone off to. She heard an excited yell downstairs and she figured that Brian had shown up with his gift. “Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!” She heard Damien’s small voice calling for her. She laughed a bit and smiled.

“I’m coming!” She called and was met at the bottom of the stairs by her son who was waiting for her with a acoustic guitar in his hands. She let out a small gasp and smiled. “Did Uncle Brian get that for you?” She asked and Damien nodded.

“He said he wants to teach me how to play like him!” He exclaimed. AJ glanced at Brian who smiled sheepishly. She felt Matt’s big arm snake around her waist.

“You might want this little man,” Matt said, handing him a guitar strap to put on the guitar. The things was about his size, there was no way he could carry that but as soon as Matt put on the strap, Damien was wearing the guitar. Oh, proved her wrong. Brian handed over a pick and Damien started playing. “He’s really good,” he told her and she nodded in agreement.

Brian waved him over and started showing him some chords while AJ turned to her husband. “Did you ever picture things turning out this way?” She asked him. Matt looked like he had to think about it, which made her nudge him in the abdomen.

He let out a chuckle and leaned in to kiss her. Their lips met and AJ felt the same feelings she had felt the first time that they had kissed. The electricity was still there after so long. She touched the side of his face and pulled back a bit. “It’s been more than perfect,” he replied. What a sweetheart. She smiled at him and nodded a bit as she leaned against him. They had been able to work through a lot and now they had Damien.

“I agree,” she told him and let out a small breath before looking at Matt. “Will it be forever?” She asked.

“What?”

“This,” she told him. Matt nodded and kissed her forehead as they watched Damien play on his new guitar.

“Forever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
the end <3
thanks for reading everyone!