Sequel: Where Did You Go?

I Am Wrecking This Evening Already and Loving Every Minute of It

Ever Heard of Closing the goddamn Door

Mara’s bedroom door creaked open and let light from the corridor enter her dark room. Mara hid under her covers in her pajamas and waited for the door to close again. She heard the door close but knew the intruder did not yet leave. She could feel his presence. She wasn’t sure how she knew but she was sure she was correct.

She tried staying still so that the intruder would think she was sleeping but no, instead she just heard him sigh. She felt the mattress below her shift meaning the intruder was sitting on her bed. He just didn’t want to leave. Mara didn’t want to be mean but she just wasn’t in the mood.

Knowing the intruder knew she was indeed awake and not asleep she had to make him leave. She was down to her last option, actually talking to him.

“Pete” She said stressing out the ‘e’ to show her obvious annoyance, “can you please just leave me alone?”

“I promise to tell him that if I see him.” A voice that was clearly not Pete’s said. Mara turned around to face the intruder and ended up face-to-face with Ryan. He smiled a small smile and she returned the gesture.

“Do you really want to be left alone?” Ryan asked, disappointment coating his words.

“Yeah…” Mara replied. Ryan’s face visibly showed his sadness despite the lack of light in Mara’s room, “but with you.” Ryan looked up at her and smiled, the sadness disappearing.

“So…” Mara started. “Why are you here?”

“Do you not want me here?” Ryan asked while feigning hurt. He turned away from Mara for dramatic effect. Mara let out a small laugh and wrapped her arms around his skinny waist.

“Of course I want you here,” she said snuggling into his back, “or else I would have kicked you out by now.”

Ryan turned back to face him and saw Mara smiling cheekily at him. He then started tickling her as his revenge. He moved on top of her so he was straddling her while tickling her. She squirmed underneath him while letting out her sweet laugh.

“Ryan…please…stop…” she said in between breaths. He just smiled at her before continuing to tickle her. She let out a small scream causing something outside her bedroom door to fall.

Ryan immediately stopped tickling her and Mara stared at him wide-eyed. Oh fucking shit, ran through both of their minds. The door creaked open and a face popped out. The light from the corridor showed his face and his expression perfectly. Brendon stood there with eyes as wide as his mouth. Ryan and Mara saw him before he ran out, slamming the door behind him.

Ryan and Mara stared at each other as they realized what it must have looked like to Brendon. Ryan was currently straddling Mara while she tried to control breathing. Not too long after they were staring at each other, they were laughing at Brendon’s face. They laughed for a good five minutes before they worked on controlling the breathing. Mara made a mental note to never forget his expression while Ryan made a mental not to talk to him later. Who knows what he might do? He is Brendon Boyd Urie for god’s sake, he would do anything.

Silence soon enveloped the two as they lay in her bed. They were both thinking about what Pete had said but neither of them was sure if they wanted to talk about it.

The silence was soon interrupted when someone knocked on Mara’s door. They stayed quiet, waiting to find out the identity of the knocker.

“Mara please let me in!” Pete pleaded. He wanted to talk to her and explain himself but he didn’t want to cross the line and disturb her privacy.

Mara looked up at the ceiling, praying to the god she wasn’t so sure of. Despite her doubt she hoped and prayed that Pete would go away. Ryan looked at Mara unsure of what he should do. He just looked at her as she stared at the ceiling. Pete continued to knock on her door and ask her to let him in but nothing changed. Mara just silently prayed as Ryan looked at her.

After awhile Pete gave up and left Mara’s room and headed toward his own on the opposite end of the house. Mara counted a full 8 minutes before she was entirely sure Pete left. She said the final thanks before closing her eyes and trying to relax.

”Mara?” Ryan asked her after awhile of silence. She turned her head and looked at him letting her eyes open so that she could see half of his face.

“Yeah?” She replied, her voice soft and calm. He moved his gaze to her face and watched as she slowly yawned.

“Do you want to go to sleep?” he asked her.

“No, I don’t. I was just calming myself down.” She informed him. He shot her a quizzical look which meant he wanted her to elaborate. “Pete pissed me off awhile ago. He thinks there is something going on between us and he says it’s bad. There’s nothing going on between us aside from friendship, right? I told him there wasn’t and then he didn’t believe me. Then that inconsiderate jerk said that I was just going to break your heart as if I am some heartless bitch.”

Ryan let out a chuckle causing Mara to send a small glare his way.

“No, I am not laughing at you. Nothing is going on between us and you aren’t some heartless bitch. It’s just that Pete talked to me after he sent me away.” Ryan told her. She gave him a look that said to explain more. “He thinks something is going on between and he wants me to stop it. He thinks it’s so scandalous because I am 19 and you’re 17.”

“So? We’re only two years apart!” Mara said loudly.

“Yeah but you’re a minor and I am not and it’s illegal if we…you know.” Ryan said making Mara laugh at the fact that he censored his words as if she was a five year old.

“I am not five Ryan. You can say the word sex and so can I, watch. Sex. Sex. Sex.” Mara said making Ryan laugh at her straightforwardness.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, all mighty mature one.” Ryan said as he rolled his eyes. Mara smiled smugly at him, raising her said slightly so that she was sure Ryan saw it. Once she was sure he saw it, she lay back down and stared at the ceiling.

“It doesn’t really matter anyway, right?” Ryan asked.

“What?” Mara replied, her gaze never leaving the all so interesting ceiling.

“The things that Pete said”

“Oh, yeah they don’t.”

“It isn’t like we are dating or anything.”

“Yeah, we aren’t. And it isn’t like we are having sex or anything.”

“No, we aren’t having sex.”

“Yeah”

“Mara?”

“Mhmm?”

“You want to go out with me?”

Pause.

“Yeah I would love to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe. :) I love this story :D

Sorry it's kind of short but I'll make up for it in the next chapter :) I promise.

This goes out to hannah hates montana and coke-ittles INYF