Sequel: Where Did You Go?

I Am Wrecking This Evening Already and Loving Every Minute of It

Northern Downpour Sends its Love

“MARIA LAURA TERESA GOLD!” Pete yelled as soon as he entered his house.

Mara looked up from her homework as soon as she heard her whole name. She opened her bedroom door on the second floor and looked down the stairs to see Pete standing by the front door. Panic started to fill her insides before she pushed aside her doubts. They had planned today so he wouldn’t suspect a thing. Mara was in her room doing her homework and Ryan was in the basement practicing with the rest of the band.

Pete looked up and saw Mara standing at the top of the stairs staring down at him with a quizzical expression. He told her, well more of commanded, to come down right away. She quickly went down the stairs, not wanting to anger him any further.

“Yes?” she asked trying to be pleasant. Pete stayed quiet and just scanned her up and down. He was waiting for her to admit it and tell him the truth but instead she just stood there with wide eyes while waiting for him to speak.

“Do you have something to tell me?” he asked as he crossed his arms. He saw a hint of panic in her eyes that disappeared not long after.

“Uh, well I am not doing so well in math and my teacher wants me to study harder…” Mara replied unsure of herself. She wasn’t sure what he wanted because it couldn’t possibly be what she thinks it is, right?

“Maybe you should but don’t you have something else to tell me?” he said sound seriously irritated, which he was.

“Uh, I was the one who broke the vase not Brendon.”

“No, wait what? Oh, who cares? Nevermind” Pete said. He bent down and looked for something in his bag before standing up and holding the magazine in front of her face. “So can you explain this to me?”

Mara raised an eyebrow at him before glancing at the magazine. It was just one of those trashy magazines that printed out rumors about celebrities and all that. Mara rolled her eyes and crossed her arms before looking back at Pete. “It’s some trashy magazine that you bought. What’s there to explain?”

“Explain to me why they are claiming that you and Ryan are dating.” Pete said as he pointed out the picture she hadn’t noticed. She took the magazine into her hands and looked at the picture carefully. She quickly opened the magazine and scanned the pages for the article.

Fall Out Boy’s bassist, Pete Wentz, was away from home the weekend when we caught that picture. It seems that his niece, Mara Gold, is going out with the guitarist, Ryan Ross, of a band, Panic! At The Disco, he had signed to Decaydance Records recently. The two were caught in front of the grocery store holding each other’s hands and swinging them as they whispered things to each other. We’re not sure if something is going on between them but it sure looks it is. An insider did say they are going out. We wonder if Pete approves of their little romance.

She read the article over and over again until Pete sighed impatiently. Her gaze quickly moved from the magazine to Pete’s eyes. His arms were crossed and he was looking at her expectantly. Mara just stood there with her mouth opening and closing, unable to form words. And just in time, Ryan walked into the room.

“Hey Pete, welcome back,” He said smiling warmly at him. The smile soon disappeared from his face when he saw Mara’s expression and noticed all the glares Pete was sending him. “Oh sorry, interrupted something, I’ll come back later.” He said but before he could walk out Pete called him.

“No, it’s ok Ryan. This involves you too.” He said in a creepy nice way that made Mara’s skin crawl. Ryan carefully walked up to the two of them. He stood there awkwardly not knowing what was going on. “So Ryan since Mara can’t explain this to me, maybe you can.” He harshly got the magazine from Mara’s hands and gave it to Ryan. His eyes darted from word to word taking in everything the article said. As soon as he finished reading it just as many times as Mara he looked up and met Pete’s angry eyes.

They stood there speechless. They didn’t actually think he would find out. They just stood there with their mouths wide open as Pete waited for an explanation.

“So can either of you explain this?” he asked with an eyebrow raised. When neither of them answered, he smirked. “I thought so.” He pulled out something from his back pocket and handed it to Ryan. “You better start packing Ryan. Yours and the rest of your band’s flight leaves in six hours.”