Sequel: Where Did You Go?

I Am Wrecking This Evening Already and Loving Every Minute of It

You Remind Me of a Former Love

“MARA! LET ME IN!” Someone yelled while banging the door of my bedroom.

I stood up from my bed bewildered. I made my way to the door and opened it to find a sweaty Brendon. He ran inside pulling me into a hug before closing the door.

“Eww. You are all sweaty.” I whined pulling away from him.

He smiled a big goofy grin and I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Why are you sweaty?” I asked.

“Ryro and Spencer are chasing me.” Brendon whined crossing his arms and pouting like a 5 year old.

Awww…adorable.

“Is that why you are here?” I asked trying to hold back the laughter that was threatening to escape my lips.

He nodded and sat crossed leg on the floor. I sat down in front of him and rested my head in the palm of my hand. We stayed like that for a while, Brendon with crossed arms and pointing lips, and me with my head resting on my hand.

“BRENDON COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!” I heard someone yell.

Brendon perked up and quickly stood causing him to stumble and fall. I laughed out loud and helped him up.

“BRENDON WHERE ARE YOU?” someone else yelled sounding closer than the first.

Brendon looked at me with wide eyes then went to hide behind the stack of stuff toys and beanbags I had in my room.

Not such a bad place to hide actually…

I was staring at the pile where I could barely make out Brendon’s chocolate brown eyes when my door swung open revealing Spencer and Ryan.

“Where’s Brendon?” Spencer asked his eyes darting around the room.

“I don’t know” I said.

Spencer started to look around the room while Ryan stood where he was staring at me.

‘Behind the stuff toys’ I mouthed to him.

He quickly smiled and strolled over to the pile where Brendon jumped out and ran out of my room. The two boys followed him, hot on his trail. I walked out of my room and watched the scene unfold. Spencer and Ryan chased Brendon who started running in circles. I am surprised none of them noticed.

“Idiots” I heard Brent mutter.

I look to my left to see Brent looking at the same scene with disgust on his face. I rolled my eyes and went downstairs and tripped Ryan. He looked up at me his eyes watery.

“Mara how could you?” He said, feigning hurt. “Especially after you helped me betray Brendon.”

Brendon looked at me with wide eyes and looked back down at Ryan who hadn’t gotten up from the floor.

“How could you Mara? Especially after all those moments we shared…” Brendon said with fake hurt just like Ryan.

“I am sorry Brendon…I had to…Spencer threatened to hug me.” I said then pretended to break down on the stairs.

“You promised you wouldn’t tell!” Spencer said joining our little skit.

“I had to!” I retorted trying to hold in my laughter.

“You know what this means right?” Spencer and Brendon said together.

I looked up at them confused.

“RUN!” Ryan yelled only then did I realize he was finally standing up and what they had meant.

I stood up and ran away from the stairs and as far from the three boys as I could. I ran through the living room, kitchen and backyard with them still hot on my trail. I ran down to the basement which was also the media room.

“oof” came out of my mouth as I bumped into something or someone.

“Tricky! Help!” I said running behind him to use as a shield.

He looked confused and then started laughing as Spencer, Brendon and Ryan appeared. They looked around not seeing me hiding behind Patrick. I was laughing at the Spencer when Ryan snuck up behind me.

I started running around Patrick, who was no help at all.

“PATRICK!!” I yelled while running.

He was pre-occupied…laughing.

So not funny

I ran up the stairs going two at a time before running to hide in the cupboard under the stairs.

I heard footsteps fast approaching that suddenly stopped.

“Do you see her?” I heard Spencer ask.

“No” Ryan replied.

“What are you guys up to?” I heard Brent ask them.

“Looking for Mara” Spencer told him.

“Have you seen her?” Brendon asked.

“No, this is stupid.” Brent said.

Kill joy

“Why don’t you like her Brent?” Brendon asked.

“She’s a spoiled bitch.” Brent replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Ouch.

“How would you know Brent? You barely spend any time with her.” Ryan said sounding a tiny bit angry.

“Isn’t it obvious? Look at all of this!” Brent said his voice rising.

“Just because she is rich doesn’t mean she is a spoiled bitch Brent! So what if she is rich? She is pretty damn fun.” Ryan said his voice rising too.

“Whatever Ryan, anyway I am going” Brent said.

“What? Where?” Spencer asked.

“Out! Anywhere she isn’t.” Brent said.

I heard the door open then slam close. My guess is Brent just left.

Good!

“Forget about him.” Spencer said sounding like he was talking more to himself than the other two.

“Yeah, anyway, Mara!” Brendon said, yelling my name.

“How about we split up?” Spencer suggested.

Uh…

“Brendon you can go upstairs, I’ll go down and Ry you can stay here. If we don’t find her then we can look outside after.” Spencer continued.

I guess they agreed because I heard footsteps going in different directions. I didn’t dare leave my hiding place since I would easily be caught since they can come from any direction.

Its dark, kind of hot, and I am hungry.

Grr.

After hours…ok, fine minutes I heard the doorknob twisting and someone trying to open it.

It is a very hard door to open.

After some failed efforts some light actually found its way into the room.

“Hello?” Ryan’s voice filled the room.

He opened the door some more so that there would be light. I hid more into the background half-hoping he’d see me half-hoping he wouldn’t.

He stepped inside the closet and the door slowly closed behind him until it was shut close with a bang.

“Shit!” I cursed at the wind that caused the door to slam shut.

“Mara?” Ryan asked.

“Ryan?” I mocked.

“Are you here Mara?” He asked.

“No, I am not.” I said sarcastically.

I heard him chuckle and I couldn’t help but smile.

I got out my phone and let the light fill the closet.

“So, this is where you were?” He asked.

I nodded and went to the door and tried to open it. Just like I had thought, it wouldn’t open.

I groaned and hit my head on the door then slid down to the floor. Only then did Ryan notice something was wrong.

“What’s wrong Mara? How come you aren’t opening the door?” he asked.

“It won’t open” I replied my head in my hands.

“What?” Ryan asked as if he didn’t believe me.

He stepped forward and tried opening the door. When it didn’t budge he took a seat beside me.

“Why won’t it open?” he asked me.

“Cause, the wind slammed it shut and for some weird reason whenever the door gets slammed shut it automatically locks.” I said resting my head on the door.

“Oh.” He said.

He took out his cellphone and then groaned.

“What?” I asked him.

“No-“he started but I knew what he was going to say.

“Reception” we said together.

“You are in a closet, under the stairs, what can you expect?” I asked him.

He looked at me and shrugged.

Great, what the hell are we going to do?