Your brother is mean

Chapter Three.

Mrs. Jonas had agreed to let Joe and Nick stay at Norah’s house, so right now the boys were packing the stuff they would need for the next few days. Kevin walked into Nick’s room and sighed.

“I don’t get why you can’t just stay here.” He said.

“If you don’t get it, you’re a bigger idiot than I thought you were.” Nick replied.

“Nick, come on. Can’t you just try to understand?”

“Believe me, I tried. But I don’t understand, because I would never betray my brother to be with some girl.” He said.

“She’s not just some girl, Nick. She’s the girl.” Kevin said.

“No, she’s not, Kevin. You’re just blinded by the fake blonde hair and big boobs.” Nick answered. “Sooner or later, she’s going to hurt you. Her and Natalie are exactly the same.”

“Oh, come on. Don’t make this about Natalie. Sure, she made a mistake when it came to Joe, but –“

“But?” Nick interrupted. “You’re seriously going to defend her? Well, I’m not listening to this. Joe and I are leaving now. Goodbye.”

After saying this, Nick left his room and went to find Joe, who was already waiting for him downstairs. They both left the house, without looking back at their brother.

--

Norah, her brothers and Nick and Joe were sitting in the living room, trying to decide what to do.

“I think we should just watch a movie.” Norah said.

“Or, we could play truth or dare.” Nick suggested.

“No way!” Joe said. “Last time we did that, you made me run through the neighborhood naked! I was grounded for three months.”

Everyone laughed, remembering the look on Joe’s face when his mother caught him.

“Guys!” he said. “It’s wasn’t funny.”

“It was kind of funny.” Eli said.

“Whatever. We’re not playing truth or dare.” Joe said.

“I guess we’ll go with a movie then, like Norah suggested.” Jay said.

“Hold up! We’re not doing anything that Gabriella suggested.” Joe said, emphasizing Gabriella. “We’ll play truth or dare.”

Norah rolled her eyes. “We’re watching a movie.” She said, and she walked to the DVD-player and put in Pirates of the Caribbean.

“Why does she get to choose?” Joe asked Eli.

“Because I live here.” Norah said.

“So do Eli and Jay!” Joe shot back.

“Guys, come on. Let’s just watch the movie, okay?” Nick said.

“Whatever.” Joe and Norah said in unison.

--

It was the second day that Nick and Joe were at Norah’s house, and she and Joe had done nothing but fighting. Norah was in the laundry room, when Joe walked in.

“Hey, did you use my iPod?” he said, angrily, closing the door behind him.

“No! Joe! Don’t close the door!” She said, but it was too late. “JOE! You idiot!”

Joe looked at her confused. “What did I do?”

“The lock is broken. And you just closed the door.” Norah said.

“So?” Joe asked.

“So, we’re stuck here! Asshole.” Norah said, angrily.

“Well, then at least you have time to explain to me what you did to my iPod.” Joe said.

“I didn’t even touch your precious iPod, Joseph.” She replied.

“Right, it just magically broke.” Joe said, accusingly.

“There are other people in this house, Joe. MY house, in which I so kindly let you stay.”

“YOU are not letting me stay here. You’re brother is. And you just expect me to believe that you didn’t break my iPod?” Joe asked her.

“No, Joe. I don’t expect you to do anything.” Norah answered, frustrated. “I didn’t break your freaking iPod. Okay? I have one myself, with better music on it.”

“Ha!” Joe said. “How would you know what kind of music is on it, if you didn’t listen to it?”

Norah rolled her eyes, and decided to ignore him.

“Hey, Gabriella. Don’t think that you can get away with this just by ignoring me.” Joe said, grabbing her arm.

“It’s Norah.” She said, glaring at Joe. “And don’t touch me!” She was almost yelling now.

“You broke my iPod and you’re going to pay for it!” Joe yelled.

“No! I didn’t! And, no I’m not.” Norah said, through gritted teeth.

Joe stepped closer to her. “Yes, you are.” He said.

“I’m not going –“ Norah said, but she was cut of by Joe’s lips against hers. Norah was stunned. Joe Jonas was kissing her. He pushed her backwards until she was against the wall, and continued kissing her. Norah let her hands go up to his hair, and started kissing back. Pretty soon, they were in a heated make-out session.

“Norah?” Eli’s voice brought them back to reality. He knocked on the door. “Norah? Are you in there?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m here. I’m stuck.” She said. “And Joe’s here too.”

“Okay, I’ll try to find something to get you out.” Eli said. “Try not to kill each other.”

While they were waiting for Eli to open the door, neither of them spoke or dared to look at each other. As soon as the door opened, they both went their separate ways, confused by what just happened.

--

“Guys!” Norah yelled at the bottom of the staircase. “Dinner’s ready!”

As soon as the words left her mouth she heard the sounds of four boys trying to get downstairs as soon as possible.

When they were all sitting at the table, eating the dinner that Norah had prepared, Joe took it on himself to break the silence.

“This tastes like crap.” He said.

Norah was shocked. Clearly Joe had decided to ignore what happened between them earlier.

“Well, if it tastes so bad, maybe you shouldn’t eat it.” She shot back. “Make your own dinner.” She said, while taking away Joe’s plate. If Joe could forget what had happened, so could she.

Joe stared at her open-mouthed. “You’re kidding.”

“No, I’m not.” She said.

“Norah, give Joe back his food.” Eli said.

Norah didn’t respond. “Now.”

She sighed and gave Joe his plate back. Joe smirked, as if he had won the argument.

“Joe will cook tomorrow.” Eli said.

This caused everyone else to chuckle.

“What?” Joe said.

Eli smiled. “Well, if you think you’re a better cook than Norah, you should at least prove it.”

Joe glared at Norah. “I don’t think I’m a better cook than Gabriella.” He said. “I know I am.”

“Well, aren’t we full of ourselves?” Norah said.

“Guys!” Nick and Eli said at the same time.

They fell into an awkward silence.

“Well, I think dinner’s great Norah.” Jay said, trying to make conversation.

“Aww, thank you.” She said. “At least someone appreciates it.”

“Hey, hey, hey.” Nick said. “I appreciate it too!”

“Nick, stop kissing Gabriella’s ass. It’s disgusting.” Joe said.

“Guys, come on. Can’t you at least pretend to get along for two minutes?” Eli asked them.

“No.” Joe and Norah said in unison.

Eli sighed. He could tell it was going to be a long week if he had to put up with Norah and Joe bickering all the time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Have you ever noticed how sometimes something looks better in your head than it does when you've actually written it down? Like the part about Joe running through the neighborhood naked, that looked really good in my head xD. Just kidding (kind off). I actually meant that kiss. I feel like I'm totally bad at writing stuff like that.

I was going to wait to post this chapter untill tomorrow, but I was in a good mood today, so I decided to post it today.
What put me in a good mood, you ask? Well, I passed my written driver's license exam today! (I don't know if that's how you call it in English, but you get the point :P) Sorry, I just wanted to brag for a second. XD

Happy Halloween!