Sequel: Forget All You Know

The Way You Make Me Feel

Slipping Through His Fingers

Lila's P.O.V.

"Lila! Thank God you're here!" Danny yelled as soon as Tom and I walked into Dougie's flat. He stood up and ran over to me with Jazzie close behind him. As Danny hugged me, I looked over his shoulder and saw Dougie smirking at me.

"Hi, Danny," I said as I patted his back awkwardly. I caught Tom's gaze, but he just gave me a weak smile and looked down at his feet before walking over to Dougie and Harry.

"Can we talk to you for a moment?" Jazzie whispered to me before pulling me and Danny out into the hallway outside of Dougie's flat.

"What is going on with you two?" I asked as Danny looked down at his feet and played with the hem of his shirt nervously. Sometimes I wondered how I got dragged into situations like these. First, Jazzie has to tell me that she's sleeping with Danny and makes me swear that I won't tell anyone. And now, I'm sure that Danny's going to drag me into something. Sometimes I just wanted to be left alone and out of drama.

"Well, my idiotic boyfriend has something to tell you," Jazzie said as she glared at Danny. "Don't you, Dan?"

Danny didn't respond, he just kept looking down at his feet. Jazzie sighed and paced in front of me as she ran her hands through her hair. I know that this wouldn't end well. They both looked pretty stressed.

"What?" I asked as I looked at Danny, who still refused to speak.

"Dougie found my bra in Danny's bedroom and asked him whose it was," Jazzie said as she bit her lip. "And, instead of telling him that it was some random girl's bra that he picked up at the bar, Danny here told him it was..."

"Whose?" I inquired as Danny laughed nervously.

"Yours," he said sheepishly as he looked down at his feet.

"What?!" I half yelled as my eyes widened and I began pacing in front of him. "Why the hell would you say that it's mine? Now Dougie's gonna think... oh God! Way to go, Danny. Just, way to go. Fuck!"

"I only said that it was yours because you're the only one that knows about me and Jazzie," he said quietly. "I just didn't think of making someone up. I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I said, not knowing what else to say. "He's not going to tell anyone, right?"

"I made him swear that he wouldn't," Danny said.

"But knowing Dougie, everyone will know in a matter of hours," Jazzie said. "He can never keep his big mouth shut."

"What will Tom think?" I whispered more to myself than to anyone else. Danny tilted his head to the side and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as Jazzie's mouth made an 'o' shape.

"Huh?" Danny asked as I ran my hands through my hair and sat down on the floor.

"Tom's gonna hate me," I said, still more so to myself than to the other two idiots. "If he thinks that I slept with his best mate... He'll never talk to me again. I can't lose him. He's my best friend."

"Well, we'll just make sure that Dougie doesn't tell him," Jazzie sputtered out as Danny nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, I'll go tell him now," Danny said before hurrying into Dougie's flat, leaving Jazzie and I alone. I wanted to confide in her and talk about all of my issues, but part of me wondered if now would be a good time. She had a lot on her plate at the moment. I mean, she had to keep a relationship hidden from her brother, keep a fake relationship hidden from her brother, and make sure that her brother didn't spill the news about another fake relationship. Hell, my only problem was that Dougie thought I slept with Danny. Other than that, I really had nothing to go complaining about.

"Danny will fix this," Jazzie said reassuringly as she sat down next to me. "If he can screw things up, he can fix them too, right?"

"Sure," I said weakly as I looked down at my hands. Jazzie sighed and played with the hem of her shirt as she examined her shoes. "Any news about the whole Tom situation yet?"

"What do you mean?" she asked as she looked over at me.

"Well, have you, ya know, asked any of the guys yet?" I inquired quietly as realization spread across Jazzie's face.

"Oh, yeah, I have," she said. "They said they've got no clue. He hasn't told them anything about another girl, though. So, it's not like you've got competition. Plus, Harry thinks that he's got a thing for you, anyways."

"So, that means there's not a chance in Hell then, right?" I said with a half-hearted laugh, trying to make it seem as if I really didn't care.

"No, I think there's definitely a chance," Jazzie said as she pulled me into a one-armed hug.

Tom's P.O.V.

"So, what's it like living with Lila?" Harry asked as we sat on the couch, watching football. I didn't even like football. I was really only watching to try and get my mind off of Lila and Danny. I quickly learned that I couldn't, though, because when you're that concerned about something, nothing stops you from thinking about it.

"Hm?" I asked as I teared my eyes away from the TV screen. "Oh, great. It's nice to get to see Lila more often."

"She's really fit," Dougie said as he stuffed some food into his mouth. I glared at him momentarily before turning my attention back to the TV.

"She's off-limits, Dougie," I said as he snorted and filled his mouth with more food.

"You should tell Danny that," Dougie muttered. I wasn't sure if he said what I thought he said. But, nonetheless, it got me concerned. If Dougie also thought that there would be something between Danny and Lila, then that meant that I wasn't paranoid. I had to stop this before Lila fell for him.

"Dougie!" Danny yelled as he ran into the room. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Fire away, buddy," Dougie said with a slight smirk as he put his feet up on the coffee table and leaned back on the couch.

"Alone?" he asked.

"Fine," Dougie sighed reluctantly as he got up and followed Danny into the other room. As they were in the other room, I tried concentrating on the football game. My attention didn't seem to last on the game for too long, though. It always seemed to wonder to other troubling thoughts. Harry must have noticed this, because he suddenly groaned and turned towards me with a look of annoyance on his face.

"What is wrong with you?" Harry asked. "You can't even pay attention to a bloody football game."

"I dunno. I was just thinking," I said, trailing off a bit towards the end as Harry turned his attention back to the game. "Harry?"

"Yeah?" he asked as he kept his eyes glued to the TV screen.

"Do you reckon anything is going on between Lila and Danny?" I asked him. He looked at me and laughed a bit before shaking his head.

"I dunno," he said. "You live with her, don't you? I'd think if anyone would know if they were messing around, it'd be you."

>>>

"Lila?" I asked later that night once we'd gotten back to our flat. She was currently curled up on the sofa, reading a book. Her strawberry blonde hair was tied up in a messy bun and a pair of thick-rimmed reading glasses were sliding down the bridge of her nose. She was wearing her pajamas, which consisted of a pair of sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt. Her appearance made my insides warm up a bit. She just looked so comfortable, which, in a way, made me comfortable just watching her.

"Yeah?" she asked absentmindedly, not daring to tear her eyes from the page of the book she was reading.

"What do you think of Danny?" I asked tentatively. Lila's head instantly snapped up from the book as our gazes locked for what seemed to be an eternity.

"He's very nice," she said as she pushed her reading glasses up the bridge of her nose. "Why?"

"No reason," I said as I shook my head and took a seat next to Lila on the couch. "You two just seem quite close is all."

"Well, I'm closer with you than I am with Danny," Lila said as I looked down at my hands and played with the hem of my shirt. "Did Dougie say anything to you?"

"Well, obviously. I mean, we were at his house for a while earlier," I said with a light chuckle as she bit her lip and lowered her book into her lap.

"I know that," she said as she playfully rolled her eyes. "I meant, did he say anything to you that was out of the ordinary?"

"Well, he mentioned how he wants to be the first person to have more than one arse," I said as I scratched my head, reliving the memory. "But, then again, that's not out of the ordinary for Doug."

"He didn't say anything about me or Danny, then?" she asked hopefully as my insides began to churn.

"Nope," I said as I shook my head, causing Lila to sigh in relief.

"Good," she said with a bemused smile before going back to reading her book.

This meant I was right than, didn't it? It meant that there definitely was something going on between Danny and Lila that they didn't want me knowing about. And, as hurt as I was to learn that Lila had feelings for Danny and not for me, I was more hurt by the fact that Danny had let this happen. He's one of my best mates! He's like a brother to me and here he is fucking the girl that I like! But, in Danny's defense, he didn't know how I felt about Lila, so I couldn't be mad at him for that. But, I did tell him that she was off limits!

How could I have let her slip through my fingers like that?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
I'm off from school this week, so I'll be updating more often!
Thank God for President's Week!