Sequel: Forget All You Know

The Way You Make Me Feel

Interrogations

Lila's P.O.V.

Four months later...

"Boring." Click. "Boring." Click. "Boring." Click.

"Wait, wait, wait! Go back!" I exclaimed as Jazzie changed back to the previous channel on the television. "It's the guys."

"I guess this is the interview they're at right now," Jazzie said in an uninterested voice, but not daring to change the channel. I beamed at the television as I watched the boys talk about everything from the album they were currently recording to Dougie's odd infatuation with his lizard. I watched in curiosity, wondering how they could all be so calm, knowing that thousands of people all across the nation were watching them. If it were me, I'd freeze up and say something really stupid. Then my career would be over. I had a feeling that Dougie was kind of like me in that sense. Maybe that's why he refused to talk much.

"So, Tom, you're the main songwriter guy, right?" the interviewer asked as Tom nodded in agreement. "So, what's your muse? A new girlfriend, perhaps?"

Tom's eyes widened and his face instantly turned a deep red as the rest of the guys tried to contain their laughter. I noticed Harry discretely nudge Tom in the side while wearing a silly smirk. I guess I had the same reaction as Tom, because all Jazzie could do for about a minute and a half was laugh at me. You can't really blame me, though. I mean, this was McFly's first real interview since Tom and I started dating. I had a hunch that people knew about us, but I didn't expect him to be interrogated about it in a live interview.

"I dunno," Tom said with a shrug. "A lot of things are my muses."

"See, now this is why Danny and I keep our relationship hidden," Jazzie said as she pointed to the television.

"Bullshit," I said simply. "You keep it hidden because you know that Dougie would kill you if he found out. Plus, Tom and I are keeping it secret."

"Going out on dinner dates and kissing in public isn't keeping it secret, Sweetie," she said as I nodded, having to agree with her on that point.

"But, seriously, Tom, are you in a relationship? Because this picture was taken a week ago," the interviewer said as a picture of Tom and I kissing flashed up on the screen. "And I don't really think that you kiss random girls like that."

"You're right," Dougie piped up, making my eyes widen. "Tom only kisses random guys like that."

Jazzie and I laughed along with the interviewer, silently thanking Dougie for creating a distraction, even if just for a few seconds. I knew, though, that after the short laugh was done, that damn interviewer would just go back to interrogating Tom on our relationship. I didn't care if he admitted it, though. I didn't care if the whole world knew. I was perfectly happy to say that I was dating Tom Fletcher.

"Come on! Why won't you tell us? We've already got inside information," the interviewer said as Tom's face turned a deeper shade of red, causing me to giggle.

"Really? What's that?" Tom asked, obviously not believing that they knew anything. How could they? The only people that knew the "inside information" on Tom and I were Dougie, Danny, Harry, and Jazzie. And we knew that none of them spilled anything, so how could they know?

"A reliable source has told us that her name's Lila and that you two have been best friends since you were in diapers practically. Kinda like childhood sweethearts," the interviewer said as Tom grinned like a child receiving candy. "Come on, just tell us."

"Fine. We're dating, but that's all I'm gonna say on the matter," Tom said quickly as I laughed at his awkwardness. I loved how awkward Tom would get when he was nervous. I found it to be quite cute. It just showed that he cared enough to get nervous. I don't know if that made any sense, but I'll just stick with it and hope you see where I'm coming from.

>>>

"Lila?" Tom asked right after we'd gotten home from our first date. We'd gone out to dinner at a nice restaurant and then went for a stroll in the park. Tom got a bit upset when a bird crapped on his shoulder, continuously proclaiming his hatred for the species, but I eventually convinced him that it was good luck. When we got home, we changed out of our nice clothes and sat on the couch, watching a movie.

"Yeah?" I asked, keeping my eyes glued to the screen. He turned to face me with a look of hesitance on his face. It was as if he was afraid to say whatever was on his mind.

"Do you regret everything that's happened?" Tom asked me, his eyes showing a hint of insecurity and fear.

"What do you mean?" I asked, our eyes locking as I turned to face him. I suddenly found it awkward and empty sitting on the opposite end of the couch from him. I wanted to curl up in his arms and feel the warmth of his body against mine. But, for some reason, I was still sitting on the opposite end of the couch.

"Do you, you know, wish that you didn't have sex with me and then go on that date?" he asked as I smiled warmly at him.

"No. God, no," I said as I moved closer to him and took his hands in mine. "I mean, sure, getting drunk and having sex with you wasn't the ideal situation, but if that hadn't happened, who knows where we'd be right now. Tom, I really, really like you and you know that I wouldn't have gone on a date with you if I didn't. I'm happy that everything happened the way it did, because now I have something to look forward to in the future."

"So, you wouldn't mind going on another date? And maybe another one after that?" Tom asked hopefully with a shy smile playing at his lips. I grinned like a Cheshire cat as I shook my head and giggled.

"I wouldn't mind being your girlfriend either," I said as Tom put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him while placing a soft, innocent kiss on my lips.

"I guess it's settled, then," Tom said as he held my hand in his and laced our fingers together.


>>>

A few hours after the interview ended, I heard the front door to my flat open. I grinned and got up from the couch, leaving Jazzie alone to watch the television. When I saw Tom, I instantly ran up to him and gave him a kiss while wrapping my legs around his torso.

"I take it you missed me?" he asked before placing another kiss on my lips. I ran my fingers through his messy blonde hair as he deepened the kiss, making my insides melt. Just being with Tom was like pure bliss for me. He was the missing piece of my heart that I'd been searching for since I was thirteen years old. I just didn't realize that he was there the whole time.

"Very much so," I mumbled against his lips as his tongue grazed my lower lip. Our tongues danced together as my legs wrapped around his waist tighter, bringing our bodies as close as they could be.

"Jesus, all he has to do is walk in the door and you pounce and start snogging him to death," Jazzie said in astonishment, completely ruining our moment. I quickly broke away from Tom and let my feet back on the ground again as he wrapped his arm around my waist and swiftly pecked my cheek.

"I like it," he said while looking at me lovingly.

"Well, of course you would," Jazzie said as she made her way towards the door. "I'm out. I've got a date to get ready for."

"Bye," I said and then turning back to Tom after the door closed behind Jazzie. "I saw your interview today."

"Oh? What'd you think?" he asked as he walked into the kitchen and grabbed himself a beer. I followed behind him with the cutest smile I could muster and sat on the countertop, letting my legs dangle freely over the edge.

"It was really in-depth," I said sarcastically as he smiled at me, showing off his single dimple. "That part about Dougie wanting to bum his lizard was mind-blowing."

"I figured it would be," Tom said as he walked over to me and placed his hands on my knees. "And what'd you think of the part about us?"

"I was okay with it," I said while wrapping my arms around his neck. "I'm fine with people knowing about us."

"I think I'm fine with people knowing that I love you, too," Tom added as I froze.

"You've never said that before," I said, my eyes wide in shock. In the pit of my stomach I got a weird feeling that I came to conclude was good. It was that same type of anxious feeling that you get when a plane is about to take flight. And you know that all you keep thinking about is how you want to get to your destination so badly, but you still have that small fear that the plane will crash and burn.

"I know, but I've been thinking it for years," Tom said seriously, not daring to look away from my eyes. "I'm in love with you, Lila, but I'm not expecting you to say it back."

"Can I say that you're making me fall in love with you?" I asked hopefully.

"You can say whatever you'd like, love," Tom said before grinning and placing a single kiss on my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments???
I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter. I dunno, it's kinda bleh in my opinion. But, it gets much better! I've already got the whole ending worked out and even a sequel!