Sequel: Forget All You Know

The Way You Make Me Feel

Ice Skating and Fights

Tom's P.O.V.

Ice Skating:
To skate on ice...

No, I think they mean to fall on ice.


Jazzie had made the terrible suggestion of us all going ice skating. At the time, we all thought that it was a good idea. Well, except for the fact that Jazzie, Danny, and Dougie would all be on one rink together. But, Lila and I were sure that it would be okay. What we didn't think about was the pain that we'd have to endure because of ice skating. Oh yes, we'd each fallen about ten times in the past hour, making us realize just how uncoordinated we really were.

"My bum is killing me," Lila groaned as I helped her up after she'd fallen. "Remind me to kill Jazzie once I get feeling back in my legs."

"At least there's no one here to bang into," I pointed out as Lila grabbed onto my arm to steady herself from falling again. Jazzie had decided that we should go at midnight, that way we could have our privacy. The thought was good, but after skating for a little bit, we were all exhausted.

"I'm still gonna kill her," Lila said as her shaky legs pushed her towards the wall of the ice skating rink.

"You might not have to if Dougie picks up on how close Danny and her are," I said while glancing towards my friends. Jazzie was holding onto Danny's arm and laughing as they began to lose their balance.

"Eh, I think that Doug's too distracted by his girl of the week," Lila said. Since Dougie and his previous girlfriend broke up, he's been jumping from girl to girl, not wanting a committed relationship. I'm not even sure if I knew this one's name. I think it was Jackie, but I could be wrong. I mean, she didn't really talk to us. She was too enthralled with the idea of going on a date with the Dougie Poynter to notice the other three losers of McFly.

Thankfully, Harry's love life was more intact than Dougie's. He was still with Kate. I was happy about that, because I liked Kate. She was fun and good for Harry. Lila liked her, too. They didn't spend much time together at first, but lately they'd been going out more and becoming closer friends.

Lila began to skate away from me while I stared at her with a dreamy smile on my face. The tips of her bangs were showing from underneath her hat and the tip of her nose had turned a bright red color due to the bitter cold air. She just looked so cute.

"Oi! Paterson!" I called out as she turned on her skates to see me. But, as she did so, she went flying backwards onto her bum. I laughed quietly before skating over to her to see if she was alright. When I got to her, though, I slipped and fell beside her.

"You okay?" she asked through her laughs as I glared at her.

"Yeah," I grumbled. "You?"

"Fantastic," she said with a smile as I helped her up. I raised an eyebrow at her as she continued to smile widely at me.

"You just fell," I said to her. "How can you be fantastic?"

"You're here," she said cutely. I grinned down at her as I took her hands in mine, instantly warming up. You know when you have that feeling that tells you that everything is perfect? Well, that's how I was feeling. Six months of dating, and Lila and I rarely fought. We argued, of course, but it usually blew over in a matter of minutes. And even those didn't happen too often.

"You're so cheesy, Rudolph," I said, pointing out the redness of her nose.

"But, you love that," she said as I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her sweetly. Once I broke away, I held onto Lila's hands and laced our fingers together.

"I do," I said as she smiled at me. "Do you wanna take a break from skating and get some hot chocolate?"

"God, yes," she said as we began skating towards the gate of the rink hand in hand.

The next day...

The next day, Lila and I were watching television, sore from the numerous falls we took the night before. She was sitting in between my legs, her back against my stomach while her head rested on my chest. My arms were wrapped around her waist and her hands were placed on top of mine, playing with my fingers. It was a very comfortable position and part of me didn't want to ever move.

"I'm not here!" Danny exclaimed suddenly as he bolted into our flat and made his way towards my bedroom. Lila and I looked at each other in confusion as we sat up, wondering what Danny was talking about. Just as I was about to go follow him, though, Dougie came running in with a scared-looking Jazzie behind him.

"Did Danny come in here?!" Dougie yelled as Jazzie covered her face in her hands and began pacing back and forth. I didn't know what to do. I had a hunch as to why Dougie wanted to find Danny, but I hoped I was wrong.

"Why?" Lila asked as Dougie came over with a newspaper in hand. He dropped it into her lap and stood there with his arms folded over his chest. I looked over Lila's shoulder at the newspaper and on the cover was a title that said "Danny's New Girl". Underneath the caption was a picture that didn't shock me in the slightest: Jazzie and Danny kissing at the ice skating rink.

"I found that this morning," Dougie said in annoyance.

"Aw, we look cute, Tom," Lila said as she pointed to the picture of us that was underneath the picture of Jazzie and Danny. I smiled at the picture while part of me wanted to cut it out and keep if for myself.

"Oh, yeah, we do," I said as I kissed her cheek.

"I'm not talking about you two! Look at the picture above it!" Dougie yelled as my eyes travelled to the picture of Danny and Jazzie again.

"So?" I asked as Dougie glared at me.

"So? Did you know about this?" he asked in annoyance as I glanced over his shoulder to see Jazzie nodding her head in shame.

"Sort of," Lila said awkwardly as I glanced over at her.

"How about you, Tom?" he asked as Lila looked at me.

"Yeah," I said. Dougie's eyes showed nothing but anger as looked at Jazzie.

"Danny! I know you're here! Come out now!" Dougie yelled as he began searching my flat.

"Hey, Doug," Danny said timidly as he walked out of my bedroom with a scared look on his face. Dougie began advancing towards Danny as if he was about to hit him, so I grabbed his arms quickly and held him back.

"I'm going to kill you, Danny!" he said as he tried to get out of my grip.

"Wait! Let me just explain first," Jazzie said quickly as she stepped in between Dougie and Danny. I let go of Dougie's arms and he instantly crossed them over his chest, ready to hear their excuse.

"Fine."

"I understand that you're upset, Doug, but I love Danny," Jazzie said as Lila 'aw'ed beside me. Dougie shot her an annoyed look, so she instantly fell quiet. "And you can't be that upset, because you'd approve of Danny for any other girl."

"I really do love her," Danny said, almost pleading to stay with Jazzie. Lila 'aw'ed again, making me frown. I told her that I loved her, but she didn't 'aw' like that! She didn't even say it back!

"Why didn't you just tell me?" he asked as I looked at Lila awkwardly, wondering why we didn't leave by then.

"Because we knew you'd react like this," Danny piped up as Dougie shot him a silencing glare.

"How long have you been dating?" he inquired. "A month? Two months?"

"A year," Jazzie said as Dougie's eyes widened.

"And a few months," Danny added as Dougie began advancing towards him again, so I took the opportunity to hold him back before Danny died.

"Then why the hell did you have sex with Lila?!" Dougie yelled as I looked at Lila, who had frozen up, not wanting to take a part in this scene.

"Well - " Danny began, only to be cut off by Dougie, who now directed his attention towards Lila.

"I cannot believe that you would actually do that. How can you live with yourself, knowing that you had sex with your best friend's boyfriend? My little sister's boyfriend? I thought that you weren't like that, Lila. But, apparently I was wrong," Dougie said harshly as I felt my insides boil. I knew that Dougie was just upset, and he didn't fully understand what happened, but I still couldn't help but feel a little protective of Lila. I mean, she was my girlfriend after all. I have every right to stand up for her.

"Dougie," I said warningly as I stepped in between him and Lila. "Let them explain before you insult my girlfriend."

"Mate, the bra that you found in my bedroom was Jazzie's," Danny said as Dougie rubbed his face with his hands and sighed. "I would've told you the truth, I swear. It's just, I was afraid that you'd react the way that you're reacting now."

"Come on," Lila whispered to me as she gently wrapped her hand around mine. "I think they need to settle this themselves."

"But what if Dougie starts going crazy again?" I inquired as Lila began pushing me towards the door of our flat.

"He won't."

"I can't believe I'm getting kicked out of my own house," I said as Lila smiled at me and began leading me down the street. "Where are we going, anyways?"

"I'm not sure," Lila said. "I figured we could just walk and see where we end up."

"Great," I said with a frown. "So, we're going nowhere."