Sequel: Forget All You Know

The Way You Make Me Feel

Old and Lonely

Tom's P.O.V.

"Got the camera?" Lila muttered quietly as we stood in front of the door to Harry's flat, our hands clasped tightly together. I nodded my head, sending her a small smirk while I toyed with the engagement ring on her finger. She quickly went up on her tiptoes and gave me a swift kiss on my cheek. Lila had once told me that she only did that when she couldn't resist my "cute boyish charm". I didn't mind, of course. If that had won her over, I've got nothing to complain about.

"You're back!" Jazzie yelled with excitement once she opened the door, immediately flinging her arms around Lila. I was about to walk past them, but the next thing I knew, Jazzie had nearly tackled me to the ground with a hug similar to the one that Lila had just received.

"Nice to see you, too, Jazz," I said as I patted her back awkwardly. She quickly let go of me and led us into Harry's flat with excitement. She was glowing as she ranted about how much she missed us and how it hadn't been the same over the week that we were gone.

"Hey!" Kate said almost as excitedly as Jazzie had as she engulfed Lila in a hug. Everyone was there. Well, by everyone, I mean Harry, Danny, Dougie, Kate, and Jazzie. We all reunited with one another as if we had been parted for several years, when in actuality it was only a week.

"So, how was Rome?" Harry asked as Lila looked up at me with a small smile.

"Amazing!" she gushed as I took the camera out of my pocket. "The proposal could've been better, though."

Everyone looked at each other with confusion as I snapped a picture of their reactions. It took a few seconds until Kate finally realized what we were getting at. Her dark eyes widened and her jaw hung open as a smile began to grace her features.

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?" she asked curiously as Lila held up her hand, showing off the sparkling diamond that adorned her finger.

"You are all looking at the future Mrs. Fletcher," she said proudly as realization spread across all of their faces, causing me to take another picture. Danny, though, still didn't pick up on what we were trying to say. I couldn't really say that I was shocked. He'd never been the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.

"I'm confused," Danny said as he scratched his head, causing Jazzie to roll her eyes at him.

"They're getting married, you idiot," she said as Danny's smile grew and he quickly pulled Lila into a hug, picking her up off the ground in the process. Lila giggled as Danny squeezed her tightly, and I couldn't help but notice her eyes flash in my direction for a quick second.

"I'm so happy for you, Li," Danny said once he let go of her. "Not for Tom, though. He doesn't really deserve it."

"Cheers," I said sarcastically as Lila wrapped her arms around my stomach.

"I'm gonna go call my dad and tell him!" Lila suddenly said as she grabbed her mobile and ran into the other room. As soon as the door closed behind her, I got numerous smirks from my friends.

"What?"

"I can't believe you proposed," Dougie said in an almost disappointed voice. "I had faith that you'd stay strong, man."

"Proposing to the girl that he loves isn't a bad thing, Dougie," Jazzie shot before turning her attention back to me. "How'd you propose?"

"Like any other person proposes," I said awkwardly as I scratched the back of my neck. "You know, the whole 'down on one knee, will you marry me' type thing."

"Well, what was the scenery like? Was it romantic? Please say it was romantic," Kate said quickly as I began blushing a deep shade of red. I noticed Dougie and Danny laughing at my awkwardness while Harry simply shook his head at me in pity.

"Guys, you can ask Lila this. Tom obviously feels a bit awkward at the moment," Harry said as I shot him a look of annoyance.

"I don't feel awkward about it! I just don't like being interrogated," I said as Lila walked back into the room. I beamed at her as she shoved her mobile into her pocket and gave me a half-hearted smile.

"Voicemail," she said simply. "I'll call him later."

"How'd Tom propose?" Jazzie asked quickly. The way that she said it made me almost think that she forgot I was in the room. It was that same type of voice that girls get at slumber parties. You know, the giggly high-pitched voice that makes most guys cringe.

"It was very romantic," Lila replied as she glanced over at me with a soft smile.

"Can we not talk about this now?" I groaned as Jazzie and Kate glared at me.

"Fine," Kate said as she grabbed onto Lila's arm. "We'll go out to lunch and talk about it."

"Oh! Yeah, that sounds like fun!" Jazzie said giddily as I rolled my eyes.

"I guess I'm going out to lunch," Lila said before pecking my lips. "I'll see you in a little bit."

"Bye," I said with a smile as Jazzie and Kate practically dragged Lila out of Harry's flat. As the door shut behind them, I saw Danny's happy face turn to one of annoyance.

"Mate, I hate you so much," he said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Why do you hate Tom?" Harry asked as Danny rolled his eyes and groaned.

"Now Jazzie's gonna expect me to propose," he said.

"That's ridiculous," I said with a wave of my hand. "Jazzie's not gonna expect you to propose."

"Yeah, she is. Have you just met Jazzie?" Dougie said. "Now that both Kate and Lila are engaged, she's gonna feel lonely and miserable. Even though she has Danny, she's going to eat her feelings to try and fill that empty hole in her heart. Not to mention, she's gonna be paranoid and think that she'll never get married and just be some creepy old cat lady for the rest of her life."

"I think that's a bit far-fetched," I stated as Dougie shrugged.

Lila's P.O.V.

"I'm never gonna get married!" Jazzie sobbed as we all sat in a booth, waiting for our food to arrive. After I told the story of how Tom proposed to me, Jazzie burst into tears. I don't know why, but for some reason she thinks that she's going to be lonely forever.

"That's not true, Jazz," Kate cooed as she rubbed Jazzie's back soothingly.

"Y-yes it is! I'm n-never gonna get m-married! I'll be l-lonely and miserable forev-ver. Watch m-me end up w-with t-ten cats! And I h-hate cats," Jazzie sobbed as Kate looked at me with a look of distress.

"No, you're not lonely and miserable now! You have Danny," I pointed out as Jazzie looked up at me with red, puffy eyes. I suddenly felt a wave of regret wash over me as I wondered whether that was the best time to tell my friends about my engagement. I mean, Jazzie had a tendency of getting very emotional.

"But he's never going to propose!" she cried as she buried her face in her hands and began crying again.

"Maybe he's just not ready. Marriage is a huge commitment, after all."

"But Tom and Harry p-proposed to y-you guys!" Jazzie sobbed.

"Yeah, but Harry and Kate have been dating for way longer than you and Danny have. And Tom and I have known each other for our entire lives," I retorted. "I mean, Tom said that he knew when we were kids that he was going to marry me, no matter what it took. He even picked out the ring just a couple of days after we started dating. And he told me a few months after our first date that he was going to marry me. He was quite blunt about it, actually."

"I don't think that was the best thing to say," Kate muttered to me as Jazzie began crying harder. I guess I was so caught up in my thoughts of our relationship and how much Tom truly did love me, that I didn't realize that maybe what I was saying would make Jazzie feel worse.

"And that goes to show you that Tom is just a freak," I said awkwardly as Jazzie looked up at me with confusion in her eyes. "You don't wanna go marrying someone like that."

"What? You mean someone who loves me more than life itself?" Jazzie said dully as I blushed and bit my lip.

"Don't listen to Lila," Kate said to Jazzie. "Danny loves you. He really does. Obviously he's just not ready for marriage yet. That doesn't mean that it's never going to happen, though."

"Maybe I'll offer him an ultimatum!" Jazzie suggested. "Marriage proposal or no sex."

"Don't do that," a voice said from the booth behind us. "That'll just make him bitter."

"Austin?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took a while to update! My life's been a bit hectic lately. More updates will come soon, though.
:)