Sequel: Forget All You Know

The Way You Make Me Feel

New York, England?

Lila's P.O.V.

"Austin?" I asked, shocked to see my ex-boyfriend standing before me. I shouldn't have been as shocked as I was, though. It's not as if Austin dropped off the face of the Earth the second I broke up with him. I guess it was just my luck that I run into him just a few days after I get engaged.

"Oh, hey, Lila," Austin said casually as I blushed and sunk down in my seat, wishing that I could disappear. "It's been a while."

"Yeah," I said quietly as Kate looked at Austin with dislike. Jazzie, on the other hand, was still crying softly to herself, wondering why she wasn't engaged.

"What have you been up to?" he asked awkwardly.

"Oh, just the same old stuff. I finally ended my internship, so I've gotta get an actual paying job now," I said as Austin nodded and shifted his gaze around the restaurant.

"That's cool," Austin said in an uninterested tone with a slight sigh escaping his perfectly shaped lips. "Hey, do you wanna maybe go out to lunch sometime? Just to catch up on things?"

"Well, I dunno," I said in an indeterminate voice. "I've been really busy lately."

"Come on," Austin said, trying to evoke an answer from me. "For old time's sake?"

"She's engaged," Kate interjected quickly as Austin's eyebrows rose and he looked at me skeptically. I kicked Kate from underneath the table out of aggravation as I blushed and scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.

"To Fletcher?" he inquired as I nodded silently. "Oh, well, um, congratulations. I'm really happy for you two."

"You don't sound happy," Jazzie said, finally breaking her silence.

"Well, I'm a bit jealous now, but I'll be happy later," he replied, sending an almost agitated look in Jazzie's direction. "Come on, Li, what do you say to lunch?"

"Alright," I said reluctantly. "How about next Thursday at one? We'll meet here."

"Sounds perfect."

>>>

"You're an idiot," Jazzie said as we were walking home from the restaurant. It's not like I wanted to go out with Austin. I just felt like I was under so much pressure to say 'yes'. Plus, he knows I'm engaged, so it's not like he's going to try and pull any moves or anything. It'd strictly be a lunch to catch up on what we'd been doing for the last year. That's it.

"I know," I groaned. "Don't remind me."

"Are you going to tell Tom?" Kate asked as I looked down at my feet, not even thinking about how Tom would react to me going to lunch with Austin.

"Yeah," I said with a shrug. "Why not? I mean, he has a right to know."

"True, but - " Kate began, but was cut off by my mobile ringing. I quickly apologized and answered my phone, praying to God that it wasn't Austin.

"Hello?"

"Lila! Darling, it's me, Adeline. I've got the best news for you!"

Tom's P.O.V.

"Tom!" I heard Lila yell as she quickly scurried into our flat. I stood up from the couch I was sitting on and was instantly knocked back down onto it from a hug. Lila then quickly planted a kiss on my lips before sitting up and bracing herself for the story she was about to tell.

"Why are you so excited?" I asked as Lila grinned at me.

"You know my old boss, Adeline?" she asked as I nodded. "Well, she called me up today and said that she recommended me for two different jobs!"

"No way!" I said excitedly as I hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek. "I'm so happy for you, Li! So, does this mean that you just have to choose which one?"

"Yeah, basically. Well, that is if they both decide to offer me the job," she said. "I mean, you should hear about the one in New York! It's incredible..."

I didn't hear the rest of what she said. My mind completely turned off when she said New York. I couldn't leave the band to go live in New York with her. I mean, under any other circumstance I would. But, not only would that be affecting me, but it would affect the guys and all of our devoted fans. I couldn't leave England. And I couldn't leave Lila either.

"New York?" I asked weakly as Lila nodded. "Is there a New York in England that I don't know about?"

"No, just in America," Lila said, not picking up on the fact that my heart was being torn apart with every word that she spoke.

"Where's the other job?" I asked, my voice still weak.

"Here in London," she said simply as she gave me a cute smile. "I like the one in New York a lot better, though. It's better pay, and it's way more credible than the one in London. I mean, they're both amazing, but New York is, like, a huge city for fashion. There are so many different things that could inspire me there!"

"Well, if you took the job in New York, what would happen to us?" I asked as she frowned and moved closer to me.

"I reckon we could work it out."

"How?" I asked in disbelief. "You would be an entire ocean away!"

"Tom, I love you," she began. "Even if you were a thousand oceans away from me, I'd still want to make it work, because I care about you more than I've ever cared about anyone before in my life."

"So, then what happens when we get married? When we start a family, what are we gonna do then? Our kids are gonna have their parents on two separate continents?"

"I don't think we should be talking about this now," Lila said as she wrapped her arms around my torso. "We don't even know if I have the job yet."

"Right," I said quietly as I kissed the top of her head. "I love you, Li."

I think that Lila picked up on the tone of my voice. The tone that was almost begging for her to believe me. It was as if a part of me didn't believe that she knew how much I really loved her. Maybe that's why I always felt the need to remind her of that.

"I know," she said with a smile before kissing my lips lightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Conflict arises!!!!
There are 3 more chapters of this story! And if you guys want, I'll make a sequel. I've already got one planned out in my mind, so if you want me to write it, then I will.