Status: I don't think I'm updating this anymore.

24&29

WAY

Hey, I’m Michael Way, but call me Mikey please. I’ve been called Mikey, like, ever since the start of time. I enjoy listening to music. Like, ever heard of Anthrax? They’re my favorite band. They’re amazing. You should definitely give them a shot. You won’t be disappointed. I play bass, too. Uh, there’s nothing, like, especially special about me, to be quite honest. Like, my birthday’s on the tenth of September, which is a nice round number. Ten, I mean. Not September. However my birthday in numerical form is 9/10, and that’s, like, quite cool, too. All right, I have, like, absolutely zero things to say about myself now.
Oh. I have, like, a very close relationship with my brother, Gerard. The Ways are a very close-knit family. I hope to study medicine one day, because I want to save lives, you know? That would be really cool. Like, I’d be, like, this superhero or something. I’d be, like, Batman, lol. With a stethoscope.


“Gerard!” I called, waving my right arm in the air.

I saw his head whip around. He craned his neck, searching the crowd for me. He finally found me. His face brightened. “Mikey!” he screamed.

I picked up pace and he ran in my direction. He engulfed me in a hug and I was sent basically suffocating. “I really like seeing you again, Gee, and I quite like St. Dom’s so far, so…” I coughed. “I’d appreciate it if you didn’t try to kill me on my first day of school.”

He chuckled. “You haven’t changed,” he observed. He ruffled my hair and carried my single duffle bag for me. “So how are you, Mikes?” he asked.

“I’m, uh, doing just fine. I’m shocked I actually got in, y’know?” I said honestly. Hey, I really was genuinely surprised. I mean… the entrance exam could have been a notch easier.

Gerard chuckled. “You’re not alone. I’m amazed, too; don’t worry.” I playfully hit him on the shoulder. “Well, you’re pretty smart, aren’t you?”

“Wow, Gee. I appreciate the support.” I said sarcastically.

“Just kidding, Michael. So the essay questions – here, follow me – were pretty killer, weren’t they? Did you try to sound like all smartass?” Gerard asked. I followed him everywhere he went. St. Dom’s was a pretty huge-ass school.

The memory of my essay paper – with the fancy St. Dominic’s Academy logo on the top left corner – suddenly flashed in my mind. I tried to recall what I answered for the ‘Describe yourself.’ item. Suddenly the image of my scratchy penmanship on the pristine paper came to my memory. I remembered how I rambled on and on about how I thought my birth date was the most glorious thing in my life. I remembered how I actually suggested these old professors and whatnot to try and listen to Anthrax. I remembered my excessive use of the word ‘like’ and how I accidentally slipped an LOL in the essay (erasures weren’t allowed). That was how badly I messed up. There I was trying to secure a spot for myself in St. Dom’s, yet instead of sounding smart and sophisticated and rich, I managed to talk about Doctor Batman.

Wow, I was so promising.

“Hello?” Gerard waved a hand in front of my face. “Mikes, I know you’re weird, but you can save the weirdness for your roommate, all right? Like, don’t go weird on me.”

“Oh, oh, sorry, Gee.” I was brought back to Earth. “I was just thinking about my, uh, epic failure. I’ll stop being weird now.”

Gerard looked at me like my attention was the most fragile thing in the world. “Right, so, we’re in Ledger Block now. According to your paper” – Gerard took a neatly folded piece of paper from his pocket and carefully unfolded it (he has this really bad case of OCD; you should see his paintings – so organized, so minimalist!) – “this is your block. You just go right in, show this paper to the receptionist.” He handed me the paper. “She’ll give you a key to your room.” He looked at his watch. “I’ve got to go now, Mikes.” He gave me my bag and he engulfed me in a warm hug. “I missed you, Michael.”

I smiled. “I missed you, too, Gerard.” He smirked a little bit and he strode off.

“Don’t forget to pick up your uniforms at the Sewing Center down at McKinley Place at lunch time, all right?” Gerard called, walking away, but looking over his shoulder. He flashed me one last smile and then he vanished into the thick mass of what looked like vicious young men.

I sighed, agitated. How the hell did that disturbed asshole think I’m going to know where McKinley Place was? I couldn’t even find the stupid fucking receptionist lady.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope I started off well.
Next chapter is Frank's intro. (:

Tell me what you think though.