Status: I don't think I'm updating this anymore.

24&29

WAY

I jolted awake, ruffling my bed sheets. I looked to the right and found Frank asleep. Scenes of the happenings last night zoomed through my head and a couple seconds later, I realized that I had fallen asleep while Frank was –

Holy shit! Frank!

I frantically stumbled out off bed, putting my hands on the floor to keep balance. “Frank!” I breathlessly exclaimed. “Frank!” I clumsily ran up the three steps to his bed and tripped into his bed.

He jolted upright, eyes wide and mouth hanging open. Shock was written all over his face. His bed sheets were instantly rumpled.

For about a minute, we just stared at each other with silence, horror distorting our features.

“I-I’m sorry!” I stuttered pathetically. “I fell asleep and –”

“I know, Mikey.”

“– I woke you up! I am so, so sorry –”

“Mikey, it’s okay. I understand you were tired –”

“I am so sincerely sorry. I swear I won’t bother you later –”

“MIKEY!” he interjected.

I quieted.

He laughed hysterically. “It’s fine, really,” he said, unable to keep from smiling. And then he yawned. “What time is it?” he asked.

I looked at the digital clock beside my bed. “Um, 7:23 AM.”

“Holy fuck!” he screamed, jumping off the bed, sending me to fall on my ass. “We’re gonna be late!”

I scoffed, watching him frantically opening the cabinet doors. “It’s the first day of school. What can we miss that’s so important?” I asked coolly, rubbing the carpet. I loved the friction it created with my hand. It made me feel so warm.

“Shit, shit, shit!” he muttered. I rolled my eyes. He wasn’t listening to me. “Which uniform looks cleaner?” He turned around and held one uniform in his left hand and another on his right hand. His face looked so dead serious and tense that I nearly literally laughed my ass off.

“Um, the one that’s blue with the school logo,” I said, scratching my chin.

He was basically just about to rip my throat off. “They’re both blue! And they both have the school logo!” he screamed.

I laid down on the floor, laughing to my heart’s content.

“Michael, you are no help,” he said, exasperated, turning back to his cabinet, sighing.

I smiled to myself and pulled myself up. I snuck behind Frank and kissed him on the cheek really quick. Just to annoy him.

And it worked.

“MICHAEL WAY!”

I gracefully opened my cabinet, grabbed a random uniform and fluidly sauntered into the bathroom, triumphantly smiling at an infuriated Frank Iero who was busy screaming profanities to the ceiling.

***

“So how was your first day so far?” I asked, setting my tray down on the table. Frank had his head buried in a book. It wasn’t too hard to look for him, to be honest. He stuck out like Green Goblin in a Spiderman convention.

His eyes quickly darted to me. He gave me a small smile, and then he diverted his attention back to his book. “Give me a second,” he muttered.

So I sat down and shoved a couple Lays chips into my mouth.

“And done,” he announced, shutting the book. I read the cover. Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King.

“Is it, uh, any good?” I asked. It was thick. Really thick.

“Yes!” he exclaimed, a passion in his eyes that I’ve never seen in the… twenty-four hours that I’ve known him. “Dude, this is Stephen fucking King. Of course it’s good.”

I nodded. “So, how’s your first day?” I asked again.

“Pretty good,” he said, stabbing his plate of salad with a fork. “I like my section. How did yours go?”

You see, St. Dom’s was rather weird. We were put in sections, selectively picked according to our grades. The teachers came to our classrooms, instead of the students going to theirs. We had the same classmates for nine periods (two periods were break times) and the same seating arrangement.

“Just fine,” I answered. My Lays was already empty. I scowled at the empty bag of chips. “What section are you in?”

“A.”

Wow.”

“Which are you in?”

“D.”

He laughed. “You need to study, Mikes.”

I smirked. “Nah. I’m not cut out to be a nerd.”

“Dude, you have, like, more comic books than sperm cells.”

I opened my mouth to reply and then snapped it shut. “You win.”

He looked thoughtful for a moment. He inspected his apple. “Tell you what, Michael Way.”

Curiosity suddenly took over my senses. “Tell me what?”

“I am going to tutor you, Michael Way. I will be the Yoda and you will be the Luke Skywalker.” He smiled proudly, slung his messenger bag over his shoulder, stood up and walked away.

I picked at the macaroni with my fork, scowling. Quite frankly, I was disappointed with Frank’s comparison. Anakin so owns Luke Skywalker any day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for updating so, so late.
And for the shitty update, too.
But I swear to God, I'll update more frequently now.
And the chapters are about to get goooood! :]

Tell me what you think.

I love every single one of you for taking time out to read this.
<3