The Day I Never Really Understood

Chapter 4

I stared into the screen of my ancient computer, wondering if the morning I had experienced was real or in fact a really freaky dream.

I snapped back to life as I heard the door open and watched as a young girl walked in alone with a huge grin on her face. But this extra big smile wasn't for me, she was just happy for some odd reason and was grinning to herself. Weird person.

I slumped back into my chair and followed this girl with my eyes as she wandered around the silent store. The door opened again, but I was too interested in watching this girl that I didn't look away until she turned and froze with he hand cupped over her mouth as she gasped in the amount of air that could probably supply a small village of highly intelligent sloths until the Christmas season, and its only October!

But I was so amazed in watching how much air could fit into her not so huge body, and thinking if the highly intelligent sloths would want to get revenge on this girl for taking away their two month supply of air, that I didn't actually see what the big deal was or if their was one. I only assumed it was just some person that she really did like or someone she really didn't like that had just entered my store.

Of course both my reasons were wrong. It was in fact a person who we both really liked. Yip you guessed it, it was none other than Chester.

He stood their with an embarrassed smile on his face, staring down at me slumped in my chair.

Before I could say anything a sound so deafening came from the girl in the store that Chester was not looking at me anymore, but at the wild female human, who was running full speed towards him.