A Beautiful Lie

Chapter One

Darcy's POV

I guess you could call me happy.I was still living with my parents and I was in pretty good relations with them.I had a really sweet boyfriend called Quinn.We'd been together for almost a year.He played in a band called The Used which had a wacko singer.I would occasionally go on tour with them if my overprotective parents allowed me to.

I was sitting in the tour bus with Quinn,Branden,Bert and Jepha.Bert would've smoked but Jepha kept taking the cig from him and threw it out the window.It was an interesting thing to watch 'cause it happened very often.
Bert just wouldn't give up.
"Why won't you let me have a damn cigarette, man?"Bert asked.He seemed annoyed.
"Well if you wanna smoke, why don't you go outside?"Jepha suggested.
Bert rolled his eyes.
"But of course",he said sarcastically and stepped outside with a cig.
"He's such a teenager",Branden joked.We laughed.
"Not funny",Bert said from outside the bus.I yawned and covered my mouth with my hand.
"You tired?"Quinn asked and looked at me with those gorgeous eyes of his.
"A bit..I stayed up almost the whole night",I replied. "But I'll be fine.." He smiled and gave me a kiss.I kissed him back.
"Get a room",Bert said as he got back inside.But it was a quick visit 'cause he was stepping outside again.
"Where you going?"Jepha asked.
"Nowhere",Bert replied and shrugged.
"You're going to see your 'friend again', right?"Branden asked with a chuckle.
"I already told you that we're not dating..we're just friends, that's all",Bert said and left before Branden could ask any further.But we knew quite a lot about him and his 'friend'.

I was taking a walk around the festival area.There I bumped into some old friends, Steph Markins and Jayna Adams.I'd known them since 3rd grade.
"Hi..How are you,Darcy?"Steph said in an enthusiastic tone.
"I'm great",I replied with a smile. "So, what are you guys doing here?"
"We came to have a good time..Jayna just had to see The Used",Steph said and looked at Jayna who nodded.
"Is that so?"I asked.But before I could say anything more, Quinn appeared.
"Here you are, babe",Quinn said smiling. "I was wondering where you'd gone." Jayna looked like she was about to faint at any second.I chuckled and turned to look at my boyfriend.
"I'd like you to meet my friends, Quinn",I said. "Here's Steph Markins and Jayna Adams..We've known each other for ages."
"Hi",he said smiling.Jayna just squeeled.Quinn chuckled and turned to me again. "Bert's gone off again..We're supposed to go on stage in an hour.."
"Oh great",I sighed. "We'll have to look for him, then..again." Quinn nodded. "Well, I'll see you around girls."
"Ok..b-bye",Jayna stuttered.
"Bye",Steph said and tried her best to calm Jayna down as she screamed in the most fangirlish way.People gave them strange looks.
Quinn and I walked around looking for the missing vocalist.We met fellow bandmembers and some others,too.
"Sonny's there..Maybe he knows",Quinn said.We walked over to Sonny Moore who was talking with Matt Good.
"Hey, Sonny",I said.He stopped talking and turned to look at us.
"Oh hi..What's up, Darcy?"he said with the famous cutie smile on his face.
"Bert's gone missing",Quinn replied.Sonny sighed and shook his head.
"That seems to happen a lot, man",Matt pointed out.
"So, you guys haven't seen him?"I asked.They shook their heads.
"Nope, sorry",Sonny said and shrugged.
"Ah ok..Thanks anyway",Quinn said smiling.
"No prob, man",Sonny said and continued his conversation with Matt.
"Where the hell is he?"Quinn wondered.He was getting annoyed already.
During our search,we saw the guys of My Chemical Romance,Taking Back Sunday and AFI but none of them had seen Bert all day.Gerard was getting worried too.