Hold the Phone to Make It Better

I’m A Vegetarian And I Ain’t ***ing Scared Of Him

*Claire’s POV*

After walking home with William, I walked into my room and shut the door as usual.

This time though, I didn’t turn on some music immediately, or pick up a book and read, or start doing my homework.

Instead, I flopped down on my bed.

Something was wrong with William today. It’s been bothering me; I have no idea why he was so sad today. He’s not usually like that, and it bothers me. I don’t want him to be sad.

Something’s very, very wrong with William. Something has changed about his life since we were last friends. Coming back to reality, I know I have to figure it out. But what could it be, and where could I start?

*William’s POV*

I get home, and I go straight to my room. I’m on time; I haven’t done anything wrong, so there should be no reason for my parents to beat me tonight. I think they’re actually leaving for a few days on a business trip anyways.

I don’t know how long I sit there thinking, but eventually I hear that call that puts me in such a good mood.

“William, we’re leaving for a few days. Just do whatever, we’ll be back whenever.” I hear my dad say.

I hear the door open and close. They leave without an “I love you” or a “Goodbye”.

As soon as I’m sure they’re gone, I call Claire’s cell phone.

“Hey, Claire, do you want to come over?”

“Sure, I don’t think my mom will mind. I’ll be over in five.”

“All right, I’ll see you.”

I hung up, and waited. When the doorbell rang, I opened the door and swept Claire into a kiss. She broke away after awhile and giggled.

“So where are your parents, William? I haven’t seen them in forever.” She looked around me, expecting to see my parents, I guess.

“Uh, they went on a business trip, so I’m home alone for a few days. Nothing big.”

She looked at me, and I knew that my eyes gave something away. I quickly tried to hide it and said, “Let’s eat, is that okay?”

Still looking at me funny, she said, “Alright, let’s. But let me cook, you don’t know how.”

I pretended to be offended, but she just laughed, and ran into the kitchen. I went after her, to find her making a vegetarian meal with some tofu.

“Where the hell did you get that tofu?” I was positive that we had no tofu; my parents didn’t support my vegetarianism. So I have tofu in my fridge upstairs, and a small grill.

“I brought it, knowing you probably didn’t have any.” She kept preparing it, using soy sauce to sauté it. She put chopped garlic on top, and put it in the oven to cook.

“Your cooking turns me on,” I laughed, playfully. She hit me with the spatula, and then squirted soy sauce on my shirt.

I was about to spray soy sauce on her too, but then she looked at me with a look that says “Don’t fuck with me.”

“William, dearest, if you squirt soy sauce on my Stone Temple Pilots concert shirt, I will have to find a new boyfriend. Not just because I will break up with you, but because I will kill you.”

She kissed me on the nose, and then continued to cook.

I rolled my eyes. Girls could be so amusing. But no way was I going to squirt soy sauce at her, I believed her when she said she’d kill me.
♠ ♠ ♠
See chapter 17's author's note about why this was re-uploaded.
Title of this chapter from Don't Trust Me by 3OH!3.
Love You All.