The Second Chance To Live

Second

New Jersey. Here we are.

I stopped a guy who was passing buy and asked him if he maybe knew the location of the street I had wrotten in my booklet. He said something about why don't I get a taxi, and I answered something about not having money for that.

"How comes that?" he asked. And I explained all about my injury and what happened when I got out of the hospital.

"I see," he said. "Look, if you aren't in a hurry, I'll pay you a taxi later. You're on my way home, anyways. But first, I have to play a gig in a club nearby. You can come and listen if you want. It's gonna be pretty crowded, though, my band's popular."

"What's your band's name? And what's your name, anyways?" I asked.

"My Chemical Romance. And my name is Frank. Frank Iero," said the guy, whose name was, apparently, Frank.

"My Chemical Romance... that sounds so familiar to me. Probably it's something from my past life. Yes, I'll be happy to listen to your band, Frank," I said.

He smiled to me. "Good, we better get going then," he spoke in his kind and nice voice. "The club is only 5 minutes away, but we're starting in... (At this point, he looked at his watch.) Oh shit, 6 minutes."

So we ran through to the club and came there in 2, not in 5 minutes. Frank said that he's going in using the staff door, but as I'm 'a friend of his', I may go through that door too and meet the others from the band.

Inside, there were 4 more guys. Frank introduced them to me, their names were Gerard, Mikey, Ray and Bobby. "No, not Bobby, Bob," said Bob. I apologized for calling him Bobby, which made the rest of the band burst into a laughter.

Then, there were 3 women standing there. One was complaining about this and that, but Frank said she was 'oh so sweet when she did that'. It was his wife, Jamia.

The other was controlling everything happening in the room. "It's Gerard's wife, Lindsay," told me Frank. "She's acting more like she was husband and Gee was wife, tough. Better not mess with her, this is a friendly advice."

The third woman seemed really kind. She was also prettiest of the three. "This is Alicia. She's Mikey's wife," said Frank. I got into talk with Alicia, but it was mostly she who was talking, because obviously, from one day since I was in this world for another time, I didn't have a lot to tell.