Status: hiatus.

Unexpected Places

Chapter One

"He loves me," I mumbled, pulling a petal off the small flower in my hand, "He loves me not. He loves me, he loves me not, he loves-"

The loud clanging school bell rang out through the school grounds and I threw the flower down on the ground and pulled myself up, swinging my bag over my shoulder. I'd skipped last class and hung out on my own round the back of the school, on the other side of the football pitch. It was now, officially, summer. 2 whole months of doing nothing, and then my final year at school. I hated school, I didn't really have any friends. I had friends out of school, but...they're different. I didn't get to see them alot of the time. They were always busy, out of town. But this summer, it would be different. I made my way out of the school gates, pulling out a cigarette and a lighter as I went. Lighting my cancer stick I stuffed the lighter back into my pocket and began the journey towards myhome place of residence. I heard girlish scream behind me. I span round and before I could say a single word...

"SUMMMMERRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

I felt my feet leave the ground as one of my best friends ran up to me, lifted me up, and span me round in a bone crushing hug.

"JON!" I exclaimed, "Dude! I missed you, now, PUT ME DOWN, BITCH!"

Jon giggled and turned around, with me still slung over his shoulders and began to run. God only knew where he was taking me. He finally put me down a few feet away from a group of giggling teenie boppers with an inch thick layer of foundation of their thin faces, and in the middle of the group...

"Ryan!" I shouted happily.

He span round, looking relieved to have an excuse to escape. He smiled broadly and ran up to me and gave me a hug before taking my cigarette out of my hand, having a drag and then throwing it down on the pavement and stamping on it.

"Don't smoke, it's bad for you."

I glared defiantly at him until I felt someone hug me from behind.

"Eeeeeee Summer!" squealed the familiar voice in my ear.

I span around and wrapped my arms around Spencer's neck. Spence was probably my best friend, he'd always been there for me and I loved him, but like a brother. I let go of Spencer and grinned. He, Jon and Ryan were all gathered around me with the same, dorky expressions of happiness etched on their faces. I giggled.

"I missed you guys," I said, looking at them.
"We missed you," smiled Ryan.
"This summer is going to be so awesome," exclaimed Spencer, "You have 2 whole months on tour with us!"
"I know, it's great," I grinned, "But..." I faltered.
"What?" frowned Jon.
"Where's Brendon?" I asked, biting down my lip ring.

The others exchanged looks. Looks that quite clearly said he didn't want to come, that he was still mad at me. I nodded.

"Ok," I said, forcing a smile onto my face.
"You alright?" asked Ryan.
"Yep, never better," I replied, cheerfully.
"Okay, we parked round the corner, we'll go straight to yours, pick up your things and then we'll get going," said Spencer, putting an arm round me.
"Okay," I smiled, "Then let's go."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is a short first chapter,
& I promise you I have more written.
I just want to see the reaction I get.
Tell me if I should continue or not.

I like comments, by the way.
Alot.
(Y)
vimto