Status: hiatus.

Unexpected Places

Chapter Ten

"William?" I asked quietly, after about 20 minutes since the lights had gone.
"Yeah?"
"What if they forgot we're in here? And our oxygen supply runs out?"

He chuckled softly.

"They haven't forgotten, don't worry," he said.

Something brushed my hand and I squealed.

"Something touched my hand!" I gasped.
"It's just me," William laughed again.
"Oh," I sighed, shuffling a little closer to him, "Sorry."

He didn't respond, but I felt something brush my hand again and William linked his fingers through mine. For some reason, my heart rate sped up.

"What time do you reckon it is?" I asked.

I felt moving next to me and suddenly a light appeared, illuminating his face.

"I'd say it was about four thirty," he replied, grinning, "We've been in here like an hour and a half."
"You've had your phone the whole time?" I asked, astonished, "You could have used it to give us some light."
"What about your phone?" he said.
"Dead," I shrugged.

William pressed a few buttons on his phone with his free hand, his other was still laced together with mine, and then he put it down in front of him so a dull light was cast around the elevator. I looked up at him. The light from the phone cast a shadow over his high cheek bones and his face was pale, his eyes standing out against his skin. I never realised before, he was sorta beautiful. He looked at me, grinning.

"What?" he smiled, "Do I have something on my face?"
"No, nothing," I mumbled looking back down.

His hand squeezed mine, and he traced patterns on my hand with his thumb, causing me to shiver.

"Are you cold?"

I hadn't realised before, but I was quite cold. I was only wearing cut offs and a t-shirt and there were goosebumps up my arm.

"Yeah," I admitted.
"Come here," he mumbled, releasing my hand.

He snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me to him, allowing me to lean against him. There was no way that he couldn't hear my heart now. It was beating fast and the sound of it filled my ears.

"You're shaking," he said.
"I'm nervous," I breathed, unaware of my trembling until now.
"Why?" he whispered, his breath hitting the back of my neck.
"I-I don't..."
"Do I make you nervous?" he asked, his lips softly brushing against my neck.
"N-no," I stammered.

I felt him grin against my neck.

"Liar," he said.

I didn't respond, my eyes closing as his lips moved, softly kissing the top of my neck.

"What about now?" he murmured, shifting a little to face me.
"M-maybe a little."

He returned his lips to my neck, pulling me fully onto his lap. I found myself sliding my arms around his neck, moving myself as close to him as possible. He brought his lips up, tracing across my jaw line, stopping just near my lips.

"And now?"

I opened my eyes slowly, William's gaze meeting my own in the dull light cast by his phone.

"Terrified," I replied, breathlessly.

He lifted a hand to my face, stroking one of his long fingers down my cheek. I was very aware that we were slowly moving closer together, our faces millimetres apart. Our lips barely touched when there was a loud crunching noise and I fell sideways, away from William. The lights suddenly flared to life and the lift began moving upwards. I scrambled to my feet shakily, brushing myself down and picking up my suitcase. William picked himself up just as the lift doors slid open. I bolted out, running straight into Spencer.

"Whoa, careful," he said, steadying me, "You okay? You look kind of flushed."
"You'd be flushed too if you'd been stuck in an elevator for over an hour and a half," said William walking out the elevator.
"Oh, so that's where you two have been," laughed Spencer, "We figured you'd killed each other."

I laughed nervously.

"Anyway, Pete said something about going out later. You guys interested?" asked Spencer.
"God, yes," I replied, running a hand through my hair.
"And Ryan wants to talk to you, Summer," added Spencer.
"Oh, sure okay," I nodded, "Which room is he in?"
"Him and I are in room 52," said Spencer.
"Okay, I'll dump my stuff in my room and then go talk to him," I nodded, "See you guys later."

I turned and walked away in search of my room, my heart still thumping wildly. I found my room, opened the door and raced inside, closing the door behind me, sliding to the floor. Had that really happened? Did I really almost...? William Beckett? No way.

Get a grip I told myself You just got carried away.

I put away my suitcase and stood up, grabbing my cigarettes and lighter at the same time. I was shaking and my body was running low on nicotine. I would have a smoke after talking to Ryan. I left my room and went to Ryan and Spencer's. It was a couple of doors down from mine. I knocked and waited for them to answer. Ryan appeared at the door seconds later, grinning.

"Hey Summer."
"What up," I mumbled walking past him into the room.
"I have news," he grinned.

I turned and looked at him.

"Which is?"
"Naomi is arriving tomorrow!"
"No way!" I exclaimed happily, "Oh my God! Yes!"
"I know," laughed Ryan, "She's so excited. She hasn't seen the guys or you for ages."
"I can't wait," I grinned, suddenly feeling much better.
"So, whilst we're staying in the hotel she's gonna share a room with you, okay?"
"Sure, it'll be fun," I nodded, "Like a slumber party."
"Great," smiled Ryan, "Just don't go corrupting the innocence of my little sister."

I snorted.

"Ryan, her innocence was corrupted a long time ago," I smirked.
"What?" he frowned.
"Hey, I'm going to go smoke on your balcony," I said changing the subject, "Just yell if you need anything."

And with that I walked over to the sliding doors on the other side of the room and stepped outside onto the balcony and slid the doors shut behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohh,
WILLIAM & SUMMER SITTING IN A TREE,
DOING THINGS THEY SHOULDN'T BE ;)

Aanywho, comments are very nice thank you :)
xo