Status: hiatus.

Unexpected Places

Chapter Thirteen

I pulled my suitcase out from under the hotel bed with shaking hands. Pete was currently sorting out a flight home for me. I'd persuaded the others that I would be fine on my own, that the tour shouldn't be interrupted by this and I would call them all as soon as possible.

I set about picking up my clothes and shoving them back into the suitcase, I'd only been in the hotel room a night so it was fairly easy. I went into the bathroom and began packing up my make up when I caught sight of myself in the mirror.

My face was pale and I had bags under my eyes. My hair hung loosely around my shoulders, my blonde roots from where the dark hair dye had grown out stood out brilliantly. I looked down, noticing for the first time how skinny I was getting. I dropped the mascara that was currently in my hand and lifted my arm up. My wrists were extremely thin and stretched across the skin were the pale, jagged scars that made me shudder each time I looked at them. I looked down at myself, sighing. I used to be pretty. I used to have a figure. I used to be happy. I blinked furiously wiping my eyes. I picked up my make up bag and continued packing my things away.

"Summer?"

I almost screamed and jumped about a foot in the air. I put a hand to my heart which was beating furiously. I turned round and saw William standing in the bathroom doorway.

"Don't creep up on me like that William," I said, letting my hand fall back to my side.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," he mumbled.
"Ever heard of knocking?" I muttered, pushing past him and making my way towards the bed with my suitcase on.

I threw my make up bag inside and zipped it up.

"Pete told us what had happened."

I stopped what I was doing, but still didn't turn to face him.

"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah," he mumbled, "Listen Summer, I'm really sorry."
"It's not your fault, William," I shrugged, "You don't have to apologise."

There was a silence before William broke it with a small laugh. Now this made me angry. I span round.

"What's so funny?" I demanded.
"Nothing," he grinned, "I just noticed, you never call me Will or Bill...always William."

I raised an eyebrow.

"So what? It's your name..."
"I know, but you're the only person I know who calls me William..."
"I don't like nicknames."
"You call Spencer, Spence. You call Naomi, Nay and you call Ryan, Ry. Oh and you call Jonathan, J-"
"I get it William," I sighed, "It's only because I've known them for so long. I've barely known you what...? A few weeks?"
"I still don't see why you don't call me Will."
"I don't see why it is a problem."
"It isn't," he shrugged.
"Then why are you making such a big deal out of it?"
"I'm not."

I shook my head and turned back to my suitcase, pulling it off the bed.

"When do you leave?"

I turned my head and glanced at William. He was suddenly sullen and serious.

"Um, first thing in the morning."
"Right," nodded William.

There was an awkward silence between us. I looked down at my hands.

"I'm gonna miss you."
"What?" I frowned, "No, you're not."
"Why wouldn't I miss you?" he demanded.
"Because, you're on tour! You'll be having far too much fun performing and then getting drunk out your mind and fucking every random groupie that comes your way to miss me," I replied, "Besides," I carried on, ignoring the idignant pout that had appeared on his perfect lips, "We haven't really been the best of friends, have we?"

I shoved my suitcase back under my bed, leaving William to think about his reply.

"Have you ever seen The Academy Is... live?" he asked, "I mean, before the tour?"
"Um, yeah," I nodded, wondering about the sudden change of subject.
"What's your favourite song?"
"Coppertone."
"Album?"
"Almost Here."
"Member?"
"Negative," I shook my head, "You guys are in fact my favourite band, all the members are adored equally."
"Even me?" grinned William.
"No, for you I made a special exception," I smirked.
"That hurts," he gasped.
"The thruth hurts."
"Take a walk with me?"
"What?"

William was seriously starting to confuse me.

"Here," he said grabbing my hoody, that was hanging over the back of a chair, and throwing it to me, "We're gonna go for a walk."
"William..."
"Let me go get my jacket," he said, "I'll be back in a minute."
He left the room, leaving me standing there a little confused.

I shrugged and pulled on my hoody and picking up my shoulder bag. I slung it over my arm just as William appeared in the doorway again, wearing his leather jacket.

"You ready?" he smiled.
"Sure."

I walked out into the hallway, letting the hotel door swing shut behind me.

****

I pulled my hoody closer around my body, shivering slightly in the cool evening air. I watched as William lit a cigarette and then offered me one. I smiled holding out my hand and taking one and the lighter from his hand. I placed the cigarette in my mouth and clicked the lighter, a flame appearing, but then being whipped away by the slight breeze that was blowing through the streets. I tried again and the same thing happened.

"Here," mumbled William, placing the tip of his own cigarette against mine, lighting it.
"Thanks," I said, taking a drag, shivering again.

William lazily slung his arm around my shoulders and began walking. I breathed in deeply, inhaling the scent radiating off his jacket. A mixture of tobacco, cologne and leather, of course. I took another drag from the cigarette in my hand, every so often glancing up at William.

"Where are we going?" I asked after a while, noticing the sun was becoming increasingly low in the sky.
"Don't know," he shrugged in reply, "Just walking."

I bit my lip and threw my now finished cigarette on the floor. William did the same. We walked on, eventually his arm slipping from my shoulders and his fingers lacing through mine.

I stopped walking, pulling my hand out of his. I was completely and utterly confused. One minute William and I hate each other and the next...

William turned and looked at me, frowning.

"What's wrong, Summer?"

I opened my mouth, but no words came out.

"Summer?"
"You're...you're going to have to explain to me what's going on, William," I managed to say.
"What do you mean?" he frowned.

I rolled my eyes and turned and began walking back in the direction we'd come.

"Summer!"

I carried on walking, ignoring him, my pace quickening.

"Summer, wait up!"

I felt William grab my wrist and pull me back.

"What-"
"I can't deal with this right now William!" I exclaimed, trying to pull myself out of his grip.

He stared at me, his eyes wide and confused. He was still holding tightly to my wrist, not letting me go.

"I don't need this, okay?" I said, still struggling against him.

He still didn't say anything, but he took hold of my other hand, keeping a firm grip on that too.

"William-" I protested.
"Don't...just don't," said William quietly.

I stopped struggling and looked up at him. I couldn't read the expression on his face. I opened my mouth slightly, trying to think of something to say.

"William, what-"

I was cut off by William's lips pressing against mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm writing again :)
yeah.

I think this is actually my first update of 2009.
*fireworks etc.*

sorry it's been so long :)
COMMENTS?
xo.