Status: hiatus.

Unexpected Places

Chapter Fourteen

It took me a second or two to register what was happening, but to my immense surprise, I found myself kissing him back. He let go of my wrists, slipping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him, my own arms snaking round his neck. He brought one hand up behind my neck, deepening the kiss. I could have happily stayed with him like that for hours but we were interrupted by the voice of Gabe Saporta.

I came here to make you dance tonight, I don't care about my guilty pleasure for you...

I pulled away reluctantly, a little breathless as I pulled my phone out of my pocket. William's hand fell from my neck, but he kept his arms wrapped loosely around my waist. I kept my eyes down as I answered my phone.

"Hello?"
"Summer, it's Spencer."
"Oh, hey, Spence..."
"Where are you?" he asked, "We've been looking for you."
"I just went out for a walk, that's all," I replied, still not looking up at William.
"Are you okay?" Spencer sounded worried.
"Yeah, yeah, honey," I said, "I'm fine."
"Good," he said, "Oh, have you seen Will? Only he's gone somewhere too."
"William?" I repeated, "Uh well, actually..."

I heard a crash and a scream coming from the other end of the line and Jon yelling something in the background.

"Ahh, Jon!" exclaimed Spencer.
"What happened?" I asked.
"Uh, nevermind, listen...I have to go," he said, "I'll see you when you get back."
He hung up.

I looked at the phone in my hand confusedly for a second before shrugging and pushing it back into my pocket.

"We should go back," I mumbled still not looking up to William's face.

I managed to free myself from him and still looking down I began to walk in the direction of the hotel.

"So what?" said William, catching up with me, "You're just gonna pretend like it never happened?"
"Like what happened?" I asked, smirking slightly.
"Oh, funny, Summer," sighed William, "Seriously..."
"William, listen to me," I muttered, still swiftly walking, "I told you the other day remember? When we were stuck in that elevator for God knows how long -"
"You're still not over Brendon," he interrupted, "I know."
"Then why-"
"Because you are over him," muttered William, "You're just scared that you're going to end up in another bad relationship, so you won't give anyone else a chance."

I didn't say anything. Mainly because I knew he was right. I tried to come up with a coherant response, something witty and cutting to show I didn't care about what he'd just said to me. But the truth is I did care and the best thing I could come up with was "your face."

William tried and failed several times on the way back to grab my attention and we were completely silent by the time we entered the hotel lobby. I saw Pete walking down the stairs and I raced over to meet him.

"Hey sugar...whoa," he laughed a little as I threw my arms around his neck.
"I'm going to miss you Peter," I mumbled into his neck.
"I'll miss you too squirt," he smiled, hugging me, "Where have you been?"
"Walking," I replied, my eyes filling up with tears.
"Hey," said Pete, letting go of me and looking me in the eyes, "Don't be upset, okay? Everything is going to be fine."

I nodded, even though I knew he couldn't know that.

"Come on, honey," he said, wrapping his arm around me, "Let's get you up to bed, you've got an early start in the morning."

I let Pete lead me upstairs, where we ran into Spencer. By this time I had tears cascading down my cheeks. I let go of Pete and clung to my best friend for dear life.

"I'll get her to bed Pete," I heard Spencer say, "Thanks man."

Spencer walked me to my room and opened the door, leading me inside. He sat me down on the bed and sat next to me, his arms still wrapped around me.

"It's going to be okay, Summer," he soothed.
"How can you know that?" I sobbed into his shoulder, "How is everything going to be okay? What am I going to do?"

Spencer sighed, holding me tightly.

"All you have to do is ask, sweetie," he said finally, "And me, or Ryan, or Naomi, or any of us will come with you."
"No, no," I sniffed, shaking my head, "Naomi has only just arrived and I am not disrupting the tour."
"Are you sure?"

I nodded.

"Where is Naomi, anyways?" I asked, wiping my eyes changing the subject.
"I think her and Ryan went to get dinner," shrugged Spencer, "You know, brother-sister time?"

I nodded again before looking at the digital clock on the bedside table.

"I'm gonna go to bed," I said quietly, "Like Pete said, I have to be up early in the morning."
"Sure, you gonna be okay?"
"I'll be fine, Spencer," I said, "Don't worry."
"Okay," he nodded, kissing my cheek, "See you in the morning."
"Night Spence."

He smiled and left the room. I sighed and quickly changed into my pyjamas and got into bed, dreading the morning and the time when I would have to leave my friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
second update in two days.

only got one comment for the last update,
I really would appreciate more :)

thanks for reading,
vimto xo.