Head Over Heels

Sleeping Beauty or Close Enough

Lark burst through the open door, Mike, Will, Chase and Maverick on his tail. Lark pounced on the man before he could reveal his hooded identity or worse, pull a weapon.
"Lark!" she cried.
"Lark! Get off, don't worry it's no intruder, it's just Dan." Laughed Chase who obviously found the whole thing quite comical.
"Oh, Dan. Hey I'm sorry." He muttered as Dan's face appeared from under the hood.
"It's okay."
"What's in the bag?" asked Delilah, still a little ticked off.
"Soccer clothes. I came from practice."
"Oh… it's still going on?"
"Yeah only for this week if we lose sectionals."
"Oh…"
"Yeah."
"Dels? Chasey?" asked a young voice, frozen with fear.
"Oh shit. It's okay Mitchie." Assured Delilah. She walked upstairs and returned with Mitchie in her arms.
"Here Del, you want me to take her? You're sick." Said Lark.
"I'm sick not pregnant." She countered.
"Why don't you two put her to bed and meet us back in the kitchen." Said Garret who had been sensationally quiet as well as Mike.
"Sure."
The couple walked upstairs.
The sound of Lark softly singing sounded like an angel humming. Chase made Delilah a cup of Chai tea and set it on a saucer. The music sadly stopped and the couple left the room. Chase turned to the stairs.
Down came Lark with Delilah clinging to his neck as she sat in his arms.
"What happened?"
"I guess my singing put her to sleep."
"What'd you sing."
"I played the River Flows In You and added my own lyrics and I guess that is very calming… or boring. Either way, where should I lay her?"
"In her bed."
"Okay."
He gently put her down and kissed her head.
He eyes fluttered open. “Your leaving?” she asked sadly.
“Yeah but don’t worry I’ll be back Monday.”
“But!”
“Baby, just close your eyes. Say goodnight it’s easier then goodbye.”
“I love you though.”
“Ha, I love you two.”
He kissed her again and closed her door quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww