Never Want to Let You Go

The Audacity

This banner is definitely one of my faves! This one had me cracking up when I first saw it! Thank you Lilsss(the dreamers disease) for this amazing banner! Isn't she beyond awesome? =)
Image

JOE’S POV

When I had snuck out with Katy at two in the morning just a mere four hours ago, I had completely forgotten that I had an early radio interview scheduled that day.

If I had remembered that, say that four hours earlier, I doubt I would’ve gone to the beach.

But it took my mom shaking me at 6:05 in the morning to realize my mistake.

“Joseph, wakkkkke up,” she groaned as she continued to shake me, her patience growing thin. It was tough waking me up when I had an adequate amount of sleep, but when I had only squeezed in about a couple of hours, it was much worse.

“Ihejjmnnff,” I grumbled incoherently, burying myself further into the bedding.

“Yes! I finally get a response,” she spoke excitedly, a smile probably growing on her face. It was always an accomplishment waking me up.

She stayed silent for a few moments and watched as I slowly fell back into dreamland.

“Joseph darling, you need to wake up,” her gentle voice brought me back to consciousness.

“I’m not feeling very well,” my tired voice croaked out.

“I know, but you still have an interview,” she replied, brushing my hair out of my face in a motherly fashion.

“Can’t I just miss it?” I asked, very little hope that she’d say yes.

“Joseph, that’s no way to treat your fans,” she told me sternly.

“But I never miss interviews, can I just this once?” I lifted my head ever so slightly to peek at her, my eyes not opening very wide due to the lamp that she had turned on when she entered the room. “I really don’t feel good.”

“Do you think that it may have something to do with sneaking out with your girlfriend at two in the morning?” She asked with a smirk.

“What?” My eyes flew wide open, but quickly shutting again at the brightness. “How did you know?”

“I’m a mother, I know everything,” she told me with a confident shrug.

Hopefully she didn’t actually know what happened at the beach, though.

“And you’re okay with it?” I returned my head back to my pillow, much preferring sleep over this conversation.

“Well, I wish you wouldn’t have snuck out, that’s really dangerous,” she told me as she took a seat on the bed. “But there’s really nothing I can do about it now. I would prefer if you didn’t do it again. Or if you do, which I hope you don’t, I want you to be careful and go somewhere safe,” she told me, her voice completely serious.

I nodded my head, slightly frightened by my mother. She was usually so motherly and gentle, but boy could she be scary at times.

She let out a heavy sigh. “I’ll let you miss the interview.”

“What?” I gasped into the white ball of fluff people usually referred to as a pillow; I was expecting rejection.

“I don’t really like the radio station you guys are supposed to be going to anyway,” she admitted with a careless shrug. “They were really rude to Kevin that one time on the phone,” she admitted. “I do expect you to be ready for the concert, though,” she finished as I smiled. My mother could be beyond awesome sometimes.

“Yes ma’am,” I nodded to her before she gave me a kiss and was out the door.

A day off from interviews? This was like ditching school without any punishment.

--

KATY’S POV

"Boo!" I heard a very familiar voice exclaim quietly. I felt very drowsy as I lifted my head to peek up at Joe.

“What are you doing here?” I croaked and looked over at the clock, realizing that he should be at an interview instead of standing in front of my bed with a grin plastered to his face.

“I told my mom that I wasn't feeling well so she let me stay,” he admitted. “Well, actually, I think she's letting me stay 'cause she knows that we snuck out last night and that I'm really tired from it. I'm surprised she isn't punishing and making me go because I snuck out,” he told me at a rapid pace. “Oh well,” he shrugged.

I blinked at him. Say what?

He chuckled. “Scoot over.”

I silently obeyed, just wanting to go back to sleep. I wasn’t good at holding information that was told to me in the morning. I definitely was not a morning person.

I turned away from him as he slid into the bed, allowing for him to wrap his arm around me and hold me tightly against him.

“So, about that offer last night...” he began as he trailed his lips along my neck.

“Huh?” I asked, slightly zoned out, I was just about to fall back into my la la land.

“The bra removal thing. We are in a private place...”

“Yeah and Rita's in the bed next to us,” I replied. “That's a little weird.”

“Sexually rejected,” he stated. “Again.

I let a small smile creep across my lips. “Just go back to sleep,” I whispered as my eyes fluttered shut. “Maybe later.”

--

A couple of hours later I awoke on my own; surprised that Joe hadn't bothered me anymore.

It took a few moments to let my eyes open and adjust to the sunlight, finally noticing Joe staring down at me in amusement.

“You snore,” he told me with a grin.

“What?” I exclaimed. “Do not...”

He chuckled. “Yeah, you do. It's cute. You also drool, but I think that's because of the sexy man lying next to you.”

I snorted in laughter with a roll of my eyes. “Whatever you say, Joseph.”

“Okay, maybe you don’t drool, but you do snore,” he admitted as he pulled me into him and held me tightly. “Although, the drooling over my sexiness thing is realistic…”

I giggled. “You are so full of yourself.”

He chuckled as he left a kiss on my forehead. “So about that bra thing…”

“Oh my gosh, you’re such a horn dog,” I gave him a playful shove.

He chuckled again. “Well it’s hard not to be when I keep picturing you in your see-through underwear!”

I buried my head into his chest as I felt my cheeks blush a dark crimson.

“Did I hear something about see-through underwear?” I heard Rita ask as she entered the room. “Sounds like I’m missing out.”

I felt Joe’s chest bounce in laughter.

“You’re not missing out on anything,” I lifted my head from his chest and reached over him for the TV remote. “We were just about to watch TV.”

“She’s a party pooper,” Joe told Rita with a shrug.

Rita chuckled. “Well, I just came to get my phone. I’ll be in the living room if you need me. Be sure to come and get me if see-through underwear comes up again, though.”

“Sure thing,” Joe replied with a wink as I rolled my eyes.

--

JOE’S POV

Katy and I erupted into yet another fit of laughter.

Reruns of America’s Funniest Home Videos never got old.

That’s all we had done so far in the day, watched AFV. And it was probably the best way to spend a day, with a beautiful girl watching AFV.

As another round of knee slapping clips rolled across the screen, I felt Katy’s phone vibrate against my leg.

She groaned as reached under the sheets to pull it out of her pocket. “How could someone have the audacity to call me in the middle of America’s Funniest Home Videos?”

I chuckled as she glanced at the caller ID to decide if it was important enough to answer during our show. It must’ve been important because her face completely fell into a look of seriousness before she scrambled up from the bed.

“I’ve gotta take this,” she told me before exiting the room quickly for more privacy.

Her complete change in mood had me concerned. Who the hell was it on the phone that changed her mood so quickly?

I started to grow worried, as the minutes ticked away on the clock, what if it was an ex-boyfriend or something? Maybe an ex-boyfriend that wanted her back? Things were going too good to have that kind of drama.

Things weren’t just going good, they were going perfect, there was no way that a lousy ex-boyfriend could get in the way.

It had to have been an ex, right? Who else could change her mood like that?

I laid back with a heavy sigh, growing even more anxious as she continued to stay in the other room talking. AFV had been completely forgotten at this point.

And as if I hadn’t of been worried enough as it was, I was even more worried when she returned with a face drenched in tears.

“What happened?” I asked quickly, my face pale and anxious as I quickly got up to pull her into a hug.

She shook her head and let out a quiet sob as the tears continued to pour.

What the hell had happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
Finallly!!! There it is! With a beautiful cliff-hanger! =) Who could have called??

Any guesses? If you guess correctly, I'll send you a virtual lollipop. =P

And just a little heads up, I will be starting a new Joe story soon. I blame Lily for spilling the beans. ;) More details coming soon!!

Thank you for reading!

And sorry about the wait...my computer got a virus, it was lame. But now it's all better!

Comments, please? =)