Never Want to Let You Go

Alive?

Lils has just spoiled me with banners! Here is yet another from her! They're all so awesome and adorable! =)
Image

JOE'S P.O.V.

“Shhh,” I murmured to her as she held onto me tightly, tears pouring at a rapid pace. “Just try to calm down and talk to me. What happened, Katy? Who was on the phone?”

She took heavy breaths to try and calm herself, stepping back from me to direct her shiny eyes into mine. “It was my mom,” she finally told me, her voice shaky.

Mom? So her mom was actually alive? I had always assumed she was dead. Katy had never said a single word about her.

“Is she hurt? Is everything okay?” I asked quickly, concerned with what could’ve possibly happened that had her so upset.

“Yeah, yeah, she’s fine,” she shook her head. “God,” she breathed. “I don’t even know where to begin,” she told me quietly as more tears streamed down her face.

“Here,” I led her to the bed. “Let’s sit down.”

She glanced over at me as we sat side-by-side, my hand holding onto hers for comfort.

“I was hoping that this would never come up,” she admitted, looking down at our interlaced fingers.

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want,” I offered, not wanting to cause her anymore pain. She was devastated.

“No, you need to know,” she replied, her voice steadier. She took a deep breath before beginning her story.

“You see, when I was nine, my parents divorced and my mom left,” she explained, my face contorting into odd expressions as I let her words sink in. “She just packed up her things and left to North Carolina. No warning whatsoever, she just left,” she told me as she stared at a spot on the ground. Even though it happened eight years previous, she was still hurt and angry by it; the wound was still raw.

“She’s kept in contact with us ever since. She calls every few months and sends us cards on our birthdays and Christmas, but we haven’t seen her in years.”

She took a deep breath, keeping her eyes focused downward. I could tell that this was hard for her to explain. It wasn’t necessarily the information that was difficult; it was the emotions that went along with the information.

“And I thought that since the tour will be going to North Carolina soon, right near where she lives, it would be a good opportunity for you to meet her and for me to get to visit her,” she paused as her voice cracked and a tear snuck down her cheek, quickly followed by more.

I remained silent as I pulled my hand from hers to wrap it around her, holding her tightly as she tried to regain her composure to finish her story.

“B-b-but,” she stuttered out, her voice sounding so hurt that it tore at my heart.

“But what?” I asked as I ran my hand up and down her arm soothingly.

“But she said that she’s too busy with work and remodeling her house, so now’s not a good time to visit,” she finally got out, barely holding it together before she broke down again. “She’s too busy working and remodeling her house to see her own daughter.”

“What?” I exclaimed, completely shocked. “Are you serious?”

She looked up at me with a frightened face, unsure if I was upset towards her or her mom.

“Your mother, the woman who carried you for nine months, said that she was too busy working and remodeling her house to see you?”

She merely nodded her head; disappointment laced in her features once she realized my anger was directed towards her mother.

“What a bitch, what a selfish, heartless bitch,” I snapped. I couldn’t believe that a mother could do that to her own daughter. And to see Katy so hurt and devastated just about killed me.

“I am so sorry,” I breathed, pulling her into my lap and holding onto her as tight as I possibly could. I just wanted to wash away all her pain; I wanted her to forget about her pathetic mother.

“How could a m-mother do that?” Her voice was filled with anger and heartbreak. “How could she move across the country and not see her kids for years? Why?” She ended in defeat.

“Shhh,” I hummed as I rocked her. “It’s okay babe, I’ll get you through this. I won’t let anything else hurt you.”

“How can she choose to be away from us?” Her crying was uncontrollable by now, her hands holding tightly around my neck in security. “That’s what hurts the most, the fact that it’s her choice.”

“I don’t know how she chooses to do that,” I whispered into her ear. “I don’t know how she can willingly be away from you. She’s stupid and pathetic. It’s her loss, not yours. She doesn’t deserve your tears.”

And that’s all that was said for twenty minutes. I just held her and listened as she cried, slowly going from heavy to soft, and finally to nonexistent.

“Are you going to be okay?” I asked, brushing my fingers through my hair as her head rested in the crook of my neck.

“I think so,” she replied as she removed her head from my neck to look up at me, her eyes tired and face saddened. “Thank you,” she added in a whisper.

“You’re welcome,” I told her softly. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay,” she replied. “It’s all part of life.”

I sent her a warming smile. “Do you want to go shopping or something, or go to the movies? To get your mind off of it?” I asked, looking down into her beautiful, blue eyes.

“No, let’s just stay here. I don’t really feel like goin’ out,” she told me as she left a kiss on my cheek. “Maybe tomorrow or another day?”

“Sounds good,” I sent her a gentle smile before leaving a kiss on her lips. “I’m gonna go call my mom real quick. She told me to call her some time during the day to assure her that we haven’t burnt down the hotel or anything.”

She chuckled. “Okay, I’m gonna get back to AFV. Gosh, I can’t believe how many clips we’ve missed because of my stupid mom.”

I smiled at her, amazed at how she could go from being so upset to content in such a short amount of time. “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” she echoed.

“Do you need anything while I’m up?” I asked.

“Nope, I think I’m good,” she sent me a smile before she crawled back on the bed.

I peeked around the corner at her as I pulled out my phone, making sure that she wasn’t paying attention to whom I was calling.

I really didn’t even need to call my mom; I had a different person in mind to call.

Someone who could come and put a smile back on her face and a laugh back in her voice.

And I knew the perfect person to call.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to apologize for taking so long to update! Last weekend I had a terrible event occur in my life and therefore had a really tough week. I was finally able to find some time and energy to update, though. And I finally resolved the cliff-hanger! I totally didn't mean to make you guys wait so long with that cliff-hanger...that was really evil...

But I do want to thank you guys for sticking around to read! This story means so much to me and I want you guys to know that if I do ever disappear for another long period of time, it's because something big and urgent has occurred. I would never just leave for a silly reason.

And this chapter is way too short to be a whole chapter so I'm making it part one of chapter 13. Part 2 should be out in a reasonable amount of time. =)

Thank you all for reading! You guys mean so much to me! Enjoy! And I'm sorry, again!