Never Want to Let You Go

Only Physically Lost

Thank you Alice(Juno) for this awesome banner! =) It's gorgeous!
Image

“How far did you guys go anyway?” Rita asked the next morning as her and I were getting ready for the day.

I had hoped that she would just forget about it and not mention anything, but of course nothing’s ever that simple.

“I already told you, I don’t want to talk about,” I snapped as I put my hair up into a ponytail.

“Oh c’mon, just tell me on a base scale,” she crossed her arms and looked over at me.

I narrowed my eyes at her. “None of your business.”

She rolled her eyes and left the bathroom, allowing for me to release an air of irritation.

It was bad enough that Joe wasn’t responding to any of my texts, now I had Rita pestering me as well.

I just wanted Joe to text me back so I knew that everything was okay. What if he was mad? What if I had pushed him too far?

“Oh my god,” I heard Rita exclaim before she returned to the bathroom, eyes wide.

“What?” I asked quickly.

She held up a small metal circle as a smirk climbed across her face. “You guys were going to go all the way, huh?”

I rolled my eyes and turned around to grab Joe’s ring from her hand.

“No, we weren’t,” I responded.

“Then why would he take his ring off?”

“To make me feel more comfortable,” I replied as I slid the ring onto one of my fingers. “I didn’t feel comfortable doing anything because of the ring so he took it off and that was that.”

“So what base?” She asked.

I ignored her as I left the bathroom. “I’m going to go find Joe, I need to give him back his ring.”

“You better hurry, they’re leaving soon for an interview,” she replied as I made my way out of the room. “And you’re telling me what base later!” I heard her holler as the door closed behind me.

This was going to be awkward. We hadn’t had the chance to talk about what had happened. And it didn’t help that I thought Joe was mad at me.

I watched as a group of security guards and Jonai left a room just a few doors down. As much as I didn’t want to face Joe and the inevitable awkwardness, I had to. If not, it would be bothering me all day.

“Joe!” I called to the group, hurrying towards them.

He turned around and looked at me, a weird look on his face. It was a mix of dread, disappointment, and possibly anger. I was too nervous to fully interpret each expression, though.

He slowed down from the group and let me catch up with him.

“Look, I can’t talk right now, I gotta get to an interview,” his voice was emotionless as he looked down the hall, not daring to look me in the eye as we walked side-by-side.

“I know, I just wan-“ I began, but was cut off.

“I’ll see you later, I really gotta go,” he glanced at me before hurrying back to the group and into an open elevator.

I sighed as I watched the elevator doors close. “I know, I just wanted to give you your ring,” I mumbled to myself, the ring feeling heavy on my finger.

Speculations were never good when the boys didn’t have their rings on.

--

“What’s wrong?” My dad asked as we strolled down a street in whatever town that evening’s concert was at. After not being about to talk to Joe or at least give him his ring, I didn’t bother to find out what town we were in. We’d probably be in a new one the next day anyway.

“You seem bummed,” he added after I didn’t answer his initial question.

I shrugged my shoulders. It would’ve been nice to talk to my dad about what was bothering me, but it wasn’t exactly a father/daughter type conversation.

Yeah dad, Joe and I were doing naughty things in my hotel room last night and now he won’t talk to me.

It didn’t seem like that conversation would go very well.

“I feel like Joe’s avoiding me, that’s all,” I did, however, admit. There were a few details that I could give out.

He glanced at me for a moment, a look of thought on his face. “Talk to him about it. Find out what’s wrong,” he told me.

“I tried to this morning, but he had to hurry off to an interview,” I stated gloomily. “So I didn’t get to talk to him.”

“Talk to him later then,” he replied. “And until then stop being bummed out about it. There’s nothing you can do about it now so don’t even worry about it. Cheer up and just enjoy the day with your pop.”

I smiled; it was nice having my dad around. “Ok, I’ll try.”

“That’s my girl.”

--

JOE’S POV

I stared out the window blankly as we headed towards the radio station.

What the hell was going on with me? All of these feelings and emotions were so new. I had never wanted a girl as badly as I wanted Katy, and somehow it felt like I had managed to screw that up.

“Joseph,” my mother snapped at me, her voice scarily serious, pulling me from my thoughts of all that had happened in just twenty-four hours. “Where’s your ring?”

“What do you mean where’s my ring?” I asked, confused. I held up my hand to show her that it was on my finger where it was supposed to be.

And that’s when I noticed that it wasn’t where it was supposed to be.

Oh shit.

When I had set it on Katy’s dresser, I never picked it back up.

“Where is it?” She looked at me sternly.

I tried my hardest to remain calm and put on a nonchalant attitude. “Katy must have it. She took it off my finger and was looking at it last night, she must have forget to give it back,” I shrugged it off and glanced out the window.

Through the corner of my eye I could see my mom looking at me with raised eyebrows. She wasn’t buying it.

“Seriously mom, she was trying it on,” I replied, scared shitless. What if she knew we were doing something? I was dead. “That’s it.”

Her eyes were still hesitant. “You’re telling the truth?”

I swallowed hard. “Yeah.”

“You didn’t lose it again?” She questioned. “Because if we have to buy you another damn ring, you will be in serious trouble.”

I let out a quiet sigh of relief, a smile climbing across my face.

She was scared that I had physically lost the ring, not metaphorically given it up. “I swear I didn’t lose it.”

“You better not have.”

I sent a smile her way before turning back to the window. We weren’t caught yet.

--

KATY’S POV

“What if I pushed him too far?” I asked Rita as we were settling into our new hotel room.

I still hadn’t had a chance to talk to Joe. I tried to talk to him before the concert, but he had to hurry on stage, thus adding to my theory that he was avoiding me.

And I had myself convinced that it was because I pushed him too far.

“I wouldn’t know how to answer that because you won’t tell me how far,” she replied sarcastically.

I squinted my eyes at her.

“Ok, ok,” she replied as she dragged her suitcase into a corner. “You don’t have to tell me. Just chillax. Joe’s weird, who knows what could be behind this mood swing.”

“I know, but it’s so frustrating,” I grumbled. “He just needs to man up and face me, whether it’s my fault he’s acting weird or not.”

“That’s the attitude,” she replied, giving me a thumbs up.

“But what if it is my fault? How can he forgive me if I pushed him to far?”

Rita rolled her eyes. “Tell me how far you actually went and I’ll tell you if that was far enough to even be considered pushing too far.”

“Huh?” I stared at her, a little confused by her confusing sentence.

“Just tell me how far you guys went,” she replied with a roll of her eyes.

“Why do you care so much?” I grumbled.

“Because my Katy-kins is growing up,” she replied with a chuckle.

I laughed. “Well, you tell me how far you and Nick have gone first?”

“What?” she snapped before her cheeks began to turn a dark red.

“Exactly,” I replied, feeling confident in winning our somewhat of an argument.

“I guess you really don’t need to tell me,” she replied, her head looking down in embarrassment.

“We didn’t really go that far,” I admitted. “Just the furthest we have ever gone; well the furthest I have ever gone with anyone. There were no clothes involved.”

“Damn girl,” she replied, amusement in her voice. “I didn’t think you’d actually tell me. And I guess the middle Jonas isn’t as innocent as we all thought.”

I chuckled. “Yeah, and it’s all because of me. And I think he hates me now because of it,” I groaned, everything came back to Joseph being mad at me.

“I think it’s too quick to assume that he’s mad,” she told me wisely. “And don’t turn all teenage girl drama-ish on me. He doesn’t hate you. He may be embarrassed or feel like he pushed you too far. You need to go talk to him about it, and asap.”

“But they’re at a concert right now,” I whined.

“Then go wait in his room until he gets back,” she replied.

“That’s not a bad idea,” I told her as my brain processed the idea. “I think I will go do that.”

She chuckled. “Well, of course it’s a good idea. I am a genius.”

I chuckled before making my way out of the room and towards Joe's.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sorry. I am so so sorry that it took me so long to update.

I got overwhelmed with everything and completely lost inspiration to write. I just hope that you guys can understand that I'm only human and can't do everything.

Thank you so much if you stuck around to keep reading! There was no way I was going to stop the story, I just needed a break and those of you who understand and are still willing to read, thank you!!!

I'm back! And it's spring break. That's a good combo! =)

Thank you thank you thank you! And once again, I'm sorry!