Never Want to Let You Go

Indirectly

Thank you Alice(Juno)! It's amazing and awesome as always! =) =) =)
Image

“Katy?” I heard a masculine voice whisper.

“Huh?” I mumbled as I lifted my head to look at the person who had woken me.

“What are you doing here?” Joe asked as he took a seat next to me on the bed.

“Did I fall asleep?” I asked, looking at him through groggy eyes.

He chuckled. “Yeah.”

Apparently the concert was longer than I thought it would be.

“So, what are you doing here?” He asked, his voice soft.

“I kinda wanted to talk to you about last night,” I replied, my voice quiet as I sat up on his bed. We were finally going to have that awkward conversation…and I think we both knew it.

He sighed heavily. “Yeah, I figured.”

I looked over at him, his eyes a mix of emotions as we fell into a silence.

“I’m sorry,” I finally admitted, breaking the silence.

“Sorry for what?” He asked as his eyebrows scrunched into confusion.

“I’m sorry I pushed you so far,” I replied, feeling slightly ashamed and embarrassed. “I should have stopped us. I feel terrible for making you go against your ring.”

“What are you talking about?” He asked, his face looking lost and confused.

“I pushed you far and I’m sorry I upset you and angered you and made you go against your beliefs,” I finished.

“You’re crazy woman,” he replied, a hint of amusement in his voice, a grin shining on his face.

How could he be smiling? I thought he was beyond pissed with me?

“I’m not upset or angry with you. I’m not even upset or angry about what we did. I’m upset and angry with Rita. I can’t believe that she chose that moment to walk in,” he replied, his voice animated and amused, but filled with truth.

“Really?” I redirected my eyes from the wall into his.

“Yeah,” he replied. “Are you kidding me?” He chuckled. “There is no way I’m mad about what we did.”

I felt my cheeks blush a dark shade of red as we fell into a somewhat awkward silence. I couldn’t help but grin, though. It was a relief that he wasn’t mad at me. Sure, things were still awkward, but at least there was no anger.

“I’m definitely not mad,” he repeated as his voice turned a bit more serious. “I liked what we were doing. I don’t regret a single moment of it. If anything, I’m frustrated that we didn’t get to finish. I want you, and I know it goes against everything my parents have taught me, but I still want you and I hope that next time we’re not where we can be interrupted…” he trailed off, his eyes glancing the other direction as my eyes widened.

Did he just indirectly say that he wanted to have sex with me? In the near future? Before we were married?

I took a deep breath. “Let’s just make sure that next time if we are not interrupted that we’re sure we’re ready for whatever we do. It’s easy to get caught up in the heat of the moment.”

He nodded his head and pulled my face towards his, leaving a small kiss. “I know, I just want you to know that I want to experience things with you. Not necessarily all the way, but other things.”

I let out a deep breath. Sex was in the future, but not the immediate future. I felt a bit more at ease with that.

“One more thing,” he began, “I need my ring back.”

I chuckled with a roll of my eyes. “That’s what I tried to give you this morning, but you hurried off.”

“Oh,” he replied with a blush of his cheeks. “I was a little embarrassed about how horny I was the night before so I was too nervous to talk to you.”

“Well, don’t be nervous, I’m flattered that I make you so horny,” I replied as he let out a chuckle.

We fell into another awkward silence as I glanced up at him, noticing his flustered cheeks. I could only imagine how flustered my face looked at the moment.

This was probably the most awkward and embarrassing conversation we had ever had. But the awkwardness and embarrassment were okay, because we were making progress.

“I should probably head off to bed,” I finally spoke up, realizing that we could probably use a break from the tension. “Naughty things happen when we’re left in a hotel room together for too long,” I added a bit of comic relief.

He chuckled, knowing the truth of the statement. “All right, I’ll let you go.”

I smiled as he pulled his lips to mine.

“I love you,” he whispered as our lips separated. “And I’m glad we talked.”

“Me, too,” I smiled as he pulled me into a tight hug before helping me off of his bed.

And that smile didn’t leave my face for a long time.

Because things were back to being good.
♠ ♠ ♠
What??!! An update?? No way...

=)

Sorry? Sorry sounds pretty weak right now, but I guess that's all that can be said.

I got so busy with school and stuff, I had absolutely no time to write. Finally things calmed down a few weeks ago, but it's so hard trying to get back into a writing routine when you haven't written in so long.

But I'm definitely trying. I don't want to quit writing. I refuse to give up without a fight. I have so much planned for this story. I'm not ready for it to be over yet.

=)

I don't know how many people will actually read this, but I thank you to the ones who have stuck around to read it. =) You guys mean the world to me! Thank you so much!

And thank you Alice and Lily for stickin' with me and always being the awesome friends that you are! I love you guys! =)

And lastly, because this is sooooo short, it's only part one.