Never Want to Let You Go

What a Great Boyfriend

Thank you Cliche-Trite for this beauty!!! Isn't it gorgeous? I adore it!!!
Image

“So I was thinking that we should just hang out today,” Joe began over his bowl of cereal. “You and me. Maybe go play some Putt Putt.”

“Putt Putt?” I asked while admiring his bed head; he looked adorable.

“You don’t know what Putt Putt is?” Nick questioned from next to Joe. “It’s Mini Golf!”

I rolled my eyes with a chuckle. “I know what Putt Putt is. That's just kind of random. It’s not like there are mini golf courses at every corner.”

“You’re not the only one who knows how to google things,” Joe smirked. “But I wanted to spend the day with you since it’s probably the last free one we have for awhile. After today, we’ve got interviews and crap booked until the year 3000.”

“Nice song reference,” I grinned before taking the last bite of my Corn Flakes. “I’m down, though. I just need to go get dressed.”

I set my bowl and spoon in the sink before hurrying off to the back of the bus.

Like I was going to object to Jaty time?

--

“I’m ready!” Joe exclaimed, making his grand entrance to the front of the bus.

Finally,” I muttered as I observed his dark, skinny jeans and cute sweater. “You look cute,” I smiled. “You took forever, but you do look darling.”

He flashed a toothy grin. “Thank you,” he helped me up from the couch. “You’re looking very cute, too.”

I blushed before whispering a “thank you.”

“Now you two have fun,” Denise told us from the kitchen. “But make sure you’re back in time for sound check.”

“Yes ma’am,” Joe saluted before we began towards the door.

We were almost to the steps when an excited blonde bounded onto the bus.

“Did I hear something about a Jonas leaving?” She spoke with an excited grin as Joe and I froze in front of her.

She looked very familiar.

“Oh my god, Chelsea!” Joe exclaimed before moving around me to embrace the girl in a hug.

Chelsea? Chelsea…that sounded so familiar…

“How are you guys?” She squealed before her and Joe separated.

“We’re good,” Joe grinned before noticing me. “I want you to meet my girlfriend, Katy.” He told her, beckoning towards me.

“Hi, I’m Chelsea Staub,” she smiled to me.

Staub! Chelsea Staub! That’s who she was…

“It’s nice to meet you,” I returned the smile.

Denise greeted the bubbly blonde with a hug before the others appeared from the back lounge.

“Is there a Chelsea we hear?” Kevin chimed once noticing the new arrival.

Chelsea smiled before pulling the other brothers into a hug.

“What are you doing here?” Nick asked after introducing Rita and Lily to her.

“I thought it was about time I gave my favorite band of brothers a visit,” she smiled in excitement.

I observed the scene from next to Joe. She seemed pretty nice, I was just shocked by her entry and I felt a little left out. They all seemed to know each other so well.

“It’s good to see you,” Nick smiled genuinely. “Do you have any plans for the day?”

“Well, actually,” she began with an innocent smile. “I was hoping to go see Eagle Eye with Joe today?”

“Heck yeah!” Joe grinned excitedly. “That sounds awesome! I want to see that movie so badly!”

Say what? Did I just hear that right?

“Cool,” she beamed. “It starts in an hour, we should probably get going.”

Run that one by me one more time…

I only hoped that my face looked calm and collected, much unlike my insides.

Joe nodded his head enthusiastically before turning to me. “Is it alright if I go with her?”

My eyebrows rose in disbelief. Was he actually serious?

“But we have plans…” I told him, slightly irritated.

“Yeah, but I really wanna see that movie and she’s probably not going to be here for very long,” he told me pleadingly. “Can we go play Putt Putt some other time?”

I watched his expression intently, his eyes eager and his face excited. I took a deep breath and let my eyes close momentarily in frustration before speaking again. “Sure,” I let a fake smile spread across my face as my eyes reopened.

“Thank you,” he smiled before giving me a quick peck on the lips. “I’ll take you out for ice cream after the movie, I promise!” He told me hurriedly before him and Chelsea made their way off of the bus.

Denise, Paul, Frankie, Kevin, Nick, Rita and Lily watched as I plopped back onto a couch. “’Cause I’m not dying to see that movie or anything either,” I muttered disappointedly.

“Aw Kates, I’m sorry,” Lily spoke sympathetically as she took a seat next to me.

“It’s alright,” I replied, forcing a smile onto my face. “He
has a busy schedule, it’s fair that he gets to go see a movie with his
friend, even if that means he cancels our plans to do so.”

They all watched me, not in the slightest bit convinced.

“Really guys, I’m fine,” I told them. “Sure, I’m a little bummed that I don’t get to hang out with him, but it’s fine.”

I think I was trying to convince myself more than I was trying to convince them.

It was fair that he got to hang out with a friend for a day…I just couldn’t figure out why I was so bothered by it.

--

Five hours, many games on the Wii, two episodes of Boy Meets World, and three cupcakes later, Joe and Chelsea returned.

I was excited that Joe and I would finally have a chance to go get some
ice cream and be alone until I noticed the frozen treats in their hands.

I swallowed hard as they took a seat on the couch across from me.

“Let me tell you,” Joe began energetically. “That movie was awesome!”

“And so was that ice cream we were supposed to get,” I replied sarcastically. I was trying to refrain from saying anything mean, but I couldn’t help it.

Joe’s face dropped at my words. “Oh my god, Katy. I am so sorry!” He exclaimed, a look of realization on his face. “I totally forgot.”

“It’s all right, I didn’t really want some anyway,” I replied, sounding everything but all right.

“Cool,” he grinned, completely missing the fact that I sounded absolutely crushed.

What a great boyfriend I had…

“How about we hang out after the concert? To make up for me missing out on ice cream?” He offered as he ate the last few bites of his cone.

I smiled, despite the fact that I was still hurt, I was happy that he wanted to make it up to me. “That sounds good.”

“Maybe we’ll play Mario Kart or something…” He sent a devious smile my while.

I chuckled as Chelsea sat awkwardly, waiting for our moment to end before she spoke again.

“Ready to go?” Chelsea piped once our moment ended.

“Yeah,” Joe shook his head before they both rose from the couch.

“Go where?” I asked.

“Oh, we’re going to go shopping before sound check,” he told me nonchalantly before bidding us farewell.

Once again, everyone’s eyes were on me.

“This is such a great tour that I hurried to join,” I muttered before lying back on the couch.

I didn’t think that he would be hurrying off so quickly again…

At least I had after the concert to look forward to.

--

“That was such a good show!” Chelsea chimed once we were all settled into our hotel after the concert.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance; the only people noticing were Nick and Rita.

I was growing very irritated with her presence and the fact that I hadn’t
gotten any time to spend with my boyfriend that day because of her was
not helping.

But Joe said that we could hang out after the concert so I only had to deal with her for another couple of minutes.

“Why don’t we all play a board game?” Rita asked, hoping to get everyone, mainly me, into a good mood.

“That sounds like a splendid idea,” Lily smiled.

“Well, actually-“ I began but was cut off by a really annoying blonde.

“We’ll pass,” Chelsea spoke.

“We’re gonna go watch Heroes,” Joe added. “New episode tonight.”

My jaw dropped. Was he serious?

“Have fun,” he offered before they headed off to Chelsea’s room.

I didn’t even get the chance to ask him about our “plans”.

And as if that wasn’t bad enough, all eyes were on me again.

“Did he not say that he was going to hang out with me after the concert? I didn’t dream that or something did I?” I asked, completely flabbergasted.

“No, we all heard him say that,” Rita replied dimly.

“Whatever,” I mumbled before standing up. “I’m going to bed.”

“Oh c’mon Kate, you should play with us,” Kevin spoke. “To get your mind off of our imbecile of a brother.”

I smiled thankfully at all of them and their kind attempts to cheer me up. “Thanks, but I think sleep will have an even better chance of getting me to forget this wonderful day.”

“Try not to let it get you down too much,” Nick offered. “He’s a guy, sometimes we’re not the most observant.”

“Thanks,” I told them before beginning my way towards the door. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight,” they all muttered back before I left the room and headed towards my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it's sort of a cliff-hanger...what's gonna happen when Joe and Katy do get some alone time?? She's not happy with him as of right now...

I hope this chapter wasn't confusing, though. It was confusing to me at first, but I think I got it fixed.

And thank you to everyone who offered me advice on the Jaty sex question! I really appreciate it! =) I think I know what I want to happen now!

And thank you very much for reading!!! And commenting! And everything!!! You guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!!