Because You Said Forever

Part 12

Nick's P.O.V

Damien's house is nice. It's pretty small, but he's one person so he doesn't need much space.

"Help yourself to any food you want, and if you need anything you can ask me. The television's in the other room and there's a computer downstairs," he says , pointing towards the appropriate rooms. I nod gratefully, not wanting to say anything. "Do you want more ice for your eye?" he asks but I shake my head; the pain's starting to subside, and ice doesn't help the process much. "Alright. You can sleep on the couch tonight, I guess. I only have one bed."

I shrug lazily, really wanting to get to sleep right now, though it's hardly 8:30. "I kinda want to go to bed now. It's kind of late."

Damien nods. "Okay, the couch is in the room next to mine," he points up the staircase. I smile and thank him while I shuffle up the steps. I tiredly head straight for the couch and lie down, not caring that it isn't very comfortable. I force myself to push the thoughts of Joe out of my head, determined not to cry over him any more.

------

My eye and nose are still aching in the morning, but getting a little better. I have a dark purple spot around my eye and it looks awful and hurts as much as it looks like. It makes me look hiddeous. I know I need to get back home, but to be honest, I don't want to leave yet. Joe will be back at home and I don't want to think about what will happen when I go back, and I want to stay with Damien. At least I know he cares.

I feel the same way about Damien that I still do about Joe and it's confusing the hell out of me. It's obvious Joe didn't love me and I hate myself for the feelings I still have for him. And for the ones I'm starting to get for Damien - I don't want to get hurt again, but he wouldn't have kissed me last night if he doesn't...

No. I'm only going to get hurt again and that's the last thing I need right now.

I've spent a good majority of the day in the living room, sleeping on and off and thinking a lot about everything. It's be an understatement to say I'm scared to go back home, but I know I have to.

What's Joe going to do when I come back? He won't change. He's never changed for the better. He'll either pretend to be sorry or be mad at me. I can't kick him out either, though he needs to get his own place.

I press my head into the cushion and groan loudly, tiring myself out just from thinking.

I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and Damien's voice, and he walks into the room with the phone against is ear.

"Joe's on the phone for you," he says as he tosses it to me.