Because You Said Forever

Part 15

I'm slightly trembling as I duck into the car, sitting down in the passenger seat. I hardly get a chance to take a deep breath before my shirt is grabbed and I'm yanked halfway out of the seat, and I see Joe's face as a blur before he kisses me forcefully. It's rough and not at all loving - clearly his way of telling me not to leave again. He slides a hand into my hair and holds a clump of it tightly, pulling on it while I start to kiss back. I whimper gently against his lips as he seems to be waiting forever to break it and he's trying to rip my hair out of my head. Desperately I try to pull my face away from his, but he only tugs on my hair harder and I have to get closer to him to releive the pain.

A full two minutes later he pushes me back into the seat and sits down himself. He gives me a sickening smile and I'm regretting coming back to him. "Did you have a nice stay at Damien's?" he asks cruelly sweetly. My eyes doze off and I shrug helplessly. "So, why did you decide to come home?" he asks, as if he hasn't been harassing me to come back. I feel the tears well in my eyes again as he starts the car and I'm forced to think about Damien and his girl.

"Damien has a girlfriend," I manage to say.

"I told you that," he mutters, like I'm a total idiot. "What, did you think he liked you?" he asks the question in a mocking voice that moistens my eyes even more.

"I thought... I mean, he kissed me."

"Nick," Joe says while pulling over to the side of the road. I grumble apprehensively at what me might have in mind. "come here." he unbuckles his seat belt and I sigh lazily, unclipping my own. I manage to crawl over the stick shift and sit on his lap, facing him. There's not much room. I stare at his chest since I can't bring my eyes to focus on anything else. "You really don't think sometimes, do you?" his hands are on my back, holding me close. "Of course Damien doesn't like you. You're the only one that would think he would. But I love you, Nicky," he says softly and I don't bother to argue with him. I just don't have the willpower. He pushes my chin up and forces me to look at him as he says, "Don't ever leave me again," and kisses my lips gently