Because You Said Forever

Part 03

I stand in front of the mirror in the bathroom, leaning forward to get a good look at myself. The shirt works out nicely, but something must be done about the hair. I grab my blow dryer (it's pink - the most awesome color in the world, ever) and fluff up my hair with a stream of hot wind. The buzzing sound echoes through the bathroom as I bring it in circles around my head while combing my hair, and I put it back on the counter top when I'm satisfied.

I lean back, tilting my head and running a hand over my chin. I did a nice job shaving - there's no stubble.

The energy in the room shifts and a moment later I hear shuffling by the enterance, and then a small voice.

"Where are you going?"

"Damien's," I say simply. I can see his face in the mirror and I see the hurt flash across his eyes, but I've grown used to that look.

"O-oh," he mutters. Damien's been one of the people I've been seeing for the past month. I pull slightly at my collar, adjusting it carefully. When I'm happy with my appearance, I grin and step back. "You look nice," he mutters, covering up any sign of pain in his squeaky voice. I smile and turn around to face him. His mouth is in a narrow line and he glances up at my face only for a moment. "Have fun," he whispers shakily, and even the emotional pain that's now obvious in his voice doesn't set me off. I want to go see Damien, and I am going to go see Damien. He's the only one (besides Nick) I've ever actually liked. Most of the time I just sleep with girls for the enjoyment.

"I will," I mutter, even though it's probably the wrong thing to say. Nick gazes down, as if he's ashamed that he can't be the one I'll be sleeping next to tonight.

It's not like I want to hurt him, that;s not my intention. But sometimes I do smirk inwardly when I tell him I'll be out that night. He always avoids me those nights, but I'm often too tired to mind.

"Here's some money," I slide a fifty into his hand at the same time I push my lips onto his. "Rent a movie and buy a pizza. I'll be back late."

"Okay," Nick agrees quietly and takes the money lazily from my hand.

"I'll see you later," I whisper, hopping out of the bathroom.

-----

"Joey!" Damien shouts enthusiastically when he opens the door for me. He holds his arms out wide and I fall into them, hugging him enthusiastically. I kick the door shut and as he starts to ramble, I cut him off with a sloppy kiss.

"Woah," he giggles when we break apart. "Couldn't wait?"

"Nope," I smile and kiss him again.

-----

I fall asleep on Damien's soft mattress, our scent lingering on every thread. I let my body fall into the satin sheets, our foreheads pressed together and our arms wrapped around each other.

i wake up as the bed jiggles, and Damien's sitting upright, rubbing his hands over his face. "Hey," I smile, gazing up at his face.

He smiles. "Good morning."

I sit up and am suddenly aware of an ache in my arms and lower body, but I;ve gotten used to it and learned to ignore it. I grab my phone off the bedside table and look at the time.

"Aw, shit," I mutter. Damien looks at me in concern. "I was supposed to be home last night."

"Forget about Nick," Damien says, seeming to me reading my thoughts. I sigh and flop back down on the mattress and am soon in Damien's arms again.