The Five Days of Frank Iero

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

I was having a bad week.

Monday was shitty. The alarm didn’t ring and I missed the bus and I was incredibly late for first period and I forgot my fifty-point Algebra homework in my room and I didn’t have any money at all for lunch and Gerard told me that Mikey had a raging fever and this motherfucker tripped and spilled his Gatorade all over my pants and I was sent to detention for screaming profanities in the cafeteria in addition to my tardiness and I came home to an angry and PMS-ing mother.

Tuesday was depressing. The alarm worked this time and I had thrown it on the wall because now I would have to wake up and go to school, which I didn’t intend on doing. I did everything extra slowly and I caught the bus two minutes late so I had to walk to school where I got another detention for skipping the first two periods because I bought myself coffee in Starbucks and stayed there for a while. During lunch, Gerard handed me this neatly folded letter, which I immediately knew was from Mikey and then he told me that Mikey had spent all his strength writing it because his fever made him weak and timid. I read it during fifth period and nearly burst out crying and then I came home to an empty house.

Wednesday was pointless. The stupid fucking alarm didn’t go off again so I was, yet again, late for class so I hurried dressing up and I brushed my teeth really quickly and I had forgotten to comb my hair and I looked terrible but I walked to school anyway and then I thought, What the hell. I’ll just stay at home. So I came back home to a mother who was way beyond enraged and infuriated combined and then I got grounded from going out, using the phone and my laptop so I watched Cartoon Network the whole day because I knew Mikey was watching it too and then I fell asleep with The Adventures of Billy and Mandy on TV.

Thursday was slow. The alarm rang but I was already fully dressed and my hair was pretty and I ate enough breakfast to make up for the last three days. I walked to school but I took a really long detour and ended up in Mikey’s house so I climbed the tree beside his room and looked through his window and found him sleeping. I smiled to myself, thought, Wow, he’s beautiful, and also thought that I looked like a stalker so I got off the tree and nearly fell. I got to school late (no surprise there), got a detention, ate lunch alone, watched the hours drag by as the seconds came very close to ceasing altogether. The bell finally rang and I was the first one out the door and then I came home to house that was deserted.

Which brings us to today. Friday.

The alarm rings again and this time, I don’t throw it on the wall or protest, but then I catch sight of the clock and I scream at the alarm for “ringing so motherfucking late, you little piece of shit!” I pull my pants on and brush my teeth and comb my hair all at the same time. See, I had a change of heart yesterday. I didn’t want another detention. Mainly because I want to go straight to Mikey’s house right after the bell rings. So I run down the stairs, jump the last five steps, and dash out the front door. I run all the way to the bus stop. I have to clutch the pole to stop myself from running any further. I pant heavily, catching my breath. I hear the bus and I look up. It stops right in front of me, and I get in, tired as hell.

My breathing basically stopped in my throat at the sight of that beautiful boy sitting where we usually do. That boy is the reason I ran all the way here so I could get to school without a detention and visit him in his house right after school, and here he is, sitting serenely, looking out the window. I want to march right up to his face and scream at him for going to school, but then he looks up, and our eyes connect. A smile slowly crawls to his lips and suddenly I forget everything. The rest of the bus melts away for just a second and the memories of the previous four days are washed away with the sight of Mikey Way.

I make my way to him, my eyes never leaving his. I sit beside him and he smiles at me. I smile back as I feel my fingers intertwine with his and all I could think is: God, I missed this boy.

Monday was shitty. Tuesday was depressing. Wednesday was pointless. Thursday was slow.

But Friday?

Friday, I’m in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was really fun writing.
Frank Iero doesn't give a crap about punctuality. XDD

Tell me what you think.