I Won't Let Them Take You

Another Protester Has Crossed The Line.

Emily picked out a pair of Nicole's skinny jeans and a 3/4-sleeve shirt. She put the clothes on and with every move she feels a shock go through her arm. A tear slid down her cheek. She could never let anyone treat her like that again. She was relieved that it was over but no matter how glad she was part of her still loved him. She always would. She decided to relocate to her room, where she saw she had laid the first note he ever wrote to her on her dresser. She picked it up and began reading it to herself.

Dear Em,
I can't believe that I am with you. Every moment I am near you my heart stops, and every moment we are apart it tears me up. You are the only one to ever make me feel this way. Words cannot express the feelings I have for you. i can not wait to grow old with you. I knew from the moment I saw you that you were the one. Please don't ever leave me.

Love,
Terrance

She clenched the paper in her hands. Holding it tight, remembering how he was before. Before. Se couldn't believe how fast this had all happened. She collected anything and everything that reminded her of him and shoved it in the bottom drawer of her dresser. Feeling much better and realizing Nicole was out of the shower, she went to the bathroom to blow dry her hair. She decided to fix her hair in a messy look. Nicole met her in the bathroom to do her hair as well. As Nicole spiked, Emily moosed. They were finishing up as the doorbell rang.

"Emily, it's for you." Spencer yelled." Her date was here.

"Hold on. I'm finishing up." Emily yelled back as she sat on the counter.

Of course, she wasn't finishing up. Infact she was done, but it was always good to make your date wait a little as there older sister Sara would have said. She quickly realized that Brendon would be sitting in the living room with Spencer probably being lectured like a father does to his daughter's first date. She ran out of the bathroom too quick to say 'bye'. She rushed to the living room and grebbed Brendon's arm before Spencer could even begin his lecture,

"You drive a purple minivan?" Emily scoffed.

"What? Do I sense jealousy?" Brendon scoffed.

"Nothing of the sort." Emily smiled.

They drove for an hour and Emily was getting anxious. She was so happy to be with someone that was the complete opposite of Terence. She couldn't help but smile the whole ride. When they arrived she couldn'ty believe her eyes.

Before them sat a beautiful french-esque scene. Complete with gorgeous flowers laid perfectly everywhere. You could say he made a good first impression.

"What, do you just throw this all together anytime you take a girl out?" Emily asked.

"Only the lucky ones." Brendon smirked as he pulled out a tall metal chair for her to sit in.

She smiled. She couldn't believe how only one day without him changed her life. No matter how much she wanted to be happy, she couldn't. She faked a smile. He saw through it.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked.

"What? No!" She replied and her eyes began to wander, "It's just, too sudden. I'm sorry." She said as tears collected in her eyes.

"It's o.k., I understand." He said, "Some other day?"

She nodded.

One day she would have to get over this, over him.