I Won't Let Them Take You

Another head hangs lowly

Nicole finished her make-up and as she put it away her elbow shoved her make-up bag off the counter. When she came back up hands covered her eyes.
“Guess who.” A familiar voice said.
“I have absolutely no idea.” Nicole said sarcastically.
He released his hands and gently turned her to face him. He kissed her lips softly.
“Miss me?” He asked.
“You could never know.” She replied.
“I’ll take that as a yes.”
It had been three weeks since they had seen each other. Phone conversations and text messages just didn’t compare. She hugged him and held him tight. He was her life.
“So, what are we doing tonight babe?” She asked, arms around his neck.
He just smiled and kissed her once more.
“You will just have to see.”
He reached for her hand and let her outside.
“Leaving!” Nicole yelled as she shut the door.
He opened the door for her and Nicole just smiled. He was a sweetheart. She was so lucky to have him. Ryan got in and put in a CD. It started playing and Nicole looked at him. It was the CD that was playing the first time they had ever went on a date, The Wall by Pink Floyd. They drove for nearly an hour, but Nicole didn’t mind. They pulled into a Wal-Mart parking lot and Nicole was confused.
“Now for the rest of the way you have to wear this.” Ryan said handing her a bandana. She rolled her eyes and put it on.
Shortly they arrived to the destination. He put the car in park and gently took off her bandana. Nicole stepped out of the car and saw a classic picnic scene beside Lake Michigan. He took her hand and led her to a dock and sat down above the misty water. He turned to her and brushed her hair out of her face. He leaned in to kiss her and she followed.
“She” by Green Day began to faintly play. Nicole ignored it until she realized Em was calling.
She turned to Ryan giving an apologetic look.
“Nicole, I, I-” Emily stuttered.
“What is it Em?” Nicole asked.
“I couldn’t do it. I don’t know where I am. I took a walk but I, I-” She continued.
“Look around. Do you see street signs?” Nicole asked.
“Clark Street.” She replied.
“I’m on my way. Don’t move.”
Nicole tried to explain the situation to Ryan and he did his best to understand. He was sympathetic and was willing to drive her to get her sister.
Clark Street is a long street, and Nicole was getting impatient. It had already taken them forever to get to Clark Street and now it was taking them forever to find her. Nicole was worried out of her mind and so was Ryan. They had no idea where Emily was and what had happened to her. Nicole noticed a figure resembling Em on the sidewalk.
“Stop!” She yelled and ran out of the car before Ryan had fully stopped. Emily was lying on the ground past out. Nicole grabbed for her cell phone and dialed 9-1-1. After managing to tell recipients of the call what was going on Nicole tried to wake her sister up. It was no good, she was out cold and it just resorted her to tears. The ambulance soon arrived and passersby either stared at the sight or ignored it like every day life. But this was not every day life. Neither Nicole nor Ryan knew what was going on, nor did they know of the terror to follow.