A final Distance

Stolen

The night was slowly falling over the world that never was. Bringing silence and peace to most people that lived in the castle above the town. The empty hallways were only lighted up by the shine from the heart shaped moon. No sounds were to be heard.

Slowly a drop of water hit against the windows followed by a steam of fellow raindrops surrounding the world. It was late at night and most of the nobodies had found their ways to their rooms already. Except… for one…

Breaking the silence was the sound of footsteps. There was no one to be seen, only to be heard. Only the sound of the rain and the light footsteps echoing the hallways of the castle, while a well known shadow was to be seen on the wall.

The young boy was leaning against one of the massive windows gazing up at the shining moon above. “Why…why can’t I have a heart…?” he whispered to himself as his fingers gently touched the ice cold glass.

He was looking back through his memory at that time when he did have a heart. Something warm and gently beating inside his chest, while he slowly without knowing it reached for his chest to feel if it was still there. No… it wasn’t…

Sad greyish eyes were reflected in the window glass before the blue haired boy. He closed his eyes before he silently started walking down the hallways again. He sighted. Was a heart and a life really that much to ask for?

His hand gripped tightly against the book he was holding, and his teeth were digging into his lip in frustration. What was his superior thinking? Wasn’t he just giving them fake hopes by telling them they could have hearts again?

The sound of footsteps stopped, and so did the young boy who made them. Tears had started to appear in his eyes and he couldn’t stop them from running down his cheek, before he threw the book to the floor and started running. ‘I do too have feelings… I don’t care what others think!’ he screamed in his mind. Before he knew it he hit something falling back to the ground.

A hand reached down for him. He couldn’t figure out who, but he didn’t take the persons hand and got on his feet himself. “I don’t need your help! Get out of my way!” he yelled tightening his fists.

“Now, now… Calm down little one… No need to get so angry…” the calming voice from an older man replied as the hand slowly moved towards the crying young boys cheek. “What’s the matter Zexion? Why are you crying?” The hand slowly wiped away some of the tears, “Did some other member play a trick on you?”

“Don’t pretend like you’re my fucking dad or something! It’s none of your Business!” He groaned and smacked away the older mans hand. “I’m fine… and I’ll be fine without your help to!” The blue haired boy pushed past his older companion and was about to run when the older man hugged his arms around him*

“I’m not letting you go until you tell me what the matter is…” few petals flew to the sides as he did, and he finally got the younger mans full attention. “Let me go number.11!” The boy struggled to get free.

The pink haired man however seemed to enjoy himself. “Hmmm… I didn’t quite hear you… what did you say the matter was?” The higher man tease bit his younger companions ear and smirked playfully. “Are you going to tell me? Or do you want to be stuck like this forever?”

Zexion glared up at Marluxia. How did he dare doing this to him? “No comment!” He replied after several minutes just standing there with the stronger man clinging to him, and only the sound of the rain outside.

“Zexy loves me… Zexy loves me…” Marluxia cheerfully started singing loudly in the hallway and chuckled seeing the annoyed face Zexion made. “Will you just cut that out? You are…” “Cut out what Zexy?” Marluxia playfully added before Zexion could finish his sentence.

Zexion sighted again and had given up his struggle to get free since he had realized that Marluxia was both stronger and faster than him. “What do you want 11?”

Marluxia gave a disappointed face. “Why do you keep calling me that… why don’t you call me Marly?” “Because number 11…” “MARLY!!!” Zexion sighted yet another time seeing the annoyed pout on the older mans face. “Fine… Marly it is…can you put me down?”

“NO! Because Zexy still haven’t told me what’s bothering him!” Marluxia smiled innocently still holding his arms tightly around Zexion so that he couldn’t move away.

“Why do you even bother to put on that act?” the blue haired boy glared at the pink haired man. ”what act?” Marluxia answered short and a little bit confused not really getting what Zexion meant.

“You know pretty god damned well that we don’t have hearts!” He yelled trying to pull free again. “oh so that’s what’s bothering you!” Marluxia smiled pleased from the answer he had been waiting for. “it’s not an act… it’s just how I am of nature… have you forgotten how you really are?”

Now it was the younger boys turn to be confused. “what… do you mean?” he tilted his head to the side looking back at the man still behind him.

“You have always been the cute little kid reading books to make time past, always smiling when you figure out you’re the smartest or when you manage to complete your goals… and the one who stole my heart away…” Marluxia nuzzled against the surprised Zexion.

“Stole your heart?” Zexion didn’t understand any of this at all, but then a weak pink shade formed on his cheeks when he realised what the older man meant.

The rain outside was still gently hitting the windows in the silent castle, and the heart shaped moon was still shining. The heartless was still mindlessly collecting hearts. All a lovely night in the world that never was...