Emilee

Ten

After I’d written a note to my parents explaining where I was going, I waited anxiously in my room for Max to appear at my window. When no one came at 6pm, I got scared. Where was he? I assumed that if he wanted me ready by 6, he’d be here to pick me up. He was usually on time. In fact, he was always on time. I sat in the awful silence and listened for something, anything. That’s when I heard that someone was knocking on the door. Both mum and dad weren’t due back until 9 at the earliest, and they each had a key. I rushed downstairs and opened the door to a smiling Max Green.

“What took you so long?” he asked softly.

“I thought you’d come through the window like usual,” I replied, taking in his appearance. He had on a fitted black shirt with the first few buttons left undone and tight black jeans held up by a belt which had a skull on it. His hair appeared to be straightened, and through it I noticed his bright eyes were framed with dark eyeliner. “Wow...”

“Wow to you too gorgeous,” he said, winking at me. I blushed.

“You look...” I couldn’t describe him.

“I know, your thoughts are all quite clearly on ‘he’s hot’,’ he said, laughing. I could see the lust in his eyes as he looked me up and down. “We should go before we end up standing here staring all night,” he suggested. That was all I’d be doing anyway, I thought. He smiled sweetly and took my hand, leading me out and across to his car. He opened the door for me and then went around to the driver’s side where he got in and started the car. ‘First Date’ by Blink 182 began playing. I laughed at the prearranged irony. This was our first date. Wait, we’re we even going steady?

“Max –” he shushed me with his finger.

“In due time.” I raised my eyebrow and smiled, wondering what he had planned.

He stopped the car by the side of the road. I had no idea where we were now. It was already dark outside. “So, where have you taken me?” I asked curiously.

“Surprise,” he replied simply. He reached into the backseat and grabbed a black satin blindfold. “Turn around.” He smirked at me, giving me butterflies. I did as I was told.

“Max...” What was he up to? “Max, I’m not too stable on my feet at the moment, and you’re blindfolding me?” He tied it securely over my eyes.

“Don’t worry, I’ll soon sweep you off your feet so you won’t have to worry about it,” he replied sweetly. I smiled wide. I heard him get out of the car and waited for him to help me out. He opened my door and took my hands.

For a good 10 minutes, Max led me, blindfolded, to an unknown destination. I kept asking where we were, and he kept ignoring me. I eventually gave up asking and concentrated on not tripping over. He came to a sudden halt and turned me to face him. “We’re here,” he whispered. He moved his hands to my face. I wanted him to remove the blindfold and let me see him, but I guessed he had other ideas as I felt his soft lips on mine. I wasn’t gonna complain. I smiled into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his waist. He suddenly pulled away and removed the blindfold.

“Voila.” I gasped at the sight before me. Max had set up a cute little picnic in the middle of what appeared to be a forest. Everything set up was black and red, making it look way cooler. The surrounding candles made it look even more the beautiful.

“This is so sweet of you,” I said into Max’s chest as I hugged him.

“I thought you’d like it.” He smiled down at me. We sat down beside each other on the rug and ate the jam sandwiches he’d made. I suppose it was convenient that he knew so much about me. Jam sandwiches were awesome.

“Thank you so much Max. I dunno what else to say,” I said. He smiled across at me. “I mean, this is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. I ...”

“It’s still less than you deserve,” he said. “Emilee, you’re so special to me.” He kissed me lightly.

“I love you,” I choked out. Suddenly, the whole world was different. I was in love. Max grinned.

“I love you too.” He reached into his pocket and took something out, hiding it in his closed hand. “And I would consider myself the luckiest guy in the whole world if you, Emilee Parker...” He revealed a pretty silver ring. “...would be my girlfriend.” The smile on my face must’ve said it all, because Max slipped the ring on my right hand and kissed me sweetly. A few tears escaped my eyes. Max wiped them away and pulled me onto his lap. He laid down and I rested my head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. The stars were so pretty out here.
♠ ♠ ♠
I liked this chapter...thought it was "cute-sie" XD
Hope you liked it too :P