Emilee

Fifteen

Dear Jane,
I wonder how much longer I can last before I go insane? It’s been a whole week and Max hasn’t been uhh...thirsty...Not once! He’s snacked, I’m sure, but no talk of a camping trip up to the woods any time soon.


I sighed and tapped my pen on the side of my desk.

I can’t wait to know I’ll be with him forever. I mean, I already know it...but it’d be reassuring to go the next step. It’s more definite then.
Emilee


I got up outta bed and dressed into my favourite pain of jeans and a cute red top I had. Today I was going out with my mates to the city, always an exciting occasion. Lisa always organised our outings, mainly because she knew how lazy the rest of us could be. It was a great coincidence that this weekend my parents were away visiting my Auntie May. I didn’t have a bed time tonight. I slipped on my converse, grabbed my bag and headed straight out the door.

I saw Alice waiting by the train station alone. “Where’s Colin?” I asked as I reached her. She cocked her head to the side, and I followed my eyes in that direction. He was making out with Lisa. Eww...keep it private. “Ahh...”

“I asked him if it could be just us 3 without the leech, but he insisted on her coming too.” She rolled her eyes. I laughed. I would’ve asked Max to come if anyone knew we were together. We’d kept it a secret so far, as it’s easier for all. My friends weren’t massive fans of his. He was too daggy, apparently.

“You got along fine a few days ago. What happened?” I asked. Just the other day, Alice had payed for Lisa’s lunch at school. They were laughing and smiling together like best buddies.

“She’s just getting on my nerves.” I heard her irritating high-pitched giggle from where we were standing, a good 20 meters away.

“You’ll hardly notice tonight. Are we still gonna try get into that club downtown?” She grinned wide, which I took for a yes.

I managed to squeeze my way outta the mosh back to where Colin sat. “This is so fun!” I yelled over the DJ. I glanced back over my shoulder where Alice and Lisa were dancing together.

“Yea, I can’t believe we got in!” We both giggled. We waltzed in, no questions asked. I guess we looked a little older than 17. I sipped at my drink again. I wasn’t quite sure what it was, but it was sweet and tasty and I was on my third already. “Shouldn’t you slow down with them?” Colin asked, pointing at my drink.

“What for? I’m hardly drunk,” I said, hiccupping after my sentence. I giggled again.

“They hit hard all of a sudden. I once had just one and was off my face,” Colin replied. I shrugged. “Your funeral...” he muttered. I poked my tongue out at him and went to join Alice again.

My head was spinning. I didn’t even notice it was our stop until I had Alice and Colin dragging me off the train. I think Lisa got off earlier, mentioning something about staying over a friends place tonight. “I told you Emilee,” Colin said, sighing.

“You tell me a, a lot of, of things,” I replied slowly, poking him in the chest. He laughed. He and Alice managed to drag me all the way home with only one fall. I walked straight into a tree and landed on my butt.

“Emilee, I can’t find your key,” Alice said, exasperated. “Ohh, what’s this? 5 messages and 11 missed calls!?” I grabbed my phone from her and attempted to read the screen. I gave up once the words started to blur together...which was straight away.

“Just my parents...” I said slowly. It had to be Max.

“Emilee!?” I turned my head to see Max running towards me. He stopped just before he got to me and hugged me tight. “Where have you been!? I’ve been calling you all night honey!” He took in my intoxicated state and sighed. “Ohh...”

“Uhh...We’ll leave her with you then?” Alice asked, eyeing me suspiciously. She handed him the key she’d just found.

“Thanks for looking after her,” he said. Alice and Colin exchanged a confused look and left me with Max. He opened the door and after locking it, carried me upstairs to my bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading :)