Emilee

Seventeen

Max’s P.O.V:

Emilee and I sat snuggled up on her couch in the lounge room. I couldn’t be any more comfortable. I noticed that she was lightly stroking the ring on her right hand. I smiled and kissed her cheek. She was adorable, and she was mine. “Can I ask you a question Emilee, seeing as you asked me one last week?”

“What would you need to ask about me? You know most of me inside out already,” she said, smiling up at me.

“I only know what you’re thinking about when you’re thinking it. I can’t get answers to questions unless you’re thinking about it,” I said.

“Ohh. Well, ask away.” I weaved my fingers between hers.

“Who’s Jane?” Her breathing stopped for a long time. It didn’t just change pace, it stopped. I was about to perform CPR on her before she took in a sharp breath. She furrowed her eyebrows together in thought.

“How do you know about Jane?” she asked. It came out sounding awkward. Her mind was all scrambled.

“I heard you talking to her a few days ago. I mean, thinking about it. You almost told her what I am...” I’d told her not to tell anyone. So who was this Jane?

“Ohh...” She stared blankly out the window. It was raining. “Please don’t think I’m any more retarded than you already do.” I wrapped my arms around her waist.

“I don’t think you’re retarded,” I said. She sighed lightly.

“Jane is uhh...” She was hesitating. In her mind, she was worried. “Jane is me. I am Jane.”

“Your name’s Jane?” I asked, clearly confused.

“No no. My name is Emilee and her name is Jane.” That just made me more confused.

“But you said that you’re Jane. How can you be Jane if you’re Emilee? And why are you talking to her if she’s you?” Emilee squirmed out of my grasp and got up.

“I talk to her because she’s all I have at times. We’ve been through a lot together Max.” She began to walk away. I let her go. “I’ll be right back,” she mumbled. I waited patiently and tried to unscramble the mess that was Emilee’s mind. I know that sounds awful, but it truly was a mess at the moment. I saw happiness, curiosity, pain, uncertainty...she had it all at the moment. She returned to me grasping a black notebook. “I’m not insane, okay?”

“Honey, I know you’re not insane,” I said. She came and sat beside me.

“This is Jane.” She handed me the book. “She lives here.” She held both her hands over her chest. I was slowly beginning to understand.

“So...Jane is your hearts mind?” I asked unsurely.

“Something like that,” she said softly. “She’s a different part of my heart’s mind. I share everything with her.”

“Can I read it?” I asked. She was quick to take it back from me. “Why not? I can already read your head. What difference does it make if I can read your heart too?”

“Max, you can often read my heart. It coincides with my head when I’m around you because I love you and you’re all I can think about. But some things in here are between Jane and I only. They’re personal.” If something is between you and yourself it must be pretty personal.

“That’s fine.” She got back up and disappeared briefly, coming back without Jane. I wrapped my arms back around her and nuzzled my head into her neck. “I love you Emilee. You’re not insane.”

“I love you too,” she replied. I kissed her neck briefly. All that filled her mind now was how much she loved me. I felt amazing, to say the least. I pulled her against my chest and laid down with her beside me. I loved the way she seemed to fit herself perfectly against me. I kissed her hungrily and she responded by kissing me back. She somehow knew that I loved the way she sucked on my lip ring. It always forced me to have to hold back moans of pleasure. I licked along her top lip, pleased that she got the hint and let me in. Her hands weaved into my hair and she softly pulled me closer to her. How in the hell did a guy like me get this lucky? It seemed as if it went against several laws and possibilities. Not that I was complaining, because she seemed to be thinking exactly the same thing about herself. We fit together perfectly.
♠ ♠ ♠
31 subscribers! :O
Glad people like this story :)