Emilee

Twenty Two

Max’s P.O.V:

My eyelids were beginning to droop. I’d been by her side for what, 23 hours now? And still, she didn’t wake up. From what I’d gathered from the doctors and nurses that had come to check on her, she’d fainted and was yet to regain consciousness. They asked what got her so stressed, but I didn’t reply. They saw the bruise on her left wrist from when I’d dragged her out of the bathroom, worried sick about her. To top it all off, I couldn’t tell them where her parents had gone to because I didn’t know. Things were looking bad. I received a rather nasty look from a nurse a few hours ago. I don’t blame her for hating me, I do. I was supposed to take care of Emilee. She was my girlfriend. I failed her. Maybe I should just go? She’s obviously better off without me...and she’s all that matters. To me, anyway.

After some much needed sleep, I decided to go for a bit of a wander. Gees, my back hurt. I stretched and left with Emilee still in her bed. She wasn’t exactly going anywhere, so I figured a short walk would do no harm. I didn’t walk very far, only to the nearest snack bar and brought a cookie. By the time I was back, Emilee was awake and sitting up in bed. She rubbed her eyes as if she’d only just woken up in the morning. It was about 11pm. She smiled softly at me as she noticed me in the doorway.

“Hi,” she said softly.

“Please don’t do this again,” I pleaded. I walked up to her and hugged her tight. “I was so worried Emilee.” She took the chance to steal a bite of my cookie. I laughed at her.

“What happened exactly?” she asked.

“You fainted after our...uh...scene? I didn’t know what happened, so I drove you straight to the hospital.”

“Thank you,” she said. I sighed contently.

“I missed you.” It was the honest truth. Her voice kept me going. We hugged for a long time, until a nurse clearing her throat interrupted the blissful silence in the room.

“Emilee, are you okay to walk?” the nurse asked. Emilee started to get up out of bed, her feet on the floor. She stood without falling and took a few steady steps.

“Yea, I guess so,” she replied, shrugging lightly.

“Well then you’re free to leave.” With that, the nurse was off again. Emilee grabbed her clothes and headed for the bathroom to get changed. I waited patiently on the bed. I had to hold back laughter as she cursed the hospital gown she was dressed in. She came out, looking beautiful as always. I caught her in my arms and pulled her close. She was so fragile. She giggled lightly and kissed my cheek.

“C’mon, let’s get outta here,” I suggested. She nodded. I took her hand and led the way. She was unusually quiet on the drive back home. Her mind was blank. Strange. I didn’t know what to think of it. “Emilee, are you okay?” I asked as we got back to her house, clearly concerned.

“Yea, I’m fine,” she replied. “Why?”

“Well you’re very quiet at the moment. You’re not even thinking,” I said.

“Yes I am,” she said, frowning at me a little. “You’re just not listening I guess.”

“What?” I was confused. She was clearly not thinking.

“I’ve been trying to tell you things all the way home, but I don’t think you were listening...” She sat in a ball on her bed.

“Well, what were you thinking?” I asked.

“I was thinking about how I wanted to go back to your house, because my parents are coming home soon and I really wanna make the most of my time away from them.” How did I not hear all of that?

“Emilee, we can. I’m sorry, I...I didn’t hear you I guess.” I still couldn’t hear her. Had I finally completely lost my ability to read her? She was so special...I grabbed her hand and walked down the stairs with her, making sure to lock the door behind us.

“Max, so you can’t read my mind anymore?” she asked.

“I don’t think so...” I said softly. We got to my room and she sat softly on my bed. She smiled sweetly at me, and I couldn’t help but return it. She was so beautiful. I stood above her to lean down and kiss her softly. Things were weird now without hearing her mind. I couldn’t tell if she wanted more or simply wanted to hug me. I took a chance and kissed her a little harder. She responded by wrapping her arms around my waist and pulling me down on top of her...so I guess I guessed right. Again, she was sucking on my lip ring. I’d never get sick of that, and neither would she I guess. I was trying my hardest not to crush her. “Emilee, am I hurting you?” I asked as we broke the kiss.

“No,” she replied. “Don’t move.” She wrapped her arms tightly around me. “I won’t let you.” I laughed, as did she.

“You’re so silly,” I said, kissing her on the nose. She tilted her head to the side and crossed her eyes. It was pretty cute. I wanted to be hugging her closer, but it wasn’t possible. I knew I’d kill her doing that.

“I love you so much Emilee,” I whispered. Her eyes were bright and bubbly. I kissed her softly, weaving my hands into her bright red hair. She was gorgeous. I flipped us around so that she was on top of me. I was still too afraid of hurting her. I never wanted to hurt her. She cringed as I took her hands, and I realised I’d bumped her bruise. “Sorry honey.” I kissed her wrist, which made her smile.

“You’re adorable Max,” she said.

“I hurt you,” I said in a low voice.

“Max, it was an accident. You were worried I guess,” she replied.

“No, I need to learn to be more gentle with you in my arms.” She curled up into my chest and closed her eyes.

“You’re too kind,” she mumbled. I sighed and started stroking her hair. She was so lovely.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi :) Sorry I didn't update for a few days...
Went to a gig (Heartbreak Club rule!) and a party :P
But yea, update's here :) Sorry it's kinda lame :/