Emilee

Twenty Three

I woke up in the tight embrace of a half naked Max. I sighed contently and smiled to myself. His bedside clock read 6:28am...so I wasn’t exactly in a hurry to get up for school. I had a strange dream. Alice slapped me because she found out I was going out with Max. I laughed at the idea. I mean sure, she doesn’t like him a whole lot, but I don’t think she’d ever slap me. I guess she kinda knows now. I wonder why she hadn’t said anything at school Monday? I thought about the dream for a while, trying to remember each tiny detail, eventually giving up and falling back to sleep.

“Emilee,” Max whispered in my ear. I woke up with tingles raging through my body. Damn hormones.

“Morning,” I whispered back. He kissed me sweetly on the cheek and dragged me outta bed. I pouted at him. “It’s too early Max.”

“It’s 7:30.” Ohh shit!

“Max! You let me sleep in you meanie!” I said as I lightly punched him.

“I couldn’t wake you. I mean, you should see how adorable you are when you’re asleep. More so than usual,” he replied. “I got your bag from your room and it’s all packed.”

“Ohh, thanks,” I said softly. I wasn’t feeling all that great. “Shower?” He directed me towards the bathroom and threw some clean clothes into my arms.

“I’ll be downstairs honey.” He kissed my lips quickly and left me to do my thing. The water burned my skin. Lately, I’d been taking hotter showers. I thought maybe it was because I’d been with Max a lot, and he’s freezing. I turned it off and got changed into what Max had given me, rolling my eyes at his choice. My cutest pair of undies, a pink shirt and simple denim skinny jeans now clothed me. I hadn’t worn this shirt in ages...probably because I hated pink. I combed my hair and borrowed Max’s eyeliner, laughing at how ridiculous the top looked now. It looked as if I were trying to pull off the sweet look. Wasn’t working. I headed downstairs where I greeted Max’s family, receiving a cheery greeting from all but his dad. I shrugged it off. Max had made me toast, and smothered it in jam. After eating we headed back up to his room to grab our shit and go.

“Max, is this a joke or do you seriously have no taste?” I asked, pointing at my shirt. He laughed.

“I found it funny,” he replied. He went to his dresser and grabbed a random band shirt, tossing it to me. ‘Aidan’ was printed on the front. Nice. I got changed in the bathroom and tossed the pink shirt at him.

“Keep it,” I said. He grinned wide and threw it on the growing pile of clothes on his floor. The last time I was here, it wasn’t nearly half as big. He came over and hugged me, kissing me with a strange taste to it. “Ohh yum, you had jam too?” I asked, kissing him deeper. His hands found their way to the back pockets of my jeans, and mine to his chest. Getting to school on time no longer mattered. Someone cleared their throat at the door. I froze as Max briefly pulled away, but then locked our lips once again.

“Max, mum told me to tell you to get your ass to school,” Jessie said. I was kinda embarrassed. Max pulled away.

“In a minute,” he replied, not taking his eyes from mine.

“Yea...sure.” I heard her leave, and Max continued as if nothing had happened. Reluctantly, I pushed him away from me.

“Max, we gotta get to school.” He pouted, and I almost caved. “Max! That face is evil!” He sighed.

“Okay fine...We’ll continue this some other time?” he said, smiling cheekily. I laughed and grabbed my bag, which was quickly taken from me by Max. He grabbed his own as well, and I followed him out the door.

“We’re going now!” Max shouted through the house as we made it to the front door. A few ‘goodbye’s and ‘have a nice day’s sounded from somewhere inside as we walked out. Max slung our bags into the back of his car and opened the door for me, all before I was even there yet.

“You’re amazing,” I said softly, hopping in the car.

“I know,” he replied, laughing. He kissed me again, lingering his lips longer than he should have. “I dunno what it is about you today, but you’re driving me crazy.” He closed the door and hopped in the driver’s side.

“I’m sorry?” He looked at me as if I were crazy.

“Emilee, how is that at all your fault?” he asked. “It’s just gonna be hard at school with the no PDA’s rule.” We both sighed. He started the engine, with me secretly praying it wouldn’t work...but it did.

Once we were at school, Max and I walked up to his locker. I didn’t usually go to school with him, I’m not sure why. He dumped his bag inside his locker, which he’d opened on the first try, and then we headed over to mine. Alice was staring at him as if he were a freak, well, until she saw our linked hands. Her face then turned to become more horrified. I sighed and squeezed Max’s hand. She already knew, I thought.

“Hey,” I said casually.

“Uhh...” She glanced quickly at our hands again.

“I thought you found all this out Saturday night when Max showed up?” I asked awkwardly.

“I thought he was just a good neighbour...or a random friend at the most,” she replied.

“Well, he’s not. He’s my boyfriend,” I said happily, smiling up at Max. He smiled back. My dream fluttered through my mind again as Alice didn’t reply, but finally, she smiled.

“Well, at least you’re happy,” she said. I relaxed and smiled at the unanticipated acceptance of Max by my best friend.

“I better get going honey. I’ll see you in English,” Max said. He kissed my forehead and flashed me a gorgeous smile before heading back to his locker.

“Aww, that was cute,” Alice said. I blushed.

“C’mon, we have Chemistry first up,” I said, cringing as I said my least favourite subject’s name. Alice did too. We shared that hate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

...I found this pic and melted inside :P Thought you guys would too.. :P
Thanks for reading :)