Emilee

Twenty Seven

After Max drove me home, I stalked up to my room and threw my bag onto my bed. I got a shitload of homework from my history teacher. I swear, even the teacher’s pets’ groaned when she dealt out all of that. I groaned, giving a sideways glance towards my window and considering going to bother Max before starting on homework. He already said he’d not answer the door to me, giving me a cheeky smile, but I know he’s not that mean.

The phone started ringing, interrupting my attempt at starting homework. I was all too eager to answer. History is boring. “Hello?”

“Hi!” It was Alice.

“Hey, sup Alice?”

“I’m bored.” She sighed into the phone. “Ohh, did you hear!?”

“No?” Here we go...

I listened to Alice explain how apparently, someone got caught skipping class. I couldn’t keep my mind on the conversation, it kept wandering back to Max.

“Emm, you there girl?” Alice said. Oops, I thought she was still talking.

“Yea, sorry,” I replied.

“Are you all there?” she asked.

“Kinda?” She laughed.

“So uh...how are you and Max going?” She’s never asked that before...

“Pretty good,” I replied with a smile. “I love him so much.”

“That’s good. As long as you’re not sleeping with him hey,” she said, laughing lightly at the end.

“Why?” I asked. There was a short silence.

“Are you?”

“I never sai-“

“Emilee, I thought you were smarter than that! You don’t know where he’s been...” I heard
the disgust in her voice.

“Alice, I trust him and love him to all ends. Isn’t that enough?” I asked.

“He’s your first boyfriend Emilee. That never works out, you know that.” I hung my head.

“I’ve got homework to do,” I said quietly, hanging up on her protests. Max and I would last, I knew it in my heart. So, why was I crying?

I finally settled on just getting my homework over and done with, figuring it was probably the right thing to do. Someone lightly knocked on my door. Max? No, Max uses the window...

“Can I come in?” Lewis asked from behind the closed door.

“Sure,” I said. I knew what he wanted to talk about. It wasn’t his business anyway. He came in and closed the door again, taking a seat on my carpet.

“So...Emilee, about last night...” he started.

“Look. This really isn’t any of your business Lewis. You know that. I know you just don’t wanna see me get hurt, but Max...” I started picking at my nails. “He’s something different.”

“He’s just a boy. We’re all pricks Emilee,” he replied.

“Get out Lewis.” I turned around and began doing my homework again. He didn’t understand, and never could.

“Look, all I’m saying here is that he doesn’t really seem...boyfriend material.” I turned back around to glare at Lewis.

“And what the fuck is that supposed to mean?” I snapped.

“Well he’s got you into bed now. Once he gets bored, he’s gone,” he said. “All his type are like that.”

“His type!? Lewis, you’re an ass! Get out!” Max wasn’t a sleaze! What was it with people assuming the worst of him today!? No one knew Max like I did...

“Emilee, just be careful, okay? Be safe,” he whispered. “I just...don’t like him.” He’d barely talked to him...

“Why not?” I asked.

“Look at him Emilee. He screams dangerous!” I got up and opened my door.

“Get out!” I repeated. “Stop judging someone you’ve barely talked to!” Lewis got up and headed out of my room. I slammed the door shut behind him. Fuck that. Max is a soft loving guy, not an ass. He’s not dangerous at all. Well, okay. He is. But that’s not his fault...

I tossed and turned in my bed. Shit. 3:38am already!? Max hadn’t come over tonight. He said he’d let me catch up on school and sleep. I wasn’t really getting much sleep. I missed him. I wanted him to wrap his arms around me and tell me Lewis was wrong. Not all guys are like that. I got up. There’s no way sleep was anywhere close to me yet. I stumbled around my room before I got to the light switch and turned it on. Grabbing the nearest object, I headed over to my window with it and threw, hoping I had good aim. Good thing it was a soft toy. It flew straight through Max’s bedroom window and disappeared into the darkness. I waited for a bit, hoping it’d awoken him, but I gave up when nothing looked moving in his room. I sighed and headed back to bed. A few minutes later, a sleepy-looking Max crawled through my window with a fluffy blue elephant in his hands. He dropped it and trudged over to me, wrapping his arms around me.

“What’s wrong baby?” he asked.

“Stay with me Max,” I whispered. He crawled in bed beside me and kissed my forehead.

“Of course Emilee.” There was a short silence. “What’s wrong?” he asked again.

“I don’t know.” I wasn’t lying. I was just...upset. I wasn’t sure why. Probably my fight with Alice. Ohh, and Lewis. He’s been back 2 days and I already hate him.

“I love you,” he whispered. He snuggled his head into my shoulder and hugged me tighter. I was crying, but he’d never know.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever :(
But, here it is :) Not very good...I'll work extra hard on the next chapter :)