Emilee

Thirty Eight

Max’s musical laughter filled the room once again. “So, I was stone cold?”

“Yea,” I confirmed. Max had asked what he was like in my dream, so I’d been describing it all to him for the last hour or so. “You had a warm heart tho.” Max smiled across at me, and I couldn’t help but to smile back.

“Is is strange when I touch you then?” he asked softly, taking my hand into his. He laced his warm fingers through mine.

“Uhh, not really. Towards the end you kinda made me a vampire, so you felt normal to me...” I said quietly. I felt like a nutcase.

“Ohh, okay.” There was a moments silence. “So, were we the only vampires?” I went on to describe how he had a coven, and how they all had special abilities.

“So, what could I do? Fly? Kill people just by looking at them?” Max was getting really excited. It was adorable, needless to say.

“You could kinda...read minds,” I said. Max grinned wide.

“I bet I can read your mind right now!” he exclaimed. He placed his hands on either side of my head and closed his eyes.

“Go for it,” I laughed.

“Hmm...you...ohh Emilee, I had no idea you were like that!” He opened his eyes to throw me a playful smirk before closing them again. His tongue ran along his lips and at that moment, all I wanted to do was to pounce forward and attack his face with mine. “I’m sensing that you’re thinking about me...” he said in a low voice. “...naked.” He burst out in laughter, as did I.

“You wish Max,” I said, lightly hitting his shoulder.

“Well hey, if you weren’t thinking about it then, I’ll sure as hell bet you’re thinking about it now.” Damn, he had me there. His tongue ran along his lip again. I was beginning to think he was teasing me on purpose. He looked funny with no lip ring. I realised I’d been staring for far too long when I felt Max lightly shake me outta my trance. “Hello? Emilee? So, will you tell me?”

“I’m sorry, what?” I blushed lightly. He laughed.

“Will you tell me what it was like, me and you in your dream?”

“Ohh...we were great,” I said. He smiled softly. “We went through a lot of shit but in the end, it was you for me and me for you. We were supposed to be together forever...” I stopped talking as I realised I was crying.

“Hunny, what’s wrong?” he asked, cupping my face with his hands.

“I don’t know,” I whispered.

“Bet you do...”

“It’s just...” I took a deep breath. “It’s just, I wanted to be together with you forever Max. Now that’ll never happen.” He looked across at me with sad eyes.

“Regardless, I’ll be with you for as long as I possibly can, Emilee. You’re amazing,” he whispered. He leant in towards me and began to kiss away my tears. I smiled at his sweetness, and caught his lips with mine. At that point in time, nothing mattered. The past and future seemed to blur into a haze as his lips softly moved, and his tongue flickered against mine. His hands moved to my back, and mine to his neck as the moment went on. The kisses got hotter and deeper as Max leaned into me more, pushing me backwards onto my pillow. His body seemed to form curves that fit perfectly against mine as he leaned down onto me, not breaking the contact between our lips once in the process. I thought I heard him moan, but thought little of it. It must’ve been the bed creaking. I heard it a second time and giggled.

“Something funny?” Max asked with a smile as he pried his lips from mine.

“You so just moaned...” Max blushed a little.

“I so did not,” he mumbled.

“Did too,” I whispered, smiling like crazy. He was adorable when he blushed.

“So what if I did?” he said, sitting up a little to look me properly in the eyes.

“Nothing. I just thought it was kinda hot,” I mumbled. Now it was my turn to blush.

“Is that so?” A smirk made its way to his lips. I blushed even more. He brought them to my ear. “Well, it was your fault missy.” He lightly kissed along my jaw line until he got back to my mouth. Ohh, how I’d missed this. Was that even possible, seeing as it never happened to begin with? I tried not to think about it. It didn’t seem to matter anyway. All that mattered was that I had Max now, and nothing could change that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading :)
Hopefully another update soonish :)