Emilee

Forty Seven

I woke up to my mum shaking me, telling me someone wanted to see me. I’d told her this morning that I didn’t feel well, and she let it slide and allowed me to stay home from school. I got up and was brushing my hair out a bit as Anna entered my room. She looked through my photos and various bits and pieces resting on my desk before she finally turned to me, her eyes glowing red. I shrunk back in fear, terrified of what she was capable of doing.

“Hello Emilee,” she said, a sly smirk playing on her lips.

“Hi,” I choked out, putting down my hairbrush.

“I just came by to explain my actions,” she started. “You see, as you took away my boyfriend, I think it’s only fair if I take yours away too.” I let her words sink in.

“Ronnie deserves to be where he is. He almost killed Craig,” I said. “You two have had enough fun. Can’t you leave me be?” My throat tensed up and more tears spilled from my eyes. I was amazed I had any left after this morning. Anna giggled.

“I’m having way too much fun to stop now! Besides, now I need a new lover...and well...Max isn’t too bad now is he?”

“Stay away from him,” I warned, gritting my teeth together.

“Or what?” Anna slowly walked over to me, placing her hand on my cheek. Before me I saw this morning’s events replayed as if it had just happened. I backed away, confused as to what had just happened, and upset again at what I’d seen. “I'm very gifted with what I can do.” She smirked at me and left. I collapsed to the floor, having just seen the look on Max’s face when he’d told me to leave this morning. He was so cold, and it hurt. I hadn’t done anything wrong, yet he assumed the worst. How could he not see the lies Anna had told him? I had a hard time sitting on the floor debating with myself as to whether I should still go see the guys at band practice tonight. I decided against it. I was guessing I wasn’t invited anymore anyway.

I was watching some crap on TV, not paying the slightest attention to the show. I noticed that the boy in whatever was showing had the same eyes as Max, and at that thought I began to cry. The doorbell rang only a few minutes later. Perfect, I thought. I slumped over to the door, wiping my face before I opened it. Craig stood in front of me, his look of anger soon turning to one of concern.

“Emm, what’s wrong?” He paused for a moment. “Don’t answer that. Shit, I’m sorry.” He hugged me tight for a moment. “The guys and I would really like you to come to band practice tonight...”

“I can’t Craig. Max will be there,” I whispered.

“I don’t want us all to stop hanging out together just because of Max and his slut,” Craig huffed.

“His slut?” I asked. Since when was she his?

“I thought you knew about that...” Fresh tears made their way down my cheeks. “Max is such a jerk. One day he’ll realise who he’s left behind and it’ll hit him hard. Come on, come with?”

“Okay,” I replied quietly, allowing Craig to half drag me to Max’s. I walked in to be greeted with warm smiles from everyone but two people in the room. Sure, Anna was smiling, but it was far from warm. It was a knowing smile, one that said she knew it hurt. She was sitting in Max’s lap, his head down low. The guys went back to practicing as I sat and watched, keeping my eyes from Max. I watched as Craig sang with such a passion. I looked over but once in Max’s direction to find him gritting his teeth in anger. He violently plucked at his bass until the song ended, then took it off and left the room.

“What was that about?” Robert asked.

“I dunno he’s been a dick all day, why should we expect that to change now?” Craig muttered. I got up and followed Max up to his room, trying to ignore Anna’s eyes boring into the back on my head.

“What have I done now?” I asked bitterly. Max turned to face me with a scowl.

“You don’t have to rub it in my face! You couldn’t stop staring at him!” Max yelled. I was sure the others would have heard.

“And Anna on your lap isn’t rubbing it in my face!?” I yelled back. “So you asked her out...”

“What's it to you? At least I broke us off before I went off with another...” I gave up right then and there.

“I was staring at anything but you. Watching you so elated was killing me, so I had to look away. I couldn’t sit there and watch as your hair flicked around your perfect face, and the way you close your eyes and dissolve into the beat...that’s so adorable...” Max’s expression changed and he almost reached out to wipe the tears away, but I’d left before he had the chance. I can’t handle this. If I can’t have him, nothing is worth living for anymore. I rushed out the door hearing Craig calling after me, and not caring as I slammed the door in his face. I almost killed myself and my brother on the stairs on my way up to my room. He gave me a worried glance and opened his mouth to say something, but decided against it. He knew I’d tell him when I was ready. I turned my stereo on to blast out any tunes coming from next door. For once in so many years, I wished not to hear the sound of Max’s bass next door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel so bad for what I did to poor Emilee :(

Thank you for reading, and expecially to those who comment :)