Cupids Eternal Arrow

Chapter 44

I tried to calm myself down but the realisation was just too much. I scrambled back to my feet to check the tests again, ensuring it wasn’t some sick joke.

“Positive…positive…positive…positive…positive…positive” I muttered. Each test told me I was pregnant. The first thought that hit me was that Nick was going to be a father. Of course I cared about my own happiness but his came before mine and I was so unbelievably happy that we could start a family together. That I could give Nick what he wanted; what he needed. The tears of happiness continued to pour down my cheeks as I laughed to myself, constantly staring at the tests as if they could change any moment.

It was like God had heard our desperate pleas and answered straight away. I fell to my knees, praying and thanking God for blessing us once more. Nick was going to be a father. I could not stop thinking that and the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to dance on the rooftops telling the world. I decided to tell Nick tomorrow on Christmas as my gift to him. A gift that was well overdue. I took all of the tests from the counter, putting them in a small bag out of side, checking my appearance was ok before heading downstairs.

I walked into the living room to see everyone smiling at Nick who had Lucy in his arms, both of them smiling at each other. As I walked even further into the room, the love and adoration in Nick’s eyes was clear for all to see; he was born to be a father. Lucy slowly picked up her arm, pointing her finger before pressing it ever so gently to Nick’s nose. Everyone started laughing, smiling at the interaction between the pair. Nick rested Lucy on his arm, moving his other arm and like Lucy, resting his finger on her nose. She stared down at her nose looking hilarious as she did so. She jumped noticing the sudden sound and also started laughing. Nick looked up and did a double take when he saw me there, a large loving smile on his lips.

“We’re just going to go and set her stuff up in the guest room” Dan said, taking Claire’s hand as they walked to the car to fetch Lucy’s things. I walked over to Nick, sitting down next to him, resting my chin on his shoulder.

“Hello there” I smiled at Lucy. Lucy immediately started giggling, holding out her hand to me. I smiled at Nick, picking up my hand to hold against her much smaller one. “Well don’t you have little hands” I chuckled. Lucy looked to Nick as she smiled as if she was proud of her hand size. Nick passed Lucy to me and I was more than happy to take her. I held her to my chest, watching as she played with my necklace. Nick brought his hand up to stroke her head which startled her at first as she glared at the hand before clearly liking the feel and smiling again. Luckily I doubted Lucy was going to be a troublesome baby unlike Dan who was an awful child.

The front door slammed shut as Dan and Claire carried all of the stuff inside, marching up the stairs. Lucy jumped at the sound, looking around frantically for the noise, her little chest rising and falling at an amazing speed.

“It’s ok beautiful” Nick cooed, rubbing her arm with his finger. Lucy looked at Nick before gurgling and laughing, her entire body bouncing up and down which made all of us start laughing with her. I hadn’t even realised until I looked up that my mum was taking pictures and my dad was just sitting there smiling at us. The way Nick was interacting with Lucy made my insides go all warm and mushy and the fact he had his own child on the way made me even more excited. Lucy started stretching her arm, trying to reach Nicks hair even though she was so far away. Nick bent his head down, smiling at her as she played with his curls in fascination.

“Do you like Uncle Nicky’s curls?” I asked in a baby voice. She looked at me smiling as if to answer my question. I smiled, kissing her forehead. “Yeah, me too” I saw Nick grin at me as Lucy continued to play with his hair. She allowed Nick to move back as she went for my hair, feeling it was much smoother and straighter than Nicks. She picked up some pieces of hair, running them over her hand. Nick picked up the same piece of my hair, stroking it around her face which started making her laugh hysterically. As Nick continued to play with her I saw Claire and Dan also staring at us with soppy smiles on their faces.

“Oh sorry did you want to take her?” Nick asked as he clicked out of his Lucy daydream.

“We were just going to put her down for the night because she’ll start getting cranky soon.” Claire said as she continued to smile at us.

“And we wouldn’t want that now would we?” I cooed to Lucy, kissing her forehead again. Nick held out his hand which Lucy pressed her own against before I stood up, passing her to Dan.

“Say good night” Claire said as she picked up Lucy’s hand, waving it at all of us. Lucy yawned snuggling into Dan’s arms before being carried out of the room.

“She’s adorable” I said as I lent into Nick, resting my head on his shoulder, smiling when I felt his hand stroking my hair. .

“I know. She’s the princess of the family that’s for sure” My mum said as she laughed, knowing how much she was spoilt by us all.

“You want to hit the hay?” I asked Nick. He nodded, stretching his body whilst I did the same standing up.

“Night mum, night dad. See you on Christmas” I smiled at them.

“Goodnight you two. We love you both very much, have a good sleep” My dad said. I nodded squeezing Nick’s hand which was in mine.

“Goodnight and thank you for an amazing week” Nick smiled hugging both of my parents before wrapping his arm around my shoulder, guiding me up the stairs. I stripped down to my pyjamas, Nick into his pyjama bottoms, joining me in bed.

“Lucy is such an amazing little girl” Nick said as he rubbed his hands up and down my back absentmindedly.

“I know, she’s unbelievable” I chuckled, looking up at Nick. “You are going to be an absolutely amazing father”

“You think?” He asked shyly, wondering if I was just saying it.

“I know so. The way you were with Lucy was amazing and not to mention, adorable. You’re a true natural.” I nodded my head, looking absolutely serious with what I was saying.

“I just hope I can be as good as you. The way you were holding Lucy and the way she acted around you; I just wish I can be like that one day” Nick said quietly, not looking into my eyes.

“Nick, if our child doesn’t like you, actually if anyone doesn’t like you then there is something seriously wrong with them. You are amazing and don’t forget that.” I pressed my lips to his, his own openly quickly to allow my tongue in to meet his. After a long time of kissing, I pulled back, stroking his face.

“I love you” I said.

“I love you too” He grinned, pecking my lips before pulling me onto his chest, both of us quickly falling asleep.

……

I frowned as I felt something bouncing at the end of the bed. I snuggled further into Nick’s arms, not wanting to wakeup.

“Wake up sleepy heads. It’s Christmas!” Dan yelled from the end of the bed that he was pushing up and down with his palms. Nick and I ignored him as we clung to each other in our sleep, Nick pulling my body even closer to his. I felt Dan’s fingers trying to lift my eyelids so I slapped my hand around to make him stop.

“Dan go away” I grumbled, turning on my side to face away from him, burying my face into Nick’s neck.

“No, dad isn’t letting any of us open our presents until you two lazy sods are up. Lucy is waiting patiently downstairs and I don’t know how long it will be before she goes crazy”

“Ok we’re up” Nick said with sleep in his voice which made him sound irresistible.

“You are so hot in the mornings” I grinned, opening my eyes to see Nick leaning over me with a smirk.

“Is that so?” I nodded, smiling as Nick brought his lips down to mine, holding his body above mine with his arms.

“Are you kidding me? I’m right here!” Dan screeched. I brushed him off as I wrapped my arms around Nick’s neck, grinning into the kiss as I heard Dan mutter some things and stomp back downstairs. Nick moved his lips across from my lips, sliding his lips down my neck. I sighed, tightening my arms around his neck, my toes curling as he continued to press kisses down my neck.

“Merry Christmas beautiful” Nick said onto the skin of my neck, moving his head to look at me.

“Merry Christmas to you too, and what an amazing way to welcome in the day” I chuckled, pulling his body up to mine, his face just above my own. He grinned, gently moving his lips against mine.

“Come on, we don’t want to leave the baby waiting” I sighed, running my fingers down his back.

“Lucy?” Nick questioned.

“No. Dan”

…..

We all sat surrounded in wrapping paper, presents stacked high, especially Lucy’s pile which was funny considering her size. I smiled at Nick who was bouncing Lucy on his lap, playing peek a boo with her. She pointed at me, making me grin before poking my tongue out at her which she tried to copy.

“Yes that’s Aunty Alex. Isn’t she preeeetty” Nick dragged on as he smiled at me. I grinned, leaning forward to peck his lips. Lucy started clapping her hands excitedly, bouncing on Nick’s leg. Lucy turned to Claire, holding her arms up clearly missing her mummy. Nick smiled, standing up to pass Lucy over to Claire. As Nick was about to sit down next to me I stood up which brought a confused expression to his face.

“I still have one final present.” I announced.

“Yes! I knew she wanted to get me that Lamborghini!” Dan yelled, before Claire hit his arm. Isabella watched her mother’s movements and did the same, gently hitting Dan’s arm. “You see that, Lucy is already beating me up!” Dan exclaimed.

“Shut up Dan” Claire said, shaking her head at him. “Go on Alex” She laughed.

“Ok well it is kind of a gift for everyone but mainly Nick” I turned to look at him, everyone confused at what it could be.

“I’m pregnant” I said quietly, staring directly at Nick. His entire face went pale, his mouth open slightly as he stared at me.

“Really?” He whispered, standing up and walking over to take my hands in his.

“Really. We’re having our baby” I said with a soft smile which Nick returned. He grabbed my face in his hands and passionately kissed my lips, neither of us caring about people watching but they were too busy jumping up and down cheering. Nick and I latched onto each other, hugging each other so tightly one of us could have suffocated. I sobbed tears of happiness onto his shoulder, remaining in that position for a long time.

“I am crazy in love with you Alexandra Jonas” Nick said into my neck.

“Nicholas Jonas, you’ve made me believe that fairytales do come true” I smiled, holding my lips to his neck. I pulled back, resting my forehead on his, pecking his lips a few times, both of us smiling at each other. I turned my head to see everyone waiting to hug us. As soon as I pulled out of Nick’s arms both of us were squished with everyone hugging us tightly, Dan lifting me off the ground…again.

“Well how’s that for a Christmas present?” My dad laughed, hugging Nick firmly, knowing how much it meant to him.

“This calls for some diet coke!” My mum squealed, everyone looking at her weirdly. “Well it’s not like she can have alcohol. Come on people” She rolled her eyes, running excitedly out of the room. Everyone followed her into the kitchen but I stayed behind with Nick.

“Thank you” Nick whispered, brushing my hair with his fingers.

“Thank you? For what?”

“For being the most amazing woman in the world. I still cannot believe you are all mine. You’ve given me something in life that otherwise would not have existed.” Both of our eyes were soft as we stared at each other, the love we shared not being able to be put into words. “And thank you for standing by me, despite everything my family has put you through”

“Nick don’t. Your family is amazing; I mean your parents took me in like one of their own. Plus, they gave me you didn’t they. And for that, I am so so thankful to them.”

“I meant Joe and Kevin” Nick said, his eyes turning cold as he looked away before returning his gaze to me again.

“Don’t” I said softly, placing my hand on his cheek.

“No. What they did was unacceptable and sick and I will never forgive them.” He growled bitterly. I sighed, keeping my hand on his face affectionately, not wanting to cause an argument. Instead I wrapped my arms around his waist, his own pulling me closer my by lower back as I rested my face on his chest.

“Most people would have run a mile after everything with Isabella, especially considering it was the husband’s family that did it. But you didn’t. You stood by me despite everything, even with your eating disorder you let me in instead of swallowing yourself up. I know I say I love you every single moment of everyday, but what I feel is so much more than that and I just want you to know that. Love is simply an understatement for how I feel about you.” I pulled back from his chest, my eyes watering. Nick chuckled, hugging me to his chest, kissing my hair. “Wow, pregnancy hormones already kicking in”

I shook my head, moving back, wiping at my eyes as I tried to catch my breath. “No it’s not that. I just…what you said…I feel the exact same way. Even though we’ve known each other for 6 years, my heart still flutters whenever you’re near. I can just think of you and it becomes butterfly season in my stomach. Like you said, words cannot describe how you make me feel. I never thought it was possible to care about someone else’s well being more than my own, but I do. Before I do something for myself, I make sure you are happy first because that is so much more important for me. Even if we have the occasional argument which is still nothing compared to most couples, my feelings for you never weaken, never ever and I know that they never will. And the fact that we are now having a child as a result of this love makes me feel incredible; knowing this little one in here will represent how we feel for each other. And I know that our baby will have the most amazing father possible” Nick and I had not dropped eye contact the entire time I was speaking, both of our eyes going cloudy at the true meaning of everything being said.

“And mother. I can not think of anyone as passionate and loving as you, and our baby is so privileged to have someone as astounding as you in their life, just like I am and I thank the man upstairs every single day for blessing me with my Alex; my angel.”

We continued to stare at each other before we both moved forward at an astonishing speed, smashing our lips together in a fierce and avid kiss, our breathing scarce and short, but we didn’t care. We were a couple so ridiculously in love it was, well…ridiculous. Life had thrown us some bitches but together we had overcome all of them. With Isabella, we didn’t think our lives could get much worse after her death, but now we were celebrating a new life into the world. Our new baby could never replace Isabella because everyone has their own right to be remembered and we refuse to ever let anyone forget about our first princess and will not allow our future children to either.

All that mattered was that the empty void in both of our lives was now filled and we were more than ready to continue with our fairytale, but this time…as parents.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it, finito.

Well at least it ended on a good note.
I sequel is in the works but I need your help with the storyline, and when it time it should happen blah blah blah. There will be one final chapter after this, but it will just be questions of what you guys want so this is the last official chapter of 'Cupids Eternal Arrow' but i havent checked it so sorry for mistakes.

I have had this written for the last few days but i have had to do a speech everyday of this week infront of 1600 people so i was too stressed to even look at my laptop lol. Anyways...thanks for everyone who commented and subbed and read, and if you havent done so, please give me one last comment to make my day.

Thank you chums
=)