My life as a loser in High School.

006

Apparently being “really deep” means never opening your curtains, smoking a lot of weed and listening to Morrissey all day.

After I had told my mother that unfortunately I was going to skip the fun outing to the store to get paint, Jay came to pick me up at my house. My Mother practically beamed at him and shooed us out of the house, happy that my friend wasn’t a figment of my imagination.

“Your mum’s hot!” Jay exclaimed raising his hands in the air.

“EW, first of all, no she’s not and second, you are meant to be gay. Don’t say you are on the turn Jason Phillips.” I teased poking him in the sides. He laughed and poked me back causing me to squirm and shriek. By the time we had reached Sidney’s house, we were having a full on tickling match.

“This is his house?!” I exclaimed staring open mouthed at the huge mansion type house we were stood in front of.

“Yep.” He replied happily. “There’s a reason that he never leaves his room, you know.”

“Wow...” I breathed still awestruck at the hugeness of everything. Who knew at the end of this crappy little town, they built palaces.

“Come on.” Jay said nudging me. I nodded and followed him down the long garden path up to the white front door which was covered in fake butterflies. Jay reached out and pressed the doorbell twice, before stepping back. A sudden feeling of nerves erupted in my body and I gulped to stop myself throwing up or something equally as embarrassing.

A few moments later a women opened the door, dressed similarly to how my own mother used to dress. Her hair was tied back in a tight bun which seemed to smooth out the wrinkles on her forehead. I wondered if Jay thought Sidney’s mum was hot too.

“He’s in his room.” He said straight away, without question or greeting. “Shocker there.” She muttered walking away. Jay stepped into the grand house and quickly removed his shoes ushering me inside as well. I slipped off my flats and I gazed around the house in delight. I was half expecting big chandeliers hanging off the ceiling and marble floors but it was a nice surprise to find that it basically looked liked most homes with family portraits and jackets slung over the banister.

“Come on Briester.” Jay said waving a hand in front of my face. He led me up the steep stairs and I could faintly make out the sound of Nirvana playing from a bedroom. Jay took my hand, because apparently I was moving too slow and dragged me towards the door which the music was coming from.

He banged on the door loudly and grinned at me. I smiled weakly back and wished the nervous butterflies would disappear. What if he did hate me?

The sound of the music being shut off was the only movement I could hear inside the room. “Sidney, it’s me...” Jay cooed pressing his mouth to the crack of the door. “And Brie!”

The sound of the door being unlocked startled me and I leaped backwards nearly colliding with Jay. Stood in the door way was a boy who looked a couple of years older than us. He wore black framed glasses which balanced awkwardly on his pointing nose and his dark brown hair was long and curling at the edges. He wore baggy jeans and a t shirt of a band that I had never heard of and hanging from his neck looked like an animal tooth of some kind.

“How come everyone else calls me Sid, yet you still insist on calling me Sidney?” he asked rolling his eyes. He walked into his dark room leaving the door open so we could follow him. As I was last in, I shut the door timidly behind me and looked round to see where Jay was sat.

The room wasn’t as big as I imagined it to be, compared to the rest of the house. His bed was unmade and scruffy and his walls where covered in lyrics (I don’t know whether they were his or not) and posters of old black and white films. Jay was sprawled out on top of the bed and I gingerly made my way towards him, skipping over an over flowing ash tray. Sidney was perched in a wooden chair by a computer desk which didn’t actually have a computer on top of it. He pressed a button on a remote and Kurt Cobain’s voice filled the room once again.

“This is Brie,” Jay said as I gently sat on the edge of the bed. “Brie, this is Sidney.”

“Please, just call me Sid. Please...” He practically begged. I smiled and looked down not sure what to say.

“Brie’s new here so I decided to bring her to meet the fabulous Sidney.” Jay told him. Sid sighed.

“I’m not fabulous Jay, but I can tell you that you’re annoying.”

“Aw, you love me really.” Jay squealed leaping up and giving Sid a hug. Sid just sat there a frown on his face although he didn’t attempt to push him away.

“Uh, huh... Whatever you say.” He grumbled. I giggled and the two boys turned to me. “She doesn’t say much does she?” Sid stated nodded over to me.

“She does! It’s just you, you scare her.” Jay said angrily.

“I haven’t done anything!” Sid argued back with a hurt tone to his voice. I grinned at both of them and decided maybe I should put Sid out of his misery.

“How do you two know each other then?” I asked, leaning forward interested. Sid rolled his eyes.

“His mum and my mum are quite close friends so unfortunately I’ve known him nearly all of my entire life.”

“Hey, I’m not that bad!” Jay shrieked. Sid shrugged and opened a draw producing a little bag. I gulped nervously scared it was going to be drugs or something. I mean, I don’t care if Sid takes them (apparently he’s a huge stoner) but what if he tried to bribe me into taking them. That wouldn’t be fun.

I watched carefully as he fished out what looked like a small sheet of white paper. Oh, God, he’s making a joint! Jay must have noticed me tense up because he smiled reassuringly.

“Don’t worry, it’s just a roll. Sidney doesn’t believe in cigarettes.”

“Sidney can’t afford cigarettes,” He muttered bitterly rolling brown stuff onto the paper.

“That’s why you should leave the house and get yourself a job.” Jay replied sounding very much like a mother. Sid rolled his eyes again. I can see he does this a lot when Jay’s around. “Maybe you could see more of that girl you’re always talking about.”

“Danielle? Nah, man, she’s way out of league.”

“Nonsense! Look at you... er, you got charm!” Jay said enthusiastically earning a glare from Sid. I giggled again watching as Sid placed the thin roll into his mouth and lit. Almost instantly the room filled with smoke and the smell of nicotine. Sid took a huge drag before passing it on to Jay who puffed it with a scowl on his face.

“Man, these things are gross.” He moaned passing it back. Sid took another deep drag and gestured towards me. I shook my head quickly and Jay smacked him around the head.

“She doesn’t smoke, idiot!” Jay scolded.

“How the hell was I supposed to know?” Sid replied looking wounded. I giggled quietly and Jay shot me a grin. I smiled back and Sid lips slightly curved upwards. Maybe things were going to get better.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it took over two weeks to update and the update wasn't that long. I'll try and update again before Christmas but no promises. xo